Make the Way Straight

makethewaystraight.com

Message Boards

Forum Home > General Discussion > Revelation: 2:13: ... even where Satan's seat is...where Satan dwells.

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Revelation: 2:13: ... even where Satan's seat is:..where Satan dwelleth.
2Thes:2:3:...except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Updated 10/15/6989 [5768] 3rd day of the week (12/25/07)

Updated 11/15/6989 [5768] 5th day of the week (01/23/08)

Daniy'Yah/Daniel:8:23: And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

Yirmiyah/Jeremiah: 4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH!  Surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yerusalem, saying, ye shall have shalom/peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

Jer:6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Jer:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee?  for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

If you have not read the article on the seven Ekklesia specifically concerning Pergamos I suggest you do so. More historical understanding is given in this article:

54)The 7 Congregations

Revelation: 2:12: And to the Malak of the ekklesia/moed/congregation in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

Revelation: 2:13: I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast My name, and hast not denied My belief, even in those days wherein Antipas was my trustworthy martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Re:13:1: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2Thes:2:3: Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th:2:4: Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called YaHVeH, or that is worshipped; so that he as god sitteth in the temple of YaHVeH, shewing himself that he is god.

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the ruach into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
Re:17:4: And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
Re:17:5: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

These set backs may look bleak for any possible membership for Turkey to the EU, but don't be mislead by these issues. As time goes on, world conditions, especially in the Middle East will make it very advantageous for The EU to have Turkey as a member. Remember Turkey is a Muslim nation.

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq/Isaac children. Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq, born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah loved Ya?akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya?akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

http://euobserver.com/9/27304

Turkey - EU talks entering critical year, report says

ELITSA VUCHEVA

16.12.2008 @ 09:28 CET

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS – Both Turkey and the EU should work to boost the pace of accession negotiations, which have been losing momentum lately, according to a report published on Monday (15 December), stressing that next year will be 'critical' for Turkey's EU membership perspective.

"Turkey is entering a critical year, in which its prospects for European Union (EU) membership are at make or break stage," says the International Crisis Group (ICG) in a new report.

Turkey has been an official EU candidate since 1999. (Photo: EUobserver)

"Both sides need to recall how much they have to gain from each other and move quickly on several fronts to break out of this downward spiral before one or the other breaks off the negotiations, which could then well prove impossible to start again," it adds.

If the situation remains unchanged and the accession talks keep stalling, there is a danger of weak reform performance by Turkey; the report also predicts new tensions between Turks and Kurds; as well as a polarisation in politics and "the potential loss of the principal anchor of this decade's economic miracle."

Ankara would not be the only losing side, the ICG reports, as there would be "longer term" cost for the EU as well.

The European Union would get "less easy access to one of the biggest and fastest-growing nearby markets, likely new tensions over Cyprus and loss of leverage that real partnership with Turkey offers in helping to stabilise the Middle East, strengthen EU energy security and reach out to the Muslim world."

Turkey has been an official candidate to join the EU since 1999 and opened accession negotiations with the bloc in 2005.

But the talks have been moving slowly since then, and only eight chapters of its 35-chapter accession package have been opened, with just one successfully closed so far.

Two more chapters are expected to be opened by the end of this week (19 December).

Loss of momentum is both sides' fault

Several negotiation chapters have been blocked because of Ankara's refusal to open its ports to Cypriot ships, despite signing a protocol in 2005 to extend its customs union with the EU to the 10 states that joined the bloc in 2004.

Turkey does not recognise the Greek government in the southern part of the divided island, while at the same time being the only country to recognise its northern Turkish section.

Earlier this month, EU foreign ministers meeting in Brussels stated that progress in this area was "now urgently awaited."

"A failure to live up to the commitment made in 2005 to open seaports and airports to Greek Cypriot traffic in 2009 would risk anti-membership EU states seeking to suspend Turkey's accession negotiations," the ICG warns.

In addition, the EU is pressing Turkey to do more to fight corruption and organised crime, to align with European standards as regards minority rights, and to push administrative and political reforms further.

"Instead of showing determined political commitment to the EU process, some top Turkish leaders have preferred to adopt an injured tone of complaint about Brussels' demands and criticism. Above all, implementation [of reforms] has lagged," the ICG says.

But the NGO puts part of the blame for the loss of momentum on the EU as well.

"EU member states should seize the chance to fix past mistakes over Cyprus by prioritising success in the new negotiations on the island and do more to encourage Turkey to revitalise its reform effort," it says.

"EU politicians

December 18, 2008 at 4:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phillip
Site Owner

2Thes:2:3:...except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

Daniy'Yah/Daniel:8:23: And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

Yirmiyah/Jeremiah: 4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH!  Surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yerusalem, saying, ye shall have shalom/peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

Jer:6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Jer:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee?  for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

If you have not read the article on the seven Ekklesia specifically concerning Pergamos I suggest you do so. More historical understanding is given in this article:

54)The 7 Congregations

Revelation: 2:12: And to the Malak of the ekklesia/moed/congregation in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

Revelation: 2:13: I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast My name, and hast not denied My belief, even in those days wherein Antipas was my trustworthy martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

Re:13:1: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2Thes:2:3: Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
2Th:2:4: Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called YaHVeH, or that is worshipped; so that he as god sitteth in the temple of YaHVeH, shewing himself that he is god.

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the ruach into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.
Re:17:4: And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:
Re:17:5: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

These set backs may look bleak for any possible membership for Turkey to the EU, but don't be mislead by these issues. As time goes on, world conditions, especially in the Middle East will make it very advantageous for The EU to have Turkey as a member. Remember Turkey is a Muslim nation.

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq/Isaac children. Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq, born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah loved Ya?akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya?akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muhammad_al-Mahdi

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/129069

Syria, Turkey Break Off Talks with Israel Because of Gaza Op.

Tevet 1, 5769, 28 December 08 05:24
by Gil Ronen

(IsraelNN.com) Syria notified Turkey on Sunday that it was ceasing all indirect negotiations with Israel following the Air Force operation against Hamas installations in Gaza, according to Turkish sources cited by the Syrian Cham Press news agency. Last week, Syria said it was suspending the talks pending elections in Israel and the inauguration of Barack Obama as President of the United States.

Cham Press added that Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan was also suspending his contacts with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert. In confirming Sunday's report, Erdogan called the Israeli air strikes "a blow to the peace initiative at a time when we're making significant efforts on its behalf."

Erdogan called the attack on Gaza "a crime against humanity" and called for it to end immediately. He called the Gaza operation "a sign of disrespect towards Turkey."

Hundreds demonstrated in front of the Israel embassy in Turkey Sunday and burned a wooden Star of David.

Four rounds of indirect talks between Syria and Israel have been held with Turkish mediation in the past year, but the talks were suspended when Olmert announced his resignation. Nevertheless, Olmert has continued to refer to the talks with pride as a significant achievement of his government with important potential. Last week he visited Turkey and held talks on the subject with Erdogan.

Arab League convening UNSC
The Arab League is working to convene an emergency session of the United Nations Security Council. The League's Ambassador to the UN, Yihya Almahsani, said that he expects the session to take place later Sunday, in order to discuss "the crimes being perpetrated by Israel against the Palestinians." He said that the Arab League would demand steps to halt Israeli attacks completely and immediately.

January 2, 2009 at 8:57 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phillip
Site Owner

54)The 7 Congregations

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq/Isaac children. Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq, born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah loved Ya?akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya?akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/129164

Israel Critical of Turkey?s Criticism of Gaza Actions

Tevet 5, 5769, 01 January 09 09:29
by Avraham Zuroff

(IsraelNN.com) Israeli sources criticized Turkey on Thursday morning for its support of the Hamas guerrilla army and for calling Israel?s military actions in Gaza ?criminal.?

Turkey?s Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan will meet Thursday with Egpyt?s President Mubarak in Cairo. This is part of a series of meetings that the Turkish prime minister has conducted in several Arab capitals.

On Wednesday, Erdogan visited Jordan, meeting with King Abdullah. During the meeting, Erdogan referred to Israel?s military operations in Gaza as ?criminal.?

The Turkish prime minister previously denounced on Sunday the Israeli air assault as a "crime against humanity" and called for an end to the violence. The devoutly religious Muslim prime minister of the secular Turkish country has had to walk a tightrope between his religious convictions and his opposition to Islamic extremists, which he has denounced in the past.

Erdogan said he was appalled that the Israeli attacks came as his country was helping mediate peace talks between Syria and Israel. He said the attack on Gaza was a "show of disrespect" towards Turkey and cancelled efforts to organize peace talks between Israel and Syria.

Prime Minister Ehud Olmert was in Turkey last week to hold talks with Erdogan and Turkish President Abdullah Gul regarding the Turkey-mediated indirect talks between Syria and Israel.

Minister of Welfare and Social Services Yitzchak Herzog stated that Israel had no intention to harm its diplomatic relations with Turkey. Nevertheless, it had no choice but to attack Gaza.

"Hamas launched a very heavy attack on Israel. We had to protect our people," Herzog added.

Herzog also said Israel was sure that it would regain Turkey's confidence in the future.

January 4, 2009 at 11:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phillip
Site Owner

54)The 7 Congregations

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7816288.stm

Page last updated at 16:00 GMT, Wednesday, 7 January 2009

Turkey holds 30 over 'coup plot'

Policeman and Turkish flag
Prosecutors say the plotters operate inside the "deep state"

More than 30 people have been detained in Turkey in a widening inquiry into an alleged coup plot.

Those arrested reportedly included three retired generals and a former police chief.

Some 86 people are already accused of an ultra-nationalist plot to stoke unrest that would provoke the army to launch a coup.

Critics say the ruling AK Party is simply arresting some of its most prominent secular opponents.

Wednesday's police operation involved simultaneous raids in six provinces, the Turkish state news agency Anatolia said.

A court in Istanbul also ordered searches of the suspects' homes and workplaces, it said.

A larger group of suspects, who include retired military officers, politicians, academics and journalists, went on trial in October, accused of being part of a shadowy group known as Ergenekon.

The 2,455-page indictment holds the group responsible for at least two violent attacks - the bombing of a secularist newspaper in 2006 and an attack on a court in the same year, in which a judge was killed.

Attacks on those key parts of the secular establishment were supposed to provoke Turkey's military into launching a coup in defence of secular interests, it is alleged.

The suspects deny the charges, saying they are politically motivated.

January 8, 2009 at 6:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phillip
Site Owner

Yirmiyah/Jeremiah: 4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! Surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yerusalem, saying, ye shall have shalom/peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

Jer:6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Jer:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

If you have not read the article on the seven Ekklesia specifically concerning Pergamos I suggest you do so. More historical understanding is given in this article:

54)The 7 Congregations

Revelation: 2:12: And to the Malak of the ekklesia/moed/congregation in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

Revelation: 2:13: I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast My name, and hast not denied My belief, even in those days wherein Antipas was my trustworthy martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

2Th:2:4: Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called YaHVeH, or that is worshipped; so that he as god sitteth in the temple of YaHVeH, shewing himself that he is god.

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the ruach into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq/Isaac children. Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq, born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah loved Ya?akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya'akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7837145.stm

Page last updated at 12:04 GMT, Monday, 19 January 2009

Turkey tries to revive EU drive

Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan has begun a visit to Brussels for talks on his country's flagging bid to join the European Union.

He will meet the European Commission president and other senior officials.

It is his first Brussels visit since 2004, when the EU formally agreed to open Turkey's accession talks.

Correspondents say a flurry of democratic reforms to reach that goal has since floundered, and many see 2009 as decisive for Turkey's EU ambitions.

Last week, Mr Erdogan asked a close aide, Egemen Bagis, to be the country's first full-time negotiator for the accession talks.

Pipeline 'review'

At the start of his three-day visit to Brussels, Mr Erdogan insisted that EU accession remained a "top priority" for his country.

"I hope there will be a leap in 2009," he told a news conference.

Mr Erdogan said Turkey was working on many of the reforms demanded by the EU, which include changes to its constitution, safeguarding free speech, granting more rights to minorities, and curbing the power of the armed forces.

"We don't ask for privileges, what we ask for is equal and fair treatment," he said.

But he also warned that Turkey might reconsider its support for the Nabucco pipeline - which is intended to bring gas from the Caucasus to Europe, bypassing both Russia and Ukraine - if the so-called energy chapter of the negotiating framework remained blocked.

"If we are faced with a situation where the energy chapter is blocked, we would of course review our position," he said.

The BBC's Oana Lungescu in Brussels says Turkey's opposition could deal a serious blow to the $12bn (9bn euro; £8.1bn) pipeline project, which the EU wants to speed up in the wake of the current gas-price dispute between Russia and Ukraine.

Mr Erdogan may be using the pipeline to gain extra leverage in the difficult talks on EU membership, our correspondent says.

Suspension threat

The BBC's Sarah Rainsford in Istanbul says Mr Erdogan's trip to Brussels is a chance for Turkey and Europe to breathe new life into their relationship.

After a galloping start, Turkey has made almost no progress passing democratic reforms in the past four years, and patience in Brussels is wearing thin, our correspondent says.

Mr Erdogan's AK Party has been distracted from the reform agenda of late - fighting domestic crises including a court case meant to close it down - and it is unlikely much will change before March, when local elections are scheduled, she adds.

So far, Turkey has opened talks on 10 out of the 35 "negotiation chapters", of which it has provisionally completed just one.

Eight chapters have been frozen because of Ankara's refusal to open up its ports and airports to traffic from Cyprus, an EU member.

Turkey has said it will not do this until the EU takes steps to end the Turkish Cypriot community's economic isolation.

But the EU has said lifting the ban is now "urgent" and threatened to suspend accession talks if it is not done by mid-December.

January 19, 2009 at 11:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Updated 10/21/6990 [5769] 2nd day of the week (01/19/09)

Yirmiyah/Jeremiah: 4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! Surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yerusalem, saying, ye shall have shalom/peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

Jer:6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Jer:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

If you have not read the article on the seven Ekklesia specifically concerning Pergamos I suggest you do so. More historical understanding is given in this article:

54)The 7 Congregations

Revelation: 2:12: And to the Malak of the ekklesia/moed/congregation in Pergamos write; These things saith he which hath the sharp sword with two edges;

Revelation: 2:13: I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, even where Satan's seat is: and thou holdest fast My name, and hast not denied My belief, even in those days wherein Antipas was my trustworthy martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.

2Th:2:4: Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called YaHVeH, or that is worshipped; so that he as god sitteth in the temple of YaHVeH, shewing himself that he is god.

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the ruach into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq's/Isaac's children.

Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq was born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah favored Ya'akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau belong to, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya'akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1

I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7929841.stm

Obama trip to Turkey within weeks

President Barack Obama will visit Turkey "in a month or so", US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said on a visit to Ankara.

She met Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan in the first visit by a member of the new US administration to Turkey.

Turkey's foreign minister said Ankara was ready to re-launch indirect talks between Syria and Israel.

Mrs Clinton said the importance of building relations between Israel and Syria could not be overstated.

Turkey was mediating those talks until recently, but Foreign Minister Ali Babacan said any request to resume that role must come from both sides.

"President Obama will be visiting Turkey within the next month or so," said Mrs Clinton, at a joint news conference with Mr Babacan. "The exact date will be announced shortly."

'Low perceptions'

The two allies would consult on the safest and most effective way to withdraw US forces from Iraq, she added.

Mr Obama is due to head for Europe next month to attend the G20 summit in London on 2 April.

Ankara has already indicated it will allow the US to use its territory and bases for the planned withdrawal of troops.

The war in Iraq was just one reason perception of the US plunged to a historic low in the predominantly Muslim nation, says the BBC's Sarah Rainsford in Istanbul, and Mrs Clinton wants to reach out to that public.

In addition to her formal meetings, Mrs Clinton is making an appearance on a popular daytime chat show, hosted by four women.

It is the final stop of a week-long foreign tour by America's top diplomat.

Our correspondent says after a fraught relationship with the Bush administration, the visit is seen as a chance to reaffirm the two countries' alliance.

Turkey calls the US secretary of state's trip "important confirmation" of its strategic relationship with America.

Analysts in Turkey see the visit as a sign the Obama administration plans to revitalise its support for Turkey's EU accession efforts.

Our correspondent says Turkey is expected to try to ensure President Obama does not refer to the mass killing of Armenians in 1915 as genocide, in his speech on the anniversary of the forced deportations next month.

March 13, 2009 at 5:59 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

54)The 7 Congregations

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq's/Isaac's children.

Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq was born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah favored Ya'akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau belong to, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya'akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 

I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

http://euobserver.com/9/27915

NATO talks on Rasmussen impact EU-Turkey relations

VALENTINA POP

04.04.2009 @ 21:52 CET

EUOBSERVER / STRASBOURG - NATO on Saturday (4 April) named Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen as its new secretary general, overcoming Turkish opposition during difficult talks which caused fresh tension in EU-Turkey relations.

Turkish resistance to the Rasmussen nomination centered around his support for Danish media after newspapers published cartoons of Mohammed in 2006.

Summit chamber: Turkish President Abdullah Gul was not happy with the EU being brought up in NATO discussions (Photo: nato.org)

The stalemate saw EU enlargement commissioner Olli Rehn suggest to Finnish state broadcaster YLE that Ankara may be unfit to join the EU because it does not respect freedom of speech.

"This will surely raise questions amongst EU member states and citizens on how well Turkey has internalised such European values as freedom of expression," Mr Rehn said.

Politicians in the circle of German Chancellor Angela Merkel also attacked Turkey.

"Whoever puts Islamic propaganda above the future of NATO and our European system of values, has nothing to look for in the EU," Alexander Dobrint, the secretary general of Ms Merkel's sister party, the Christian-Social Union, told German press.

Turkish President Abdullah Gul did not take kindly to the remarks, calling the EU commissioner's intervention "unfortunate" and "unpleasant" and warning that it woud increase anti-EU sentiment in Turkey.

"This was a NATO, not an EU meeting and I shared this with European heads of state," Mr Gul said at a press conference after the NATO summit in Strasbourg. "Although there are several European members of NATO, you can't take a decision in the EU and impose it on NATO, these two can't be linked."

The Turkish president explained that promises made by US President Barack Obama, rather than the veiled threats on EU accession, finally secured Ankara's approval for the Danish appointment.

Obama-brokered deal

"I had a long bilateral meeting with Mr Obama which was very fruitful and our concerns were overcome and wishes respected. We then had a trilateral meeting with Mr Rasmussen," he said.

In return for backing down, Turkey is to get a newly-created post of deputy secretary general of NATO and several Turkish officers inside the alliance's military command.

For his part, the Danish PM took a conciliatory approach.

"I made it clear I will reach out to the Muslim world and I will make sure we will co-operate closely with Turkey," he told press in Strasbourg.

Mr Rasmussen also pledged to look into Danish-based Kurdish TV station Roj TV, which Ankara wants off the air.

"If Roj TV is involved in any terrorist activities, we will do everything to shut it down," he said.

Mr Rasmussen will go with Mr Obama to Ankara on Monday, where the pair will take place in a UN "Alliance of Civilisations" symposium on promoting inter-faith diaogue.

Forty five-year old liberal finance minister Lars Lokke Rasmussen is to take over as the new Danish PM at home.

Italian intermezzo

Turkey's hard bargaining saw some European leaders break wih protocol at the largely ceremonial 60th anniversary NATO summit.

Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi spent 40 minutes talking on his cell phone with his Turkish counterpart in Ankara about the Rasmussen problem, causing him to miss the family photo and a minute's silence for fallen NATO soldiers.

The Italian leader was so absorbed on the phone he forgot to walk up the red carpet to his waiting co-hostess Angela Merkel, who eventually shrugged her shoulders and carried on with the ceremony.

Asked later if the phone conversation had helped in any way, Turkish president Gul smiled and said that "[Mr Berlusconi] really wanted to get the result and worked very hard for it."

April 6, 2009 at 6:09 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmiyah/Jeremiah: 4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! Surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yerusalem, saying, ye shall have shalom/peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the heart.

54)The 7 Congregations

Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq was born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah favored Ya'akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau belong to, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya'akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8029531.stm

Page last updated at 17:41 GMT, Friday, 1 May 2009 18:41 UK

Iraq cleric attends Turkey talks

Moqtada Sadr last appeared in public at a mosque in Iraq in June 2007

The Iraqi Shia cleric Moqtada Sadr has made his first public appearance in nearly two years, attending talks in Turkey on the future of Iraq.

Officials said he met both Turkey's president and the prime minister.

The powerful cleric had fiercely opposed the foreign presence in Iraq and his Mehdi army fought troops until he suspended the movement last year.

He last spoke in public at a mosque in Iraq in June 2007 and has since issued statements through his aides.

An unnamed Turkish Foreign Ministry spokesman said that in light of the "increasingly normalised" situation in Iraq, Moqtada Sadr was in the country for "political consultations with the Turkish authorities".

Reports from Ankara said he met both President Abdullah Gul and Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, but there was no official comment after the talks.

Haidar al-Turfi, a senior aide to Moqtada Sadr, confirmed the visit and said the cleric had travelled to Turkey from Iran, where the US had previously believed he was living.

He said the visit was to meet a delegation from the Iraqi city of Najaf and to "hold discussions with the Turkish side about the situation in Iraq and its future".

Moqtada Sadr has a significant following among Iraq's Shia Muslims but stopped appearing in public after a speech at a mosque in Iraq in June 2007.

His Mehdi army militia, which once numbered tens of thousands of fighters, has observed a ceasefire since August 2007 that is widely credited with reducing sectarian tensions and contributing significantly to a fall in violence.

In August 2008, Moqtada Sadr gave order for the militia to suspend its activities, giving up the strongholds of Baghdad and southern Iraq.

Turkish media said he was expected to continue his visit in Istanbul over the weekend.

May 4, 2009 at 6:11 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

54)The 7 Congregations

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq/Isaac children. Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq, born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah loved Ya?akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya?akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

http://euobserver.com/9/28097

Ankara's closer ties with Muslim countries 'EU compatible'

VALENTINA POP

11.05.2009 @ 10:15 CET

EUOBSERVER / ANKARA – EU accession remains Turkey's main priority after a cabinet reshuffle, with the country's new policy of forging stronger ties with Muslim neighbours seen as EU compatible despite concerns from the secularist oppposition.

"In my term the first priority of our foreign policy will continue to be the EU," Turkish foreign minister Ahmet Davutoglu told a group of EU journalists in Ankara on Friday.

Only ten days in office, after a cabinet reshuffle which saw his predecessor, Ali Babacan, take over the position of minister of economy, he dwelled on the "multidimensional" identity of Turkey - European but majority Muslim, neighbouring the Middle East, the Caucasus, the Mediterranean and the Black Sea - and said no Turkish leader could ignore any of these parts.

In the eyes of the opposition, this shift marks a departure from the traditional secularist view that Turkey is a different culture, but part of the same Western civilisation as Europe. Common military exercises with Syria, for instance, have risen concerns in Israel, a long-time ally of Ankara.

Mr Davutoglu, an influential conservative scholar and former advisor to the premier, was instrumental in Ankara's strong opposition in approving Danish Prime Minister Anders Fogh Rasmussen as future Nato secretary-general. Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdoga cited concerns in the Muslim world over the way the Danish politician managed the cartoon crisis, but was eventually convinced by US President Barack Obama.

"Our purpose was not to defend the Muslim world against Nato, but trying to find out a way to prevent any misperception and damage to the image of Nato. We thought only as a Nato member," he explained, stressing that Ankara would have behaved in the same way if the concerns came from the Chinese or Africans.

In a bid to explain the nuances of the new foreign policy, Mr Davutoglu said his country could not deny its multiple identity. "In Europe, I am looking for the future of Europe, I am speaking as a European. But if we are members of the Organisation of Islamic Conference, in this organisation of course we will be speaking as a member, for the future of the Muslim world," Mr Davutoglu said.

Asked about the relations with Iran, Mr Davutoglu emphasised that there was "mutual respect", especially since the two countries had not changed their border since 1639. "We know each other, we respect each other. Our policy regarding nuclear issues is clear – nobody can defend nuclear weapons," he said, while also defending Tehran's right to peaceful nuclear energy projects.

Another foreign policy shift that was seen with concern in Israeli circles and by the opposition was the government's approach towards Hamas.

"Can you envisage peace without Hamas? Like it or not, they are part of the solution. If we really want a two-state solution, we must allow Hamas to sit at the table," Turkey's chief EU negotiator Egemen Bagis told journalists at a separate briefing.

EU failure fuels Muslim policy

The ruling AK Party had a "half-hearted European policy" and a preference for Muslim countries because "EU is no successful story in the eyes of the public," opposition leader Onur Oymen from the secularist Republican People's Party (CHP) party said.

Created by the founding father of Turkey's strong separation between mosque and state – military leader Kemal Ataturk – the CHP suffered a crushing defeat in the 2007 elections that saw the AKP consolidate its power at 46.6 percent of the votes.

The EU was wrongly backing the "so-called" reforms of the AK Party, he said, restricting the army's role and allowing Islamic symbols – such as the head scarf – re-enter public life. The image of the army and its defenders has been seriously shaken in the past year with the emergence of a far-reaching trial case dubbed "Ergenekon."

Over a hundred people, including former generals, university professors, politicians and journalists have been detained or questioned since July 2008 in connection to this alleged clandestine, ultra-nationalist paramilitary organisation aimed at toppling the AKP government and assassinating prominent figures.

Allegedly, Ergenekon was the successor or had some members who were initially part of the CIA-backed Counter-Guerilla, the covert organisation established at the beginning of the Cold War to oppose communism and later on fight the Kurdish Workers Party (PKK).

The case was started at a time when the Constitutional Court was about to give its verdict on whether the AKP was breaching the separation of mosque and state, which would have dissolved the party and thrown most of its leaders, including premier Recep Tayyip Erdogan and President Abdullah Gul, to jail.

The court in the end did not deem the AKP anti-constitutional, but issued a strong warning and said the AKP was undertaking "anti-secular activities."

Slow negotiations

Despite EU negotiations in the slow lane and being kicked around in "domestic politics football", Turkish citizens seemed to be adopting the "EU agenda", the head of EU commission's delegation to Ankara, Marc Pierini, said.

"The aquis communautaire is about better air, safer food, equal rights. There is a very strong political awareness of the citizens, even in villages, they are very educated politically," he said, while noting that the drive towards accession was less strong.

In the five years since opening negotiations, Ankara and Brussels have finalised only one accession chapter of a total of 35, while eight remain blocked due to the ongoing dispute about Northern Cyprus. Additionally, Cyprus is now blocking the opening of the energy chapter, the only country to do so in the EU's Council of Ministers - representing the member states.

Ankara does not recognise EU member state Cyprus, who for its part has failed to reconcile with the northern part of the island, rejecting a UN-brokered deal that the Northern Cypriots had approved in a referendum.

Northern Cyprus is not part of the EU and only recognised by Turkey, which invaded this part of the island in 1973 in order to prevent its annexation to Greece.

Turkey refuses to open its airports and ports to Greek Cypriot traffic until the issue is solved.

Correction: the quotation of ambassador Marc Pierini should read "the EU agenda is now the Turkish citizen's agenda."

May 12, 2009 at 5:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmiyah/Jeremiah: 4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! Surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yahushalayim, saying, ye shall have shalom/peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the heart.

54)The 7 Congregations

Turkish gas demand not on table in Nabucco talks

http://archive.gulfnews.com/articles/09/05/30/10318122.html

05/30/2009 06:08 PM | Reuters

Vienna: A Turkish demand for 15 per cent of the gas pumped through the Nabucco pipeline is not an issue in talks between governments for a deal to facilitate the project, the Nabucco consortium head said on Friday.

The European Union backs the project to help lessen its dependence on Russian gas, but Turkey's claims on the fuel were one of many potential obstacles for the 3,300km pipeline.

"The 15 per cent out-take is not on the table," Nabucco managing director Reinhard Mitschek told Reuters.

"No deal-breaker is on the table and I am confident that Turkey as well as Europe will feel comfortable with the compromises reached."

A deal between Turkey and European governments on transit agreements for the pipeline should be signed on time in June, he said.

Russia opposes Nabucco and has accelerated plans for a rival project to keep its grip on Europe's gas market. It supplies a quarter of EU gas demand. Mitschek said Europe would need both Nabucco and Russian gas.

"Nabucco is not an anti-Russian project, but a pro-European project," he said. "We will need the Russian gas in the future for Eur-ope. In addition to that, we will also take alternative gas on board."

A final investment decision should be taken on Nabucco in early 2010, he said. Construction is set to start in 2011 to ship first gas in 2014, he added.

Iraq's Kurdistan heralded a plan to export gas from the semi-autonomous region through the pipeline earlier this month, although the central government rejected the scheme. Baghdad has also said it could supply Nabucco from another part of Iraq.

Iraq's central and Kurdish governments have repeatedly clashed over oil and gas deals. Mitschek said he believed the two would come to some compromise that would allow gas from Iraq to flow to Europe through Europe.

"They are all interested to receive foreign currency to improve and build up their markets and their industries so they would like to export their gas to Turkey and to Europe," he said.

It remained to be seen whether gas from Azerbaijan or from Iraq would fill the first phase of Nabucco, but that would depend on the speed of development of the project, he said.

Nabucco was not concerned about some of its shareholders looking at alternative future gas supplies, Mitschek said. The market would need more alternative supply routes in the future, but Nabucco was the top priority for shareholders, he added.

Romania said on Thursday it would consider other projects if talks on Nabucco did not advance.

June 1, 2009 at 6:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

54)The 7 Congregations

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq/Isaac children. Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq, born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah loved Ya?akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya?akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8103247.stm

Page last updated at 15:07 GMT, Tuesday, 16 June 2009 16:07 UK

Turkey probes 'new anti-PM plot'

The army chief is seen as symbolising Turkey's secular order

Turkey's prime minister has had a special meeting with the country's military chief to discuss an alleged plot to discredit the ruling AK Party.

PM Recep Tayyip Erdogan urged civilian and military investigators to find out who was behind the alleged plan. It was reported by the Taraf daily on Friday.

According to Taraf, officers plotted to "break popular support" for the AKP, which has its roots in Islam.

A separate probe into an alleged anti-AKP plot has led to dozens of arrests.

Gen Ilker Basbug did not comment on his talks with Mr Erdogan on Tuesday. But earlier he said the military was investigating whether the reported anti-AKP plan was authentic.

Along with the AKP, it also allegedly targeted a Muslim brotherhood led by a cleric, Fethullah Gulen.

The Turkish daily Hurriyet says a senior naval officer, Dursun Cicek, is accused of having drawn up the anti-AKP document in April.

The plan reportedly set out ways to combat fundamentalist Islam and curb religious movements.

The military is seen as a bastion of Turkish secularism and there are long-running tensions between officers and members of the ruling AKP.

In the so-called Ergenekon investigation, several retired generals have been arrested, along with politicians, journalists and academics. They are suspected of belonging to an ultra-nationalist network that sought to trigger a military coup against Mr Erdogan's government.

June 16, 2009 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

54)The 7 Congregations

http://euobserver.com/9/28412/?rk=1

France lays down the law on Turkey's EU progress

HONOR MAHONY

06.07.2009 @ 09:12 CET

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS – France has warned Sweden to respect its views on Turkey's EU membership negotiations during its EU presidency, saying it will tolerate the two sides moving closer only in certain areas.

"Everybody knows that as regards enlargement we don't have exactly the same position as regards Turkey," said French president Nicolas Sarkozy following a meeting with his Swedish counterpart Fredrik Reinfeldt on Friday (3 July).

France drew red lines for the Swedish EU presidency (Photo: European Commission)

"I am very sensitive to the fact that the chairman of Europe has to take into account all the points of view."

Mr Sarkozy, a vocal opponent of Turkey's full membership of the EU, said he would not hinder further progress in accession negotiations but only if it concerns non-sensitive areas.

"France will not be against the opening of new chapters under the Swedish chairmanship but, of course, these chapters should allow that Turkey should be an associate member of Europe and not a fully-fledged member," the president said.

"I would not like to create any problems for the prime minister and he doesn't want to create problems for me."

Paris in the past blocked negotiations on economic and monetary union with Turkey, seeing it as a step too far.

Meanwhile, Sweden's Mr Reinfeldt, in charge of the EU until the end of the year, outlined Stockholm's position as diplomatically as possible.

"We also talked about the continued enlargement of the EU. I think the Swedish position is well known," he said.

Sweden is one of the strongest proponents of Turkey eventually becoming an EU member

The issue already caused tension between the two countries in June when Mr Sarkozy abruptly called off a planned visit to Stockholm due to pro-Turkey comments by Swedish foreign minister Carl Bildt to leading French daily Le Figaro.

Slow progress

Progress on Turkey's EU membership negotiations has been painfully slow – in part due to foot-dragging by Ankara itself on reforms in human rights and democracy areas. But also due to a reluctance within part of the bloc itself, particularly France and Germany.

Turkey has opened 11 of the 35 policy areas up for negotiation but has only managed to close one – with member states approval needed to both start and end each policy chapter – since it started membership talks with the EU nearly four years ago.

Ankara has repeatedly warned that the EU's lack of enthusiasm will turn ordinary Turks against the project. It has also suggested that the bloc would be shooting an own goal in terms of energy independence if it lost Turkey's support.

It has openly linked its co-operation on the Nabucco project, a cross-Turkey pipeline aimed at reducing Europe's gas reliance on Russia, to EU membership progress.

July 6, 2009 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

54)The 7 Congregations

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq/Isaac children. Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq, born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah loved Ya'akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya'akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

http://euobserver.com/9/28445

EU-backed Nabucco to receive legal certainty

RENATA GOLDIROVA

Today @ 08:21 CET

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS - The Nabucco project, designed to cut the dependence of energy-hungry Europe on Russian gas, will reach an important milestone later today (13 July) as EU governments and Turkey are set to sign a key transit pact.

"The signature will show that we are determined to make the Nabucco pipeline a reality as quickly as possible," European Commission chief Jose Manuel Barroso said ahead of the signing ceremony, which would effectively end six months of intense negotiations on the use of the pipeline.

Nabucco could supply up to 5-10% of the EU's gas demand, the European Commission says (Photo: eastpole)

The 3,300-kilometer pipeline is expected to run between the Caspian Sea region and Austria, crossing Turkey, Bulgaria, Romania and Hungary.

Ankara, for its part, wanted to take 15 percent of the gas flowing through Nabucco at a discounted price for internal consumption or even for re-exportation, but was not granted this.

The Nabucco's entire capacity amounts to 31 billion cubic metres of natural gas per year.

"The [EU-Turkey] agreement is a very significant one," says Karel Hirman, an energy expert from the Slovak innovation and energy agency. "Turkey sought to become a gas dealer, while this agreement will make it a regular transit country profiting from transit fees."

Once the basic legal pact is sealed, companies keen to use the Nabucco pipeline can bid for its capacity by signing contracts with the Nabucco Gas Pipeline International, a consortium consisting of gas companies from the five countries concerned plus Germany's energy giant RWE.

"Things have to be done step by step," the European Commission energy spokesperson Ferran Taradellas Espuny said, explaining that "once the gas is contracted, then you start building the pipeline."

Brussels has put aside €200 million from EU coffers as a "little carrot" for companies to begin construction work as quickly as possible. The incentive is part of the bloc's €5 billion recovery package and so needs to be spent in 2009 and 2010 in order to boost the ailing European economy.

"The Nabucco International Company has to make a proposal of how it intends to spend the money before 15 July," the commission spokesperson said.

Construction is expected to begin in 2011, with the €7.9 billion project possibly up and running by 2015. However, its success hangs by a thin thread, being highly dependent on whether a sufficient number of countries commit themselves to put gas into the Nabucco pipe.

The EU's executive body has put its biggest hopes on Azerbaijan. The country, with proven natural gas reserves of some 850 billion cubic metres, is seen as Nabucco's first source of gas.

In addition, Turkmenistan's president Gurbanguly Berdymukhamedov on Friday (10 July) said that Ashgabat had "a surplus of natural gas available to foreign customers, including the Nabucco pipeline."

Iraq, Egypt and even Iran at a later stage are also seen as potential suppliers, with the commission's Ferran Taradellas Espuny arguing that "the European market, including price conditions, is extremely attractive for gas producers in the region."

But Karel Hirman, a Slovak-based energy expert, pointed to possible competitors such as Russia and China.

"China has intensified efforts to be present in Central Asia," Mr Hirman said, pointing to a pipeline between the Asian tiger and Turkmenistan that should be operational from next year.

The EU-backed Nabucco project gained fresh momentum after Russia at the beginning of the year turned off its gas taps, leaving Ukraine and a number of European customers stranded.

Bulgaria and Slovakia - entirely reliant on Russian supplies - were most affected, with Bratislava claiming the economic damage amounted to some 0.5 percent of the country's gross domestic product.

July 13, 2009 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

54)The 7 Congregations

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq/Isaac children. Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq, born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah loved Ya?akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya'akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132875

Ayalon: Israel Rules Out Turkish-Mediated Talks with Syria

Av 22, 5769, 12 August 09 08:34by Gil Ronen

(Israelnationalnews.com) Israel will not resume Turkish-mediated peace talks with Syria, Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said Wednesday. Any new negotiations with Syria must be direct ones, he said.

"We have enormous respect and great appreciation for the Turkish efforts. But they have not succeeded -- not because of the Turks," Ayalon told the Reuters news agency in an interview. The decision stems from "Syrian intransigence," he said.

Asked if the Israeli government was ruling out a return to the mediated talks, Ayalon replied: "Correct."

"We have just benefited from the experience that shows that proximity talks did not work," he added. "If

Asked if the Israeli government was ruling out a return to the mediated talks, Ayalon replied: "Correct."

they (Syria) are really serious on peace, and not just a peace process which may serve them to extricate them from international isolation, if they are really serious, they will come and sit with us."

Syria and Turkey have suggested a return to the mediated talks, which were started when Ehud Olmert was Prime Minister.

Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu has offered Syria direct talks without preconditions. This is seen as a reference to Syria's demand that Israel commit in advance to ceding the Golan Heights. Netanyahu, like Olmert, insists that Syria distance itself from Iran, Hizbullah and Hamas.

Before Netanyahu was elected, there was widespread concern among nationalist Israelis that he would continue talks started by Olmert and eventually cede the Golan Heights to Syria, despite Netanyahu’s promises to the contrary. Minister Dan Meridor called for accelerated talks with Syria as he rejoined the Likud Knesset list, fueling pre-election speculation that such a move was in the works. For the time being, however, it would appear that concern regarding a possible Golan pullout was unjustified.

August 13, 2009 at 6:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

54)The 7 Congregations

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8230809.stm

Turkey and Armenia set for ties

Page last updated at 21:12 GMT, Monday, 31 August 2009 22:12 UK

Turkey's Mount Ararat is revered by Armenians across the border

Turkey and its neighbour Armenia have moved closer to establishing diplomatic ties after decades of bitter mistrust on both sides.

They are to hold six weeks of domestic consultations on the move after which their parliaments will vote on it, their foreign ministries announced.

Negotiations on the mending of ties have been brokered by Switzerland.

The two countries' dispute centres on the fate of Armenians under Turkish Ottoman rule nearly a century ago.

Turkey has resisted widespread calls for it to recognise the mass killing of Armenians during World War I as an act of genocide.

Anticipation of a diplomatic breakthrough has been growing ahead of a planned visit by Armenian President Serge Sarkisian to Turkey on 14 October.

He is due to attend the return leg of a World Cup qualifying football match between the two countries.

'Border to open'

A roadmap for the normalisation of the relationship between the two countries was agreed in April.

Hundreds of thousands of Ottoman Armenians died in 1915

The foreign ministries said the two countries had agreed to start internal discussions on two protocols: one establishing diplomatic relations and the other developing bilateral ties.

"The political consultations will be completed within six weeks, following which the two protocols will be signed and submitted to the respective parliaments for ratification," their joint statement said.

According to Reuters news agency, the Turkish-Armenian border - closed by Turkey in 1993 - will re-open within two months of the protocols coming into force.

Modern Armenia, which took shape as a Soviet republic in 1920, has only had diplomatic relations with Turkey as part of the USSR.

Since declaring independence in 1991, it has pressed for recognition of what it says was genocide.

Relations have also been complicated by Turkish support for Azerbaijan in its armed conflict with Armenia over the disputed territory of Nagorno-Karabakh.

August 31, 2009 at 5:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

If you have not read the article on the seven Ekklesia specifically concerning Pergamos I suggest you do so. More historical understanding is given in this

article:

54)The 7 Congregations

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq/Isaac children. Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10). Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq, born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah loved Ya`akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya`akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8241543.stm

EU 'breaking promise' to Turkey

Page last updated at 10:19 GMT, Monday, 7 September 2009 11:19 UK

The commission says there is resentment in Turkey at the slow pace

The European Union is in danger of breaking its promise that Turkey will eventually be granted membership, an influential group has warned.

The Independent Commission on Turkey accuses some European leaders of trying to derail Turkey's membership bid.

Behind the carefully balanced language of diplomacy is a hard hitting report, a BBC correspondent says.

It points the finger most firmly at France, whose President Nicolas Sarkozy is strongly opposed to Turkish entry.

"France has publicly declared that it will not allow five key areas of the negotiations to go forward, specifically because the current French leadership opposes Turkish accession," the report says.

Cyprus impasse

The Independent Commission on Turkey is made up of senior European politicians and academics, and is led by the former Finnish President and Nobel Laureate Martti Ahtisaari.

Its report says negative statements from some leaders, and efforts to substitute full membership for some other kind of privileged partnership or special relationship, are putting the EU's credibility at stake.

"In 1999... we said that Turkey is a candidate state destined to join the union on the basis of the same criteria as apply to other candidate states. So it's the credibility of the EU [at stake]," Mr Ahtisaari said.

France, Germany and Austria are among the countries that object to Turkey having full membership of the EU, proposing instead a privileged partnership.

The report says a vicious circle has developed.

"Fierce opposition from some European politicians combined with growing public resistance to further EU enlargement in turn has deepened resentment in Turkey and slowed the necessary reforms," the report says.

It acknowledges that some serious obstacles remain to Turkish membership - not least, the impasse over the divided island of Cyprus.

Solving that frozen conflict would boost Turkey's membership bid - but the commission warns that talks are running short of time.

September 7, 2009 at 9:48 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

If you have not read the article on the seven Ekklesia specifically concerning Pergamos I suggest you do so. More historical understanding is given in this

article:

54:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/54the7congregations.htm

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq/Isaac children. Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10).

Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq, born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah loved Ya`akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya`akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

EU and Turkey in 'vicious circle,' experts say

http://euobserver.com/15/28622

VALENTINA POP

07.09.2009 @ 09:33 CET

EUOBSERVER / BRUSSELS – European leaders must treat Turkey as any other EU candidate and stop suggesting alternatives to full membership, while Ankara for its part needs to re-engage in a democratic reform process, a panel of European experts has recommended.

The EU's relationship with Turkey has turned into a 'vicious circle', with growing distrust on both sides, the Independent Commission on Turkey, a panel of experts chaired by Nobel Peace Prize winner Martti Ahtisaari warns in a report issued Monday (7 September).

The Bosphorus: Turkey's geography is one of the arguments raised by some against EU membership. (Photo: wikipedia)

"Continued negative comments by European political leaders, combined with growing public hesitation about further EU enlargement, have deepened resentment in Turkey and slowed the necessary reforms," the document reads.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy has publicly questioned Turkey's right to become an EU member, pointing to its geography, which stretches from southeastern Europe to Asia Minor. The question of 70 million Muslims set to become EU citizens is also frequently invoked by opponents to Turkish membership in countries such as Austria, Germany or the Netherlands.

"European governments must honour their commitments and treat Turkey with fairness and the respect it deserves. On its side, Turkey has to re-engage in a dynamic, broad-based reform process, thus confirming that it is willing and serious in its ambition to join the EU," the report recommends.

The experts warn against the use of alternative scenarios such as the 'privileged partnership' invoked in German circles and urge the EU to stick to the declared "common goal" of accession negotiations - EU membership.

"To breathe new life into the negotiations, the EU must simply follow through on previous commitments to keep the path to membership open. No new promises are needed," Mr Ahtisaari said.

On the other hand, Ankara also needs to keep its promises on the reform side.

"Two years without elections now lie ahead, and all sides must act now to prevent the country's convergence with the EU from stalling. Comprehensive, consistent and sustained progress towards more democracy at home is the best way to persuade more Europeans of Turkey's EU compatibility," the report reads.

One major opportunity for progress in the EU-Turkey negotiations will emerge later this month, as a new round of peace talks on the divided island of Cyprus resume. Ankara is the only capital to recognise the north of Cyprus as an independent country, while the Greek south is an EU member.

"Turkey's progress towards joining the European Union would get a major boost from resolving the division of Cyprus," said Mr Ahtisaari. "The seductive idea that the status quo can go on forever is a delusion. The cost of inaction this time around is too high."

Speaking in Stockholm after the meeting with EU foreign ministers on Saturday, Turkish top diplomat Ahmet Davutoglu looked confident of his country's future membership.

"We have full confidence that our French, British and other colleagues will keep their commitment," he said. "There is no need for convincing. It is already certain that Turkey and the European Union will integrate in the future."

September 15, 2009 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

article:

54:

It is becoming clearer and clearer in my mind in what direction to be looking for the "son/ben of perdition". I really did not realize until a few years ago the significant part the religion of Islam will play in end time events. One reason why is because the scriptures do not mention the religion of Islam directly. What the Word of YaHVeH does direct us to, is the relationship between Abraham and Yitschaq/Isaac children. Yishmael was born to Abraham by the servant woman Hagar (Gen. 16:16). Abraham as well as Yishmael thought that he was to receive the inheritance of the first born ben (Gen.17:18; 21:9-10).

Than the child of promise, which was Yitschaq, born from the woman Abraham loved, Sarah (Gen. 17:9). To Yitschaq was born twins by the woman he loved, Ribqah/Ribkah/Rebekah (Gen. 25:26-27). Esau/Edom, Yitschaq favored but Rebekah loved Ya`akob and so did YaHVeH (Gen. 25:28; Mal. 1:2-3). Unfortunately it is the religion of Islam that the majority of the descendents of Yishmael and Esau, the two out-cast beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq. Just as Satan has been cast out of shameh (Rev. 12), it is no doubt why he uses the descendents of these beniym of Abraham and Yitschaq to try and destroy the descendents of Ya`akob/Yisrael. Read this article for more understanding: 85) 3rd seal and trumpet, Revelation 6:5-6 Part 1 I believe without a doubt that the "son of perdition" will be what Muslims call the "hidden Imam" or the 12th Imam, and he will becoming from Turkey. Go to this website and read this article, it is very enlightening: http://www.iranian.ws/cgi-bin/iran_news/exec/view.cgi/9/15612

Iraq and Syria at talks in Turkey

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8261805.stm

Page last updated at 16:59 GMT, Thursday, 17 September 2009 17:59 UK

Syria's Foreign Minister(R) attended a signing ceremony with his Turkish counterpart (2ndL) in Istanbul

The foreign ministers of Iraq and Syria have met for talks in Turkey to defuse tensions following a diplomatic row.

The neighbours recalled their envoys last month after a series of bomb attacks in Baghdad that killed nearly 100 people.

Iraq alleged that Syria was harbouring the attacks' masterminds.

Turkey has been acting as broker between the two, who only revived diplomatic links in 2006 after more than 20 years of mutual hostility.

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said there was "determination to co-operate in uncovering all facts behind these barbarian attacks against the Iraqi government and people".

Near-simultaneous bomb attacks struck the finance, foreign and defence ministries in the heart of Baghdad on 19 August 2009.

Baghdad summoned its envoy home after airing a taped confession that linked two Syria-based Iraqi Baathists to the bombing campaign. Damascus followed suit.

Syria is ruled by a rival branch of the Baath party, which was overthrown in Iraq by the US-led invasion and subsequently banned.

Hundreds of former Baathists are thought to have taken refuge in Syria since the 2003 collapse of Saddam Hussein's government.

Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Maliki has alleged that 90% of foreign "terrorists" who infiltrate Iraq do so via Syria and has asked the United Nations to investigate the bombings.

Iraq says it has evidence that groups based in Syria orchestrated the bombings in Baghdad, a claim Damascus has dismissed

September 22, 2009 at 10:40 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

article:

54:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133788

Turkey Forced to Cancel Drill After US, Italy Pull Out

Tishrei 23, 5770, 11 October 09 03:09by Hana Levi Julian

(Israelnationalnews.com) A multinational military drill has reportedly been cancelled due to Turkey's unwillingness to allow the Israel Air Force to participate in the exercise.

The cancellation came after the United States and other nations allegedly withdrew from the joint drill following Turkey's ban on Israel's participation.

The air force exercise, which has been held five times since June 2001, was to be hosted by Ankara and originally involved Turkey, Italy, the U.S., NATO forces and the IAF.

But Turkish military officials informed the IDF last week that the IAF was not welcome to fly in this week's "Anatolian Eagle" exercise due to the use of its planes during Israel's counterterrorism Operation Cast Lead in Gaza last winter.

The operation was launched by Israel on December 27, 2008 to end the thousands of rocket attacks fired at civilians living in towns and cities in Israel's southern region. It lasted until Janary 20, 2009.

Anatolian Eagle was slated to begin Monday, October 12, and continue through October 23.

According to a Jerusalem source, the United States and other members of NATO (North American Treaty Organization) expressed to Turkish officials their displeasure at the ban on Israel.

Turkey was forced to postpone the exercise indefinitely after the U.S. and Italy refused to take part without the IAF.

Deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon told Voice of Israel government radio on Sunday, however, that "Turkey has been, and remains an important strategic anchor in the Middle East, and certainly its relations with Israel are something that serve the entire region."

The Anatolian Eagle exercise, intended to improve international aerial cooperation, was hosted at the Konya air base, 250 kilometers south of Ankara. The aircraft trained over the plains of Anatolia (hence the name), near Turkey's borders with Syria, Iran and Iraq.

Israel and Turkey, which until last year enjoyed strong diplomatic, military and trade relations, have flown together over each other's territory in various joint military drills since the signing of a bilateral defense alliance between the two nations in 1996.

Formerly warm ties between Israel and Turkey have cooled considerably since Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan's harsh criticism of Israel's role in Operation Cast Lead.

Tensions between Turkey and Israel intensified in the wake of a harsh debate over the matter between Erdogan and President Shimon Peres at the World Economic Forum, held in Davos, Switzerland last January.

October 11, 2009 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

article:

54:

PKK 'surrender' tests Turkey plan

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8315088.stm

Page last updated at 16:15 GMT, Monday, 19 October 2009 17:15 UK

Kurdish Turks gathered in Istanbul calling for peace on Monday

Eight Kurdish rebels have crossed into Turkey from Iraq to give themselves up in a sign of support for peace efforts.

The PKK militants left their refuge in the Qandil mountains and were joined by 26 other Kurds, including refugees from a camp in Iraq, before entering Turkey.

They were met near Silopi by a Turkish judge and five prosecutors to determine whether they had committed any crimes.

Turkey has been working on a peace plan to end a 25-year conflict with rebels who want autonomy in south-east Turkey.

The PKK - or Kurdistan Worker's Party - this year marked the 25th anniversary of its fight for autonomy, which has resulted in more than 40,000 deaths.

The government of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan is currently seeking opposition support for a negotiated settlement to end the insurgency.

Ahmet Turk, chairman of the Democratic Society Party (DTP), Turkey's only legal Kurdish party, said Monday's move by the rebels "shows that the PKK is insisting on peace not war", Reuters reported.

Symbolic step

As Kurdish Turks gathered in Istanbul, thousands of supporters waving PKK flags were waiting in Silopi to greet the 34 Kurds as they crossed the border. Some had come from a refugee camp in Makhmour, south of Mosul in Iraq.

The rebels' "surrender" was a calculated symbolic step by the Kurdish separatists to test the new conciliatory approach promised by the government, says the BBC's Jonathan Head in Istanbul.

How they are treated after giving themselves up will be watched closely in Turkey as an indication of the government's willingness and its ability to deliver on its promise of leniency for those willing to give up the armed struggle, our correspondent adds.

The group were acting under the apparent orders of Abdullah Ocalan, the PKK leader, who has been in jail since 1999.

Rebel hideouts

The Turkish government has not said what measures it is prepared to include in a peace package. Suggested proposals are said to include constitutional reform, greater concessions to Kurdish culture and possible amnesties.

Turkish forces have been fighting Kurdish rebels in a 25-year conflict

But the issue is delicate, says our correspondent, as any concessions to the PKK are sure to be condemned by nationalist politicians, being perceived as giving in to terrorists.

Turkish warplanes have launched numerous recent attacks on rebel hideouts in the autonomous Iraqi Kurdistan region, from where Ankara says some 2,000 PKK guerrillas regularly stage hit-and-run attacks on Turkish territory.

Ankara this year urged Iraq's Kurdish regional government to expel the PKK from its territory, saying Iraqi authorities must promote efforts to curb the rebels.

Last November, Iraq, Turkey and the US formed a joint committee to assess and address the threat posed by the PKK fighters.

October 19, 2009 at 5:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.