Make the Way Straight

makethewaystraight.com

Message Boards

Forum Home > General Discussion > The 3rd Temple/Heykal

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner
The 3rd Temple made with mans hand will be BUILT & DESTROYED AGAIN (Mat.24:1-2)!

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:7:4: Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of YaHVeH, The temple of YaHVeH, The temple of YaHVeH, are these.

Yirmi'Yah/Jer:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee?  for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

Yirmi'Yah/Jer:22:29: O earth, earth, earth, hear the Word of YaHVeH.

Yechizki'Yah/Ezekiel:21:27: I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until He come whose right it is; and I will give it Him.

Yasha'Yah/Isaiah:6:3: And one cried unto another, and said, Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, is YaHVeH of hosts: the whole earth is full of HIS kabod/splendor.

Daniy'Yah/Daniel:9:25: Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Yerusalem/Yahushalayim unto the messiah the prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Hoshea:8:14: For Yisrael hath forgotten his MAKER, and buildeth temples; and Yahudah hath multiplied fenced cities: but I will send a fire upon his cities, and it shall devour the palaces thereof.

Matit'Yah ha Leviy/Matthew:24:1: And Yahshua went out, and departed from the temple: and His disciples/followers came to Him for to shew Him the buildings of the temple.
M't:24:2: And Yahshua said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

M't:23:37: O Yerusalem/Yahushalayim, Yahushalayim, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Revelation:6:1: And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

Re:6:2: And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Re:8:7: The first malak/angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Re:11:1: And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the malak stood, saying, Rise, and measure the Temple of YaHVeH, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
Re:11:2: But the court which is without the Temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the kodesh city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Re:14:6: And I saw another malak fly in the midst of shameh, having the everlasting glad tidings to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

M't:23:8: But be not ye called rabbi: for one is your Rabbi, even Mashiyach; and all ye are brethren.

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Related articles you need to read:

34)SettingUpSacrifice...

40)The 3rd Temple  

41)Our High Kohen/Priest

72) How Ezekiel 16....

It is important that you read article number 83:

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

New articles concerning events leading up to the building of the 3rd temple:

The 3rd Temple

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/130784

PHOTO ESSAY: Western Wall Gets a Repair Job

Nisan 12, 5769, 06 April 09 04:51
by Avraham Zuroff

(IsraelNN.com) Israeli archeologists are inspecting each exposed stone of the Western Wall as part of conservation efforts to preserve the nearly 2,000-year-old retaining wall of the Temple Mount, by the holiest site of the Jewish People. On Sunday, workers suspended on a hydraulic platform cleaned stones along the top of the 62 feet (19 meters) high wall. Israel Antiquities Authority (IAA) archeologist Jon Seligman said that the repairs are intended to ensure that none of the heavy stones would crash upon worshippers praying below.

The Jerusalem Western Wall Heritage Foundation has submitted a plan to preserve the site by treating the wall’s stones and improving their stability, one of the most complex projects of its kind ever undertaken in Israel. The plan was generated after a survey one year ago of the wall’s state revealed deterioration.

At that time, the IAA responded by conducting an urgent physical and engineering study of the wall’s condition. The conservation plan is the product of the two surveys and will be overseen by the IAA Conservation Department.

The Western Wall and the monuments around it are among the most important cultural heritage sites in the world. Every year, millions of people come to Jerusalem to see them. In order to ensure a safe and comfortable experience, the site needs constant upkeep and additional services are provided for the benefit of the visitors.

The work focuses on the conservation treatment of the stones in the Western Wall and their stability, in accordance with their degree of preservation and the level of risk they present to the visiting public.

The task of preserving Judaism’s holy site requires knowledge and professionalism in a wide range of fields. The project is being directed by the Israel Antiquities Authority Conservation Department, which is staffed with architects, engineers, and conservators that specialize in different areas. “In touching the stones of the Western Wall, the conservators of the Israel Antiquities Authority are touching what has been the very heart of Jewish heritage for generations,” the IAA said in a statement.

Muslims have recently been staking a claim not only to the Temple Mount, but to the Western Wall, as well. They call it Al-Burak and say the religion's founder, Mohammad, tied his horse there during a midnight journey that took him to "the farthest mosque" - which they say is a reference to the Jerusalem mosque later given that name.

April 7, 2009 at 4:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

The 3rd Temple made with mans hand will be BUILT & DESTROYED AGAIN (Mat.24:1-2)!

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:7:4: Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of YaHVeH, The temple of YaHVeH, The temple of YaHVeH, are these.

Yirmi'Yah/Jer:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

Yechizki'Yah/Ezekiel:21:27: I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, until He come whose right it is; and I will give it Him.

Yasha'Yah/Isaiah:6:3: And one cried unto another, and said, Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, is YaHVeH of hosts: the whole earth is full of HIS kabod/splendor.

Daniy'Yah/Daniel:9:25: Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Yerusalem/Yahushalayim unto the messiah the prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Hoshea:8:14: For Yisrael hath forgotten his MAKER, and buildeth temples; and Yahudah hath multiplied fenced cities: but I will send a fire upon his cities, and it shall devour the palaces thereof.

Matit'Yah ha Leviy/Matthew:24:1: And Yahshua went out, and departed from the temple: and His followers came to Him for to shew Him the buildings of the temple.

M't:24:2: And Yahshua said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

M't:23:37: O Yerusalem/Yahushalayim, Yahushalayim, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Revelation:6:1: And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as it were the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

Re:6:2: And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Re:8:7: The first malak/angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Re:11:1: And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the malak stood, saying, Rise, and measure the Temple of YaHVeH, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

Re:11:2: But the court which is without the Temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the kodesh city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Re:14:6: And I saw another malak fly in the midst of shameh, having the everlasting glad tidings to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

M't:23:8: But be not ye called rabbi: for one is your Rabbi, even Mashiyach; and all ye are brethren.

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

34)SettingUpSacrifice...

40)The 3rd Temple

41)Our High Kohen/Priest

72) How Ezekiel 16....

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

The 3rd Temple

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131666

Ancient Stone Returns to Jerusalem

Sivan 10, 5769, 02 June 09 11:53 by Hana Levi Julian

(IsraelNN.com) An ancient stone has been returned to Jerusalem 12 years after it was stolen by a tour guide from an archaeological excavation in the Old City of Jerusalem, and then taken to America by a tourist who received it as a "gift."

The stone, weighing 21 kilograms (46.3 lb) was taken from an Israel Antiquities Authority excavation conducted in 1997 south of the Temple Mount.

Several weeks ago, the Israel Antiquities Authority received an unexpected email from a priest in New York State: "I am requesting forgiveness for a member of my congregation. The fellow confessed to me that twelve years ago he took a stone from Jerusalem and his conscience has bothered him ever since. I wish to return the stone to Israel and hope that you will forgive the man for his transgression."

According to Yuval Baruch, the IAA Jerusalem District archaeologist, the stone is a fragment of a marble column that was discovered during the excavation of one of the Umayyad buildings located south of the Temple Mount, similar to others that were found and that are on display in the archaeological garden in the Davidson Center. "These are four very large structures that extended over an area of approximately 200 dunams, which were probably the official palace complex of the Umayyad caliphs around 1,200 years ago," said Baruch, who directed the excavation from which the fragment was taken.

When the stone arrived in Jerusalem in a special wooden crate, IAA staff members also found a note inside from the erstwhile owner.

"I came to Israel on an organized trip," he wrote. "As a student of archaeology, I was very excited when we visited an excavation south of the Temple Mount. I asked how I can purchase a stone from the excavation because I wanted a souvenir with which to pray for Jerusalem and was told it was not possible. On the last day of the trip our Israeli tour guide approached me and took the stone fragment from inside his coat. 'Take it,' he said. 'It's a present from me.' I asked him how he obtained the stone and he replied, 'It's okay' don't worry.' I was very happy and took the stone with me on my flight back to New York. Only later did I realize that he probably took the stone from the excavation without permission. For the past twelve years since then, rather than remind me of the prayer for Jerusalem, I am reminded of the mistake I made when I removed the stone from its proper place in Israel. I am asking for your forgiveness."

It was decided not to institute any legal action against the person who took the stone to America, said Shay Bar Tura, deputy director of the IAA Unit for the Prevention of Antiquities Robbery.

“Because of the unique case of sincerity and the fact that the item was ultimately returned, we decided not to take any legal steps against the people who were involved in the incident," he said in a statement.

"In the coming days the stone will be turned over to the State’s Treasures after which it will be returned to the archaeological garden from whence it was taken."

Any activity conducted at an antiquity site requires permission from the IAA, and taking archaeological artifacts from antiquities sites is considered a severe criminal offense, punishable by law and jail time.

June 3, 2009 at 6:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jer:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

Yasha'Yah/Isaiah:6:3: And one cried unto another, and said, Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, is YaHVeH of hosts: the whole earth is full of HIS kabod/splendor.

Matit'Yah ha Leviy/Matthew:24:1: And Yahshua went out, and departed from the temple: and His disciples/followers came to Him for to shew Him the buildings of the temple.

M't:24:2: And Yahshua said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Re:8:7: The first malak/angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Re:11:1: And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the malak stood, saying, Rise, and measure the Temple of YaHVeH, and the altar, and them that worship therein.

Re:11:2: But the court which is without the Temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the kodesh city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

Re:14:6: And I saw another malak fly in the midst of shameh, having the everlasting glad tidings to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

34)SettingUpSacrifice...

40)The 3rd Temple

41)Our High Kohen/Priest

72) How Ezekiel 16....

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

The 3rd Temple

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131768

Jew Stopped for a Handful of Temple Mount Earth

Sivan 16, 5769, 08 June 09 06:17

by Hillel Fendel(IsraelNN.com) The police stopped a Jew from taking a handful of Temple Mount earth for his friend’s wedding – though they allowed the Waqf to dump the equivalent of truckloads.

The Jew in question is a student at the Elon Moreh hesder yeshiva in the Shomron. He had been asked by his Rosh Yeshiva (dean) to bring back a handful of earth for an upcoming wedding of another student, so that the rabbi could fulfill the usual custom of remembering Jerusalem during the wedding.

The friend, David B., visited the Temple Mount after taking the normal Halakhic [Jewish legal] precautions of immersing in a ritual bath and more. At one point, he bent down to pick up some dirt – and within seconds, a Waqf official was at his side, demanding that he unhand the earth immediately.

David refused.

An Israeli policeman then arrived on the scene and said that he must adhere to the Waqf official’s orders.

“I refused again,” David recounted later. “I told them that I know of no law that prevents me from taking dirt from the site. I know that I am not allowed to pray here or to bow down, but I never heard that I can’t take dirt. The policeman told me, ‘The law here is the Waqf. Do what they tell you and don’t cause provocations.’”

David said he had no choice and in fact let go of the dirt. He then went with the policeman to the nearby police station, “because I was told that there might be a commander there with whom I could talk. But no one was there, and they sent me home.”

David wrote a letter to the Police Commissioner, and received a reply stating that earth may not be taken from the Temple Mount because it is an archaeological site.

This reply drew even greater bafflement and shock for David and those to whom he told the story, such as Jerusalem’s Deputy Mayor David Harari. This, in light of the truckloads of soil – and precious archaeological remains of Jewish presence in the area – that the police allowed the Waqf to remove from the Temple Mount and dump in the Kidron Valley in 1999.

“This latest incident,” Harari told Israel National News, referring to the handful of dirt the police refused to allow David to take, “is a grave example of loss of Israeli sovereignty. Yes, the law requires the preservation of the antiquities, but if the police chose to close its eyes when the Waqf dumped out truckloads of dirt, then it most certainly could have found the way to allow a groom who wishes to remember the Holy Temple to have ten grams of dirt for the purpose.”

Harari also turned to Police Commissioner Dudi Cohen, criticizing the failure of the police to prevent the Waqf from discarding 6,000 tons of Temple Mount earth.

Harari told members of the Jerusalem and Temple Mount Loyalists Forum in his office that he has noticed a “tendency towards purposeful powerlessness in maintaining Israeli sovereignty and Jewish national pride on the Temple Mount.”

June 9, 2009 at 6:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34)SettingUpSacrifice...

40)The 3rd Temple

41)Our High Kohen/Priest

72) How Ezekiel 16....

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

The 3rd Temple

http://www.templemount.org/recent.html

Recent Developments in the News

regarding the Temple Mount

Gathered from Various Sources.

Last updated July 6, 2009.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerusalem Post: Articles and topics: Quarry for Herod's Second Temple discovered. July 6, 2009

A quarry from the late Second Temple Period that produced stone to build the Temple Mount's supporting walls has been uncovered in central Jerusalem, the Antiquities Authority said Monday.

The latest discovery brought to three the number of quarries found in the city over the past two years which archeologists believe were used in the construction of the Temple walls.

The 2,030-year-old quarry, which spans more than one dunam (0.1 hectare), was discovered during a salvage excavation on the city's Rehov Shmuel Hanevi ahead of planned construction of residential buildings at the site, the Authority said.

The immense size of the stones found at the site, reaching a height of 2 meters, indicate that they were used in the construction of King Herod's magnificent projects in Jerusalem, including the Temple Mount walls, said Dr. Ofer Sion, the director of the dig at the site.

"We know from historical sources that in order to build the Temple and other projects which Herod constructed, such as his palace, hundreds of thousands of various size stones were required - most of them weighing between two and five tons each," he said. "The dimensions of the stones that were produced in the quarry that was revealed are suitable for the Temple walls."

Sion added that the quarry that was exposed was actually a small part of a large series of quarries that was spread across the entire slope, from Musrara to the Sanhedria neighborhood.

He said the recent exposure of the quarries in Sanhedria and in the Ramat Shlomo neighborhood, farther north, indicate that Herod began quarrying closest to the Temple Mount, and then worked away from it.

In those days the world of hi-tech focused on quarrying, removing and transporting stones," Sion said.

Historical sources record that Herod trained more than 10,000 people to be involved in this work: They prepared transportation routes and then moved the huge stones in a variety of ways - on rolling wooden fixtures that were drawn by camels, in pieces on carriages, etc.

Among the artifacts discovered in the excavation were metal plates that were used to severe the stones from the bedrock, as well as coins and pottery shards that date to the end of the Second Temple period.

Dozens of quarries have been found in Jerusalem, but these are the first three that archeologists think were used in the construction of the Temple Mount.

A few dozens quarries were likely used in the building of the Temple Mount, said Prof. Amos Kloner, a former Jerusalem district archaeologist at the Antiquities Authority.

July 7, 2009 at 6:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34)SettingUpSacrifice...

40)The 3rd Temple

41)Our High Kohen/Priest

72) How Ezekiel 16....

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

The 3rd Temple

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132312

Jews Fast, Mourn on 17th Day of Tammuz

by Hillel Fendel

(IsraelNN.com)

The "Three Weeks" of gradually-increasing mourning over the destruction of the Holy Temples and Israel's exile begins Thursday with the fast of the 17th of the Hebrew month of Tammuz. This is the day on which Nebuchadnezzar and his Babylonian forces breached the walls of Jerusalem, after many months of siege, on their way to destroying the Holy Temple.

The Three Weeks end on the 9th of Av - Tisha B'Av - the date on which both the First and Second Temples were destroyed, roughly 2,500 and 2,000 years ago, respectively.

The 17th of Tammuz marks other calamities in Jewish history as well. It is the date on which Moses, having descended from Mount Sinai and seeing the people sinning with the Golden Calf, broke the first set of Ten Commandments. In addition, the priests of the First Temple era were forced on this day - a year before the Temple's destruction - to stop offering the daily sacrifice due to the shortage of sheep.

The Talmud also teaches that on this date some decades earlier, the evil King Menasheh had an idol placed in the Temple's Holy Sanctuary. Later, during Second Temple times, a Roman general placed an idol in the same place and publicly burned the Torah.

The fast ends at 8:10 PM, but other mourning customs, such as no weddings or haircuts, continue until the morning after Tisha B'Av.

Like other fast days, the morning prayers include special selichot prayers, mourning our losses and asking for forgiveness. Excerpts from the selichot of the 17th of Tammuz:

"We rebelled against Him Who dwells in heaven, therefore we were scattered in all directions... We acted rebelliously before Thee with slandering tongues, therefore our tongues were made to learn to utter lamentation... The tempest-tossed afflicted people were utterly broken up and dispersed; the dry land became a boat wrecked for lack of a captain; she received [punishment] for her sins with principal and double interest, with mourning and moaning... Their adversaries assailed them on that day and... drove the nation like a chased gazelle, and there was none that sought to protect it... Turn to us, O Thou that dwellest on high, gather our dispersed from the four corners of the earth. Say to Zion, Arise! And we shall arise. Convert the 17th of Tammuz into a day of salvation and comfort." (translation by Rev. Abraham Isaac Jacob Rosenfeld)

July 10, 2009 at 6:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34)SettingUpSacrifice...

40)The 3rd Temple

41)Our High Kohen/Priest

72) How Ezekiel 16....

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

The 3rd Temple

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132420

Religious Zionists to Pick Candidate for J'lem Chief Rabbi

Tammuz 23, 5769, 15 July 09 08:30

by Gil Ronen(Israelnationalnews.com) The religious-Zionist camp’s candidate for the important position of Jerusalem’s Chief Ashkenazic Rabbi will be chosen from a field of seven right after Rosh Chodesh Av, in the course of the “Nine Days” that end on Tisha B’Av.

The candidate will be selected by a special committee that has been in charge of the matter for some time, under the leadership and guidance of Rabbis Chaim Druckman, Yaakov Ariel and Aharon Lichtenstein.

The committee was formed after Deputy Jerusalem Mayor David Hadari, the religious-Zionist representative in the municipality, warned that if there is more than one Zionist candidate running for Chief Ashkenazic Jerusalem Rabbi, the near-certain result will be that none of them will be selected.

Mayor Nir Barkat supported Hadari and promised that he would assist in selecting a Zionist Chief Rabbi for the city in accordance with the decision by the committee of rabbis.

The committee of Zionist rabbis put together a long list of candidates and then narrowed them down to seven. These have all committed themselves not to run for the position independently if the committee does not select them.

The candidates are:

Rabbi Eitan Eisenman, Rabbi of Kehillat Yisrael HaTzair at Kiryat Moshe and Head of Educational Networks Tzviya and Noam.

Rabbi Yosef Carmel, Head of the Eretz Chemda Institute.

Rabbi David Levanon, Rabbi of Kehillat Noam at Givat Shaul and Av Beit Din (Head of a Rabbinical Court) in Jerusalem.

Rabbi Yeshaya Steinberger, Rabbi of Ramat Sharet neighborhood and Rabbi/Educator at Yeshivat HaKotel.

Rabbi Nachum Nerya, formerly Rabbi/Educator at Yeshivat HaKotel.

Rabbi Isser Klonsky, Rabbi of Givat Mordechai Neighborhood.

Rabbi Aryeh Stern, Head of Halacha Berura Institute.

Next week, the committee of religious-Zionist rabbis will convene 60 rabbis from all streams of the religious-Zionist world to meet with the candidates. These rabbis will serve as electors and participate in a secret ballot vote that will decide the candidate.

The names of the 60 electors will remain secret for as long as possible, in order to prevent undue pressure on them.

Hadari said that all seven candidates are worthy ones. He opined that the appointment of a Zionist rabbi is an important one for both Jerusalem’s religious Zionist and secular Zionist residents because the position directly affects their lives in matters such as marriage registration, mikvehs and more. The hareidi population does not trust the Rabbinate anyways, he said, and has its own independent rabbinical authorities.

Mayor Barkat said that “a Chief Rabbi from the Zionist stream is a must in a city in which 70 percent of the Jewish population is not hareidi and has unique needs of its own.”

Deal with Shas?

The two posts of Chief Rabbi of Jerusalem – one Ashkenazic and one Sephardic – have been empty since 2003, after the two last rabbis, rabbi Shalom Mashash and Rabbi Yitzchak Kulitz, passed away.

There are reports that Barkat has sealed a deal with Shas according to which he will support their candidate for Chief Sephardic Rabbi, Rabbi Yitzchak Yosef – the son of Rabbi Ovadia Yosef – and Shas will support a religious-Zionist for the Ashkenazic post.

July 15, 2009 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34)SettingUpSacrifice...

40)The 3rd Temple

41)Our High Kohen/Priest

72) How Ezekiel 16....

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

The 3rd Temple

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132484

Mini-Scale Model of Temple Amazes Experts

Tammuz 28, 5769, 20 July 09 01:47

by Hillel Fendel(Israelnationalnews.com) In a small town in eastern England lies a 1,800-square foot project that is still a well-guarded secret from most of the world: possibly the most accurate model of the Holy Temple in Jerusalem in existence.

Its builder is a retired property-developer named Alec Garrard, who has been working on it for nearly 30 years – and expects to continue to do so until his dying day. “It’s not me who says it’s the most accurate model of the Temple in the world,” he told Israel National Radio’s Walter Bingham. “It’s the experts who come and say so!”

Bingham, just slightly older than the 79-year-old model builder, says it took him “three weeks of intensive research to locate” the model and finally found it in a one-street village named Needham.

Garrard told him that he began building his Holy Temple for his own pleasure, and “didn’t realize the great interest it would attract.” He says he always built models as a child, but gave up the pastime in his teenage years when he became “seriously interested in religion” and active in his church. However, at age 50, after a series of clashes with various church leaders, he decided to return to model-building. He can't exactly explain why, but his first, and only, subject became the Holy Temple built in Jerusalem some 2,500 years ago, and later added on to by King Herod.

The model Temple in the English countryside town is built, at a 1:100 scale, of thousands of tiny clay bricks and tiles, all of which Garrard fashioned, baked, and painted manually. In addition, he has made some 4,000 ¾-inch human figures – “each one with its own costume and playing its own part in one scene or another.” These scenes include the offering of sacrifices, taking part in the Temple service, and more.

What were his sources for the down-to-the-inch accuracy? Garrard told Bingham he consulted Josephus, the Mishna, and more. “But it was very difficult,” he said, “and lots of things I couldn’t find, so I just had to make it as I thought it was.”

“One of the things I discovered,” he said, “is that most people say that what Josephus said is correct, and others say that the Mishna is correct – but I say that both are correct, because they are talking about different areas. The Mishna is talking mainly about the Second Temple… Orthodox Jews say that nothing can be added to what G-d commanded, and so they don’t recognize the Herodian extensions." In order to make sure everything corresponds, "everything has to be rectified, and the gates have to be placed in different places, etc.”

Garrard says he has never been to Israel to “see the real thing,” nor does he have a desire to do so.

Asked whether he plans to sell the model, or put it on display for educational purposes, Garrard said, “I’ve been guided throughout my life by the hand of G-d… so I don’t know what will happen to the model, but I’m sure that whatever happens to it, it will be guided by the hand of G-d.”

July 20, 2009 at 5:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34)SettingUpSacrifice...

40)The 3rd Temple

41)Our High Kohen/Priest

72) How Ezekiel 16....

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

The 3rd Temple

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132664

Temple Altar Construction Begins on Day of Destruction

Av 9, 5769, 30 July 09 11:47by Yehudah Lev Kay(Israelnationalnews.com) The Temple Institute began work on the sacrificial altar Thursday, Tisha B’av, the day the Second Temple was destroyed almost 2,000 years ago.

[weJew:5519]

The Temple Institute has already built several of the Temple vessels such as the Ark and the menorah, and has now embarked on an ambitious project to build the altar, which will ultimately measure 3 meters wide by 3 meters long and 2 meters tall.

During Thursday’s ceremony, which took place in Mitzpe Yericho just east of Jerusalem, the Temple Institute laid the cornerstone for the altar and demonstrated how tar will be used to cement the stones together. The Institute plans on bringing the altar to its proper place on the Temple Mount when the Temple is rebuilt.

“Today, Tisha B’av, is not just a time to mourn the destruction of the Temple,” said Rabbi Yisrael Ariel, the head of the Temple Institute. “It is also a time to build.”

Rabbi Ariel thanked the more than 100 people who came to the event despite their fasting for Tisha B’Av, and despite the hot weather. The main force behind the construction of the altar, Yonaton Tzadok, was also on hand to explain why its stones were taken straight from the Dead Sea.

“The altar is supposed to represent going back to our roots, to the time of creation when everything was pure,” he said. “We took rocks from the Dead Sea, where it is likely that they were never touched by human hands.”

During the ceremony, many people who came to watch were surprised when they were invited to take part and pour tar onto the cornerstones. Rabbi Ariel first asked if there were any Kohanim (priests) in the crowd, and asked them start. When a woman requested to join in, Rabbi Ariel said "of course" and emphasized that women are commanded to build the Temple as well.

With the sun setting, Tzadok asked for volunteers to come back another day to help build the altar. “Carrying rocks and pouring tar is a lot of work,” he said. “We could use a few hundred people to help.” More information on the Temple Institute is available at http://www.templeinstitute.org/main.htm.

July 30, 2009 at 8:37 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34)SettingUpSacrifice...

40)The 3rd Temple

41)Our High Kohen/Priest

72) How Ezekiel 16....

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

The 3rd Temple

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132752

World’s Largest Temple Model Inaugurated next to Temple Mount

Av 15, 5769, 05 August 09 05:06by Yehudah Lev Kay

(Israelnationalnews.com) The world’s largest model of the Holy Temple was inaugurated Wednesday only a few hundred meters away from the Temple Mount, the site where the Temple existed up until 70 CE.

Can't see video? Just click here: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/132752

The model, built at a scale of 1:60, was built by Michael Osanis for the Aish HaTorah Yeshiva in Jerusalem’s old city, and is displayed on the roof of its new museum, which at seven stories above the Western Wall plaza has a breathtaking view of the Temple Mount.

“We hope that seeing this model of the Temple, with the perspective of its actual location in the background, will give people a sense of the inspiration that people received when they entered the real Temple that stood here for almost 1,000 years,” said Ephraim Shore of Aish HaTorah.

The model, which was built after extensive consultation with experts, is also the first to include a hydraulic system that raises the sanctuary building at the heart of the Temple to offer a view of the contents of the Holy of Holies within, including the Menorah, the Table, the Inner Altar, and the Ark of the Covenant.

Temple Model / Israel news photo: Aish HaTorah

The Temple model sits on top of Aish HaTorah’s new Exploratorium museum, which explores how Judaism and Jewish ideas have changed the world and continue to impact humanity. The model is meant to show how these contributions “were nurtured, studied and exported to humanity from the center of our spiritual world, in the Temple,” according to Shore.

“There is a growing ignorance about the centrality of the Jewish connection to Jerusalem and the Temple Mount,” Shore explained. “The Temple model is the beginning of a project that it is hoped will help Jews connect with their heritage and provide non-Jews with the awareness of our rich and broad history in these holy places.”

Besides its yeshiva in Jerusalem, Aish HaTorah also operates an international network of 31 branches dedicated to revitalizing the Jewish people by providing opportunities for Jews of all backgrounds to discover their heritage.

August 14, 2009 at 10:44 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34)SettingUpSacrifice...

40)The 3rd Temple

41)Our High Kohen/Priest

72) How Ezekiel 16....

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

The 3rd Temple

Arab League Furious over Jewish Prayer on Temple Mount

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133078

by Maayana Miskin

Elul 4, 5769 / August 24, '09

(IsraelNN.com) The Arab League reacted with fury on this week to reports that a small group of Jews had prayed on the Temple Mount on Sunday. Secretary-General Amr Moussa termed the spontaneous prayer gathering “a violation of international law.”

Rabbi Yisrael Ariel, head of the Temple Institute in Jerusalem, led the guided tour on the Temple Mount. While guards on the mount have a policy of preventing Jewish prayer or religious gestures such as kneeling or bowing, Rabbi Ariel's group managed to briefly pray at the site.

"This is the first time since 1967 that Jews have conducted prayers on Al-Aksa during the month of Ramadan,” Moussa declared. “We condemn this act,” he added, in the name of the 22 countries belonging to the League.

The prayer session was “a serious blow to the holiness of the site,” Moussa claimed, adding that Jews should not be allowed to pray at the site "whether it is Ramadan or any other time of year.”

The Temple Mount in Jerusalem's Old City is the site on which the Temple and Second Temple once stood, and according to Judaism, is the holiest place on earth. For approximately 1,000 years, the mount has housed the Al Aksa mosque.

Rabbi Chaim Richman, another Temple Institute leader, said Moussa was misinformed. Rabbi Ariel's prayer was not the first of its kind – in fact, Jews pray on the Temple Mount whenever they can, he said, and always have.

“There's a positive commandment for Jewish people to pray on the Temple Mount,” Rabbi Richman explained. "I was on the Temple Mount on Wednesday, and I prayed.”

Far from being a violation of international law, Jewish prayer at the site is a fundamental human right, he said. “We go there out of a deep desire to express the most basic human right that we have, which is to pray to G-d.”

August 24, 2009 at 4:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34)SettingUpSacrifice...

40)The 3rd Temple

41)Our High Kohen/Priest

72) How Ezekiel 16....

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

The 3rd Temple

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133131

PA Sheikh Denies Existence of Holy Temple

Elul 7, 5769, 27 August 09 12:00

by Hillel Fendel

(Israelnationalnews.com) Once again, the Palestinian Authority denies that the Holy Temple ever existed – despite a Waqf pamphlet from 1925 boasting proudly that the Temple Mount once housed Solomon's Temple.

The latest denial came on Wednesday when the PA’s Chief Islamic Judge, Sheikh Taysir Rajab al-Tamimi, condemned Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, as well as "all Jewish rabbis and extremist organizations,” for lying and asserting that Jerusalem was a Jewish city.

Al-Tamimi nearly caused an international incident this past May when he disrupted Pope Benedict XVI's interfaith meeting in Jerusalem with a vicious verbal attack on Israel.

In his latest rampage, the PA’s highest Islamic authority said – following Netanyahu’s remarks in London declaring the eternal Jewish connection to Jerusalem – that his claims “are baseless and untrue. Jerusalem is an Arab and Islamic city and it always has been so.”

This is a continuation of an Islamic-PA campaign to convince the world that the millennia-old natural association between Jerusalem and Jews is a myth. As Islamic Movement chief Raed Salah stated in 2006, "We remind, for the 1,000th time, that the entire Al-Aqsa mosque [on the Temple Mount], including all of its area and alleys above the ground and under it, is exclusive and absolute [emphasis added] Moslem property, and no one else has any rights to even one grain of earth in it."

Islamic Zig-Zag

However, this "absolute" Moslem claim is actually not all that absolute. Back in 1925, the Supreme Moslem Council - also known as the Waqf, which traditionally oversees Temple Mount activities on behalf of Islam - boasted proudly that the Temple Mount site was none other than that of Solomon's Temple.

The official 1925 Supreme Moslem Council Guide Book to Al-Haram Al-Sharif (the Moslem name for the Temple Mount) states, on page 4, "Its identity with the site of Solomon's Temple is beyond dispute. This, too, is the spot, according to universal belief, on which 'David built there an altar unto the L-rd...'” The pamphlet cites the Biblical source in 2 Samuel XXIV,25.

The pamphlet also makes reference, on page 16, to the underground area in the south-east corner of the Mount, which it refers to as Solomon's Stables. "Little is known for certain of the history of the chamber itself," the guide reads. "It dates probably as far back as the construction of Solomon's Temple.”

No Evidence?

Al-Tamimi further said on Wednesday that all of Israel’s archaeological work since 1967 has not proven “that Jews ever had a history or presence in Jerusalem, or that their ostensible temple had ever existed."

This assertion is factually incorrect. In 2005, for instance, researchers discovered a coin from the period of the First Revolt against the Romans, prior to the destruction of the Second Temple, bearing the phrase "For the Redemption of Zion.” They also found Hebrew letters on a jar fragment of the First Temple period, a Hasmonean coin inscribed with the words "Yehonatan High Priest, friend of the Jews," and more. Other finds over the years include seals inscribed with Hebrew and Jewish names – including of at least two people mentioned in the Book of Jeremiah.

Many other finds, including from recent weeks, also bear out the Jewish-Jerusalem connection. This did not stop Sheikh Al-Tamimi from accusing Israel this week of seeking “to turn [Jerusalem] into a Jewish city, in flagrant violation of all religious, legal, moral and human values."

August 28, 2009 at 10:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/34settingupsacrifice.htm

40:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/40the3rdtemple.htm

41:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/41ourhighkohenpriest.htm

72:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/72howezekiel16.htm

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/83thelast7yearsof70.htm

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/apps/forums/topics/show/584037-the-3rd-temple-made-with-mans-hand-will-be-built-destroyed-again-mat-24-1-2-

Second Temple Pilgrimage Route Uncovered

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133405

Elul 24, 5769, 13 September 09 05:31by Gil Ronen

(Israelnationalnews.com) Archaeologists have uncovered a section of a stone-paved street with stairs which connected the Temple Mount with the Pool of Shiloach (Siloam). The section is about 550 meters south of the Temple Mount, and is believed to be the point at which pilgrims began to ascend by foot to the Temple during Second Temple times (516 BCE – 70 CE).

The archaeological dig at the location is being conducted by the Nature and Parks Authority, with the sponsorship of the Elad nonprofit organization. Prof. Roni Reich of Haifa University and Eli Shukrun of the Antiquities Authority are in charge of the excavation.

The existence of this section of the street has been known for over a hundred years, ever since it was first uncovered in the years 1894-97 by British archaeologists Frederick Bliss and Archibald Dickie, who were sponsored by the Palestine Exploration Fund. The two covered the street section with dirt when they completed the dig, for its protection. Additional sections of the street were uncovered and then covered again, in digs by Jones in 1937 and Kathleen Kenyon in 1961-67.

The street was Jerusalem's central street, ascending northward from the north-western corner of the Pool of Shiloach. Another part of the street is exposed and runs across the western side of the Temple Mount.

The section uncovered in the present dig is a narrow strip, one to two meters wide, along the street's western shoulder. The street is paved in familiar Second Temple style, in alternating narrow and wide steps. %ad%

Another section of street and a large drainage canal were uncovered nearby about two years ago.

September 14, 2009 at 6:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34:

40:

41:

72:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/apps/forums/topics/show/584037-the-3rd-temple-made-with-mans-hand-will-be-built-destroyed-again-mat-24-1-2-

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133558

Holy Temple Mikveh Discovered Near Western Wall

Tishrei 5, 5770, 23 September 09 12:32by Hillel Fendel

(Israelnationalnews.com) A 2,000-year-old mikveh (ritual bath) has been uncovered just 20 meters from the Western Wall.

Given its location just outside the Holy Temple - where untold numbers of Jews regularly immersed before entering - the newly-revealed pool is among the largest ever discovered in Jerusalem.

The mikveh was found at the site known as the Western Wall Tunnels, which has long been under excavation and study by the Israel Antiquities Authority, with the support of the Western Wall Heritage Foundation.

It is located about 30 meters past the entrance to the Tunnels, in the general direction of the Western Wall. Once it becomes open to the public, the 11 broad steps leading down to the mikveh will be seen approximately 8 meters below floor level.

Josephus, the famous turncoat general and historian of the period, wrote that the administrative and governmental center of Jerusalem was located at the foot of the Temple, and that among the buildings there were the National Council and the Lishkat HaGazit, Chamber of Hewn Stone, where the Sanhedrin – Israel’s Supreme Court – convened. The archaeologists feel that it is possible that the luxurious hall aside the mikveh was originally one of these structures.

Archaeologist Alexander Ohn, the director of the dig, explains: “It is interesting to note that in the middle of the first century, changes were made in the grand structure. It was no longer used for public administrative purposes, and in its western wall a large mikveh was installed – with 11 steps descending into the immersion pool. It appears that Jerusalem was growing at this time, and with it the need to provide a solution for the increasing numbers of people who came en masse to Jerusalem, especially on the pilgrimage festivals (Passover (Pesach), Pentecost (Shavuot), and Tabernacles (Sukkot)). Ritual immersion in a mikveh and precise observance of the laws of purity were an inseparable part of Jewish life at this time; the importance of a mikveh, especially in this location, was great.”

Parts of the mikveh had been uncovered in the past, but now another hall – one of three – has been revealed. The structure was built of smooth stone hewn in a particularly intricate manner, with high-quality decorations and architectural style. Its importance can be determined by the fact that it is similar to other luxurious structures built by King Herod such as the Temple Mount, the Machpelah Cave, and one in Elonei Mamreh.

September 23, 2009 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34:

40:

41:

72:

Arab Riots on the Temple Mount

Tishrei 9, 5770, 27 September 09 11:09

by Hana Levi Julian

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/SendMail.aspx?print=print&type=0&item=133607

(Israelnationalnews.com) Two police officers and two Muslims were injured Sunday morning when Arab riots erupted on the Temple Mount. The area was immediately shut down, although the Western Wall plaza remained open to Jewish worshippers. One police officer lost his temper and cursed the Jews.

[weJew:6232] Email readers, please click here: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133607 to view the video footage.

Warning: Video footage contains strong language.

Eight suspects were arrested in eastern Jerusalem following the incident, according to Israel Police spokesman Mickey Rosenfeld, who said that scattered disturbances were continuing around the area, primarily near the gates to the Old City and in Arab neighborhoods in Jerusalem. A security presence has been beefed up in the area, he added.

The riots began after Jewish worshippers arrived to begin preparations for Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement, which begins Sunday at sundown. Arabs who worship at the mosque on the site started hurling rocks at approximately 7:30 a.m. as a group of 100 Israeli Jews attempted to enter the Temple Mount.

It's all because of you religious Jews!

A mob of some 150 Muslim worshippers surrounded the Jews, according to Rosenfeld, who told Israel National News that officers on the scene fired stun grenades at the rioters, and were able to bring the riot to a halt. A dialogue was opened with Muslim Waqf officials in an attempt to calm the situation, but ultimately riot control procedures were required.

Police closed the Temple Mount, but the Western Wall plaza was kept open, contrary to prior reports. "I was there this morning and everything was proceeding as usual, people were praying as always. It was open," said Rosenfeld.

A number of Jewish eyewitnesses present at the scene told the Hebrew-language Arutz Sheva that minutes after the riot some police officers began cursing the Jews who had been hoping to pray at the site. "It's all because of you religious [Jews]," one policeman said bitterly, according to an eyewitness who requested anonymity. The source said the police officer added insults and curses that could not be published.

Jerusalem police should deal with Arab rioters and not violate the freedom of Jewish worshippers who want to pray.

The Jerusalem district police spokesman denied the charge, and told Arutz Sheva that the claim was a "provocation" by some Jewish worshippers and said "if that is what they say about police officers endangering themselves for them, they should be ashamed."

Following the incident, MK Michael Ben-Ari sharply criticized the conduct of the police officers. "Jerusalem police should deal with the Arab rioters and not violate the freedom of Jewish worshippers who want to pray," he said.

Large numbers of Jews visited the Western Wall (Kotel) overnight Saturday for the final Selichot prayer service before Yom Kippur. The central Selichot service was held at 12:30 PM Saturday night, led by former Sephardic Chief Rabbi Ovadia Yosef and current Chief Rabbis Shlomo Amar and Yonah Metzger. Police estimated that more than 100,000 worshippers attended that service alone.

Yom Kippur Curfew in Judea, Samaria

A curfew was imposed midnight Saturday in Judea and Samaria, and will be lifted at midnight after the end of Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement.

During that period, Palestinian Authority Arabs will only be allowed to cross the pre-1967 border into areas solely controlled by Israel for unusual medical and humanitarian reasons. Each individual case will require the approval of the Civil Administration.

September 28, 2009 at 9:23 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34:

40:

41:

72:

Temple Mount Tensions Rise Fatah Hamas Call Muslims to Act

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133768

Tishrei 21, 5770, 09 October 09 09:16

by Maayana Miskin

(Israelnationalnews.com) Thousands of police officers have deployed in Jerusalem Friday in advance of Muslim prayers on the Temple Mount. Police are on high alert following a week in which Muslims rioted in and around Jerusalem, as Muslim and Arab leaders accused Israel of attempting to harm the al-Aksa Mosque atop the Mount.

In an attempt to reduce the chance of riots, police have limited access to the Temple Mount to Muslims only - only females, or men who are under age 18 or over 50. In addition, only those with Israeli or Jerusalem identity cards will be allowed in, while foreign Muslims will be told to pray elsewhere.

Tensions remained high on Thursday. While relative quiet was maintained in Jerusalem's Old City, attacks on Jews were reported in the nearby neighborhood of Mei Shiloach (Silwan) and across Judea and Samaria.

Fatah, Hamas, Islamic Movement call to 'Defend Al-Aksa'

As Israel attempts to reduce tensions, Hamas, Fatah and the Israel-based Islamic Movement have each called on Muslims to “defend al-Aksa.” Hamas declared Friday a “Day of Rage” and called on followers to protest, while Fatah called for a general strike on Friday on behalf of the al-Aksa mosque.

Fatah, the party of Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas, accused Israel of working with “Jewish extremists” by allowing them to enter the Temple Mount compound.

The Islamic Movement, an Israel-based Muslim organization that does not recognize Israel, has called for Israeli Muslims to arrive in Jerusalem for Friday prayers, and to ignore police limitations on the number or age of worshippers to be allowed in.

UN Called to Intervene

The Palestinian Authority has called on the United Nations to intervene in Jerusalem in order to prevent Israel from taking action regarding the Al-Aksa Mosque on the Temple Mount. PA officials, along with senior members of Fatah and Hamas, have accused Israel of planning to allow religious Jews increased access to the Mount.

PA minister Riyad al-Maliki relayed the request to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Wednesday during a visit to New York. “I informed him of the escalation of Israel's policy against Palestinians and against the al-Aksa Mosque,” he told AFP.

The PA and Muslim leaders have accused Israel of sparking Muslim riots in and around Jerusalem by allowing religious Jews – described in PA media as “extremist settlers” - to visit the Temple Mount.

October 9, 2009 at 12:26 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34:

40:

41:

72:

Record Number of Visitors to Western Wall

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/133924

Cheshvan 1, 5770, 19 October 09 11:33

by Hana Levi Julian

(Israelnationalnews.com) A record number of people - 1.5 million visitors - came to the Western Wall during the Hebrew month of Tishrei, according to figures from the Western Wall Heritage Foundation and the Israel Police.

The rabbi of the Kotel (Western Wall), Rabbi Shmuel Rabinovitz, commented that "these figures are evidence that the Western Wall is the spiritual home for Jews from all around the world, regardless of their background."

The Western Wall is the last standing remnant of the Second Temple in Jerusalem, and became a place of Jewish prayer following the Roman destruction in 70 CE. The area was badly damaged while occupied by Jordan, from 1948 to 1967, but was cleaned up and carefully renovated after it was restored to Israel in the 1967 Six-Day War.

It is customary for Jews to visit the Wall upon arriving in Israel for the first time, or as soon after arrival as possible. Visitors to the site, considered to be the holiest Jewish sitge on earth, traditionally include all heads of state who come to the State of Israel.

For those who are unable to make the trip to Jerusalem, it is still possible to carry out the tradition of placing one prayers in a note between the cracks of the Wall thanks to the Twitter age.

The Twitter Western Wall service prints outs prayers sent through the internet by "tweets" to a special account, and places them in the Wall. Prayers can be posted to the Twitter group at http://twitter.com/theKotel . Alternatively, private prayers can also be sent by email to [email protected] .

October 19, 2009 at 6:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34:

40:

41:

72:

Israel Plans Major Excavation at Western Wall

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134009

Cheshvan 5, 5770, 23 October 09 11:00

by Samuel Sokol

(Israelnationalnews.com) Israel is planning a major archaeological dig under the Western Wall (Kotel) plaza, opposite the Temple Mount, officials announced Thursday. The excavations will create an archaeological park directly underneath the area where worshippers currently stand while praying at the Kotel.

The current prayer area will remain open, supported by pillars, while a new area will be added underneath, at the level at which worshippers at the ancient Temple stood in the past.

The dig may be met with harsh reactions from Muslim and Arab leaders in Israel and the Palestinian Authority, many of whom have accused Israel of attempting to damage the Al-Aksa Mosque on the Temple Mount. Jerusalem-area Muslims recently rioted for several days after it was rumored that “Jewish settlers” had planned to pray on the Temple Mount.

The Government Press Office gave foreign journalists a tour of Kotel-area excavations this week. The tour, ostensibly an apolitical opportunity to view new historic findings, appeared to be aimed at countering Muslim criticism of Israeli excavations as well. See drawing of planned archeological park

A reference to Salah

Kotel Rabbi Shmuel Rabinovitch met with the journalists and criticized religious leaders who use the Kotel excavations as an excuse for violence. When asked, the rabbi said that he was referring to Sheikh Raed Salah, among others. Sheikh Salah, leader of the extremist Islamic Movement, has been involved in many of the anti-Israel riots centered around the Temple Mount.

Rabbi Rabinovitch informed the reporters that Jewish law forbids digs directly underneath the Temple Mount, where the Al-Aksa mosque is located. Digs take place around the mount, not beneath it, he said.

The journalists also met with engineers and others involved in the archaeological digs, who assured them that despite accusations to the contrary, Israel's excavations do not cause harm to structures in the area. In fact, they explained, the excavations have improved structural stability in the Temple Mount area, as they led to discovery and strengthening of areas in which there was a danger of collapse.

October 23, 2009 at 5:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34:

40:

41:

72:

Sheikh to Jews: Keep Jewish Law on Temple Mount

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134077

Cheshvan 9, 5770, 27 October 09 03:48

by Hillel Fendel

(Israelnationalnews.com) Sheikh Kamal Riyan called on Jews to “observe Jewish Law” and not visit the Temple Mount. It is true that Jewish Law restricts Jewish entry to the Mount – but it also forbids non-Jewish entry to the Temple area outright, a fact that the sheikh did not note.

The Muslim Sheikh, who heads the Al-Aksa Association for the Islamic Trust, pointed a finger at the Israel Police, the Government of Israel, and the entire Jewish Nation for allowing themselves to be “held hostage” by the “extreme right-wing.”

Riyan released a statement saying that the “extremist settlers” and the “Jerusalem extremists” are linked by a desire to “create facts on the ground in opposition to international law, humanism, and even the word of the Creator.” He blamed the Jerusalem violence of the past few days – in which over 20 Arabs were arrested and at least three Israeli policemen were injured – on the “settlers and on the Israeli establishment that protects them.”

“If Israel truly does not intend to build a synagogue [on the Temple Mount] or to build the fake Holy Temple [sic],” Sheikh Riyan said, “it must prove this to the entire Arab world.” Many Muslim clerics have claimed in recent years that there never was a Jewish Holy Temple atop the site – contradicting not only Jewish sources and countless historical and archeological proofs, but also an Islamic Waqf booklet of 1925 describing the Temple Mount that mentions, twice, the historic existence of the Holy Temples there.

'Riyan has Chutzpah'

Riyan noted in this connection that Jewish Law forbids Jews from entering the Temple Mount. Unsurprisingly, as his background in Jewish Law is not extensive, and his mistakes in this area include the following: Basic Jewish Law allows Jews to enter the Temple Mount, after having purified themselves of a certain level of legal impurity, but they may not enter the site where certain parts of the Temple itself stood. Many rabbis today adhere to the leniencies of this law, while others say that Jews should not enter any part of the Temple Mount, for fear that they will enter the wrong areas.

Furthermore, as Rabbi Zalman Melamed noted on Tuesday in response to Riyan’s statement, Jewish Law most certainly forbids non-Jews from entering the holy areas of the Mount. (See Mishna, Tr. Kelim 1,8)

Rabbi Melamed, who heads the Beit El Yeshiva Center and is Chief Rabbi of Beit El, is among those who discourage Jews from ascending to the Temple Mount. However, he said, “Riyan's statement that Jewish law forbids Jews from ascending to the Temple Mount is an expression of nerve and chutzpah... It is true that according to Jewish Law, a Jew who is not in a pure state cannot ascend to the Temple Mount - but certainly Arabs may not ascend to the Temple either."

October 27, 2009 at 10:24 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

34:

40:

41:

72:

Ed. Min. Agrees: Temple Mount in School Trips

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134072

Cheshvan 9, 5770, 27 October 09 01:03

by Hillel Fendel

(Israelnationalnews.com) A top official in the Education Ministry on a tour of the City of David in Jerusalem said his office would approve and even pay for school trips to the Temple Mount if there is a demand for such.

Yechezkel Azrieli, head of the Youth and Society Department in the Education Ministry, added that the Defense Ministry must approve such trips from a security standpoint.

Azrieli was participating, with Education Minister Gideon Saar, in an official tour of the City of David in eastern Jerusalem, below and to the south of the Temple Mount and Western Wall. The event, featuring hundreds of 5th, 7th, and 10th graders, was actually the kickoff for a new Education Ministry project entitled “Let’s Ascend to Jerusalem.”

In the framework of the project, designed to bring more pupils to the country’s political and historic capital, some 450,000 students are expected to arrive in Jerusalem each year, as opposed to 290,000 until now. The Education Minister has allocated NIS 15 million for the project, with priority given to schools in peripheral areas, and each child will visit the holy historic city at least thrice during his 12 years in school.

Eldad Happy

MK Aryeh Eldad (National Union) congratulated Saar on the project and specifically on the decision to approve Temple Mount trips: “I call upon all school principals around the country to initiate such trips. The fact that 50 percent of our pupils have never been to Jerusalem is horrifying, and the fact that [barely any of them] have ever visited the Jewish People’s holiest site must be amended.”

The participating students were from Sderot and Ofakim in the Negev, as well as Bnei Brak, Ben Shemen and Haifa. From Ir David, they went to Ammunition Hill, site of a critical 1967 Six Day War battle for Jerusalem.

Education Ministry officials explained that Minister Saar declared upon taking office that one of his objectives is to strengthen Zionist, Jewish and democratic values in the school system, and that fortifying ties with Jerusalem helps to serve this purpose.

Rabbi Yehuda Glick, Chairman of the Organization for Civil Rights on the Temple Mount, welcomed the decision to support school trips to Jerusalem in general – “the City of the Holy Temple,” he called it - and to the Temple Mount in particular. “We are happy to invite all Jerusalem visitors to the site of the Holy Temple,” he said. “We will provide guides and ensure that the visit is carried out with honor and glory and in accordance with all applicable rules. There is no doubt that those who visit the Mount with appropriate guidance will have an unforgettable experience that will engrave upon their hearts the living, eternal connection between the Jewish Nation and its heritage.”

Ritual Immersion First

Rabbis are divided on the question of whether one may visit the Temple Mount nowadays, given its ultra-sacred status and related Biblical prohibitions. Some rabbis forbid it, while others say that we are sufficiently aware of the exact locations of the Holy of Holies and other sacred sites as to enable those who have taken the proper precautions, such as immersion in a ritual pool, to visit large, though defined, areas of the Temple Mount. Rabbi Glick told Israel National News, "I have led class trips in the past, and will be happy to do it again, that involve immersion in one of several natural mikvehs in the area before we arrive at the Temple Mount."

October 27, 2009 at 10:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:7:4:Trust ye not in lying words, saying, The temple of YaHVeH, The templeof YaHVeH, The temple of YaHVeH, are these.

Yirmi'Yah/Jer:13:21:What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught themto be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, asa woman in travail?

Yechizki'Yah/Ezekiel:21:27:I will overturn, overturn, overturn, it: and it shall be no more, untilHe come whose right it is; and I will give it Him.

Yasha'Yah/Isaiah:6:3:And one cried unto another, and said, Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, is YaHVeHof hosts: the whole earth is full of HIS kabod/splendor.

Daniy'Yah/Daniel:9:25:Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of thecommandment to restore and to build Yerusalem/Yahushalayim unto themessiah the prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks:the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

Hoshea:8:14:For Yisrael hath forgotten his MAKER, and buildeth temples; and Yahudahhath multiplied fenced cities: but I will send a fire upon his cities,and it shall devour the palaces thereof.

Matit'Yahha Leviy/Matthew:24:1: And Yahshua went out, and departed from thetemple: and His disciples/followers came to Him for to shew Him thebuildings of the temple.

M't:24:2:And Yahshua said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I sayunto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, thatshall not be thrown down.

M't:23:37:O Yerusalem/Yahushalayim, Yahushalayim, thou that killest the prophets,and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I havegathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickensunder her wings, and ye would not!

Revelation:6:1:And I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard, as itwere the noise of thunder, one of the four beasts saying, Come and see.

Re:6:2:And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow;and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and toconquer.

Re:8:7:The first malak/angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingledwith blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part oftrees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.

Re:11:1:And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the malak stood,saying, Rise, and measure the Temple of YaHVeH, and the altar, and themthat worship therein.

Re:11:2:But the court which is without the Temple leave out, and measure itnot; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the kodesh city shall theytread under foot forty and two months.

34:

40:

41:

72:

Bride Father Arrested for Crime of Moving Lips on Temple Mount 

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/134891

Kislev 22, 5770, 09 December 09 01:09

by Hana Levi Julian

(Israelnationalnews.com) A Jewish bride and her father were arrested on the Temple Mountthe day before her wedding, after an Arab policeman claimed he saw thefather muttering prayers and the bride nodding her head.

The father and daughter were being taken around the site on Wednesdaymorning by her brother Eli, a volunteer who conducts regular tours at the Temple Mount,when suddenly they were accosted by the Jerusalempoliceman.

“We were in the northern part, and I was showing them the archaeologicalevidence when suddenly a police officer came over to us, Mahmoud Hativ was hisname, and h claimed that my father had muttered prayers. “We tried to arguewith him and said it wasn’t true, but he said, ‘You can’t fool me,’ andinsisted that my father had prayed,” Eli told Israel National News.

“My sister was just standing there silently, not moving at all. She didn’tsay a word. It was her first time at the Mount. Other cops came over,Mahmoud said that she had also been involved, and they decided to arrest themboth,” he continued. “He let me go right away, because he couldn’t make anyclaim against me.” His sister and father were taken to the Kishla policestation near the Jaffa Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem.

‘Lack of Will to Exercise Israeli Sovereignty’

“The fact that a father comes to the holiest place of the Jewish people andcan be arrested simply for allegedly moving his lips is an outrage,” Eli said.

“The Supreme Court has repeatedly ruled that the holy sites of all religionshave to be protected and respected – that explicitly includes the rights ofJews on the Temple Mount. Jerusalem police continue to ignore thatruling.”

Asked if he believes U.S.pressure on Israelto make concessions to the Palestinian Authority had anything to do with theincident, Eli said, ‘No. It is a result of the lack of will of the Jerusalem police to exercise Israeli sovereignty over theJewish holy places in Jerusalem, not U.S. pressure on Israel. It is unheard of to arrestsomeone just for praying in their own religion. In the U.S. thatwouldn’t fly. There is no public place in the U.S. where a Jew could not pray. Itis unfortunate, and sad.”

The family, which immigrated to Israelfrom New Yorkin 1996, lives in Beit Shemesh.

‘Police Misled Them to Sign Confession’

The two were held for several hours. At approximately 11:30 a.m., the twowere ordered to sign a declaration which they were told said they would promisenot to return to the Temple Mount for 15 days.

However, the father, who spoke with Israel National News from the courtyardof the police station while waiting to be questioned by the police commander,said that further examination of the paper showed they had been misinformed.The declaration actually said that they were confessing to have violated a lawabout disturbing the public order.

It was also made equally clear that if they did not sign the paper, theymight not be freed for hours – perhaps not even in time for the young woman tomake it to her own wedding.

Officers at JaffaGate Station Mocked the Bride

“The police officers talked very improperly to my daughter. She was veryupset – in tears – and they ridiculed her. ‘What’s the matter, are you baby?’they mocked her.”  Her father immediately fired back, “That’s how you talkto someone?”

The father said that the officer in charge threatened to keep them longer inresponse. “Be careful,” the cop warned. “If you talk to me that way, I can keepyou here for a few more hours.”   

“So I asked them: ‘How would it be if we arrested a young lady for prayinganywhere else in the State of Israel? Or maybe a Muslim woman for praying in Mecca? This is aboutpolice enforcement – so enforce the law! And they answered me, ‘It’s a verysensitive issue. This is the law.’ That’s what they answered me,” said thefather. “So I shut up, because I wanted to get out of there, and he would havekept us for hours. We signed the paper, and we will deal with it in the courtof public opinion.”

The father was not praying although he was, in fact, moving his lips. “Theyasked me if my daughter was nodding her head. I said I didn’t know – but if shecan now be arrested for nodding her head… well, anyway, in the end, that’s whatthey got her for. Nodding her head. That’s the nature of the public order.”

December 9, 2009 at 5:58 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.