Make the Way Straight

makethewaystraight.com

Message Boards

Forum Home > General Discussion > Yirmiyah. 6:14:...saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Jer. 6:14:...saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH!  surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yahushalayim, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

YirmiYah/Jeremiah: 6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

1Thessalonians:5:3: For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Revelation:13:1: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah :13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee?  for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12: Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long wilt THOU not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Yahudah, against which THOU hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

Zec:12:2: Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Yahudah and against Jerusalem.
Zec:12:3: And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Revelation:9:12: One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.
Re:9:13: And the sixth malak sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before YaHVeH,
Re:9:14: Saying to the sixth malak which had the trumpet, Loose the four malakim which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
Re:9:15: And the four malakim were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
Re:9:16: And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

Daniy'Yah/Daniel:11:44: But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

Matit'Yah-ha Leviy/Matthew:23:37: O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
M't:23:38: Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.
M't:23:39: For I say unto you, Ye shall not see Me henceforth, till ye shall say, Barak is He that cometh in the name of YaHVeH.

Read articles:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7786602.stm

Page last updated at 19:08 GMT, Tuesday, 16 December 2008

UN adopts Middle East resolution

An Israeli soldier patrols Israel's West Bank barrier on 16 December 2008
US-backed talks between Israelis and Palestinians began in November 2007

The UN Security Council has adopted a resolution aimed at giving fresh momentum to the Israeli-Palestinian peace process.

The draft describes US-brokered talks between Israelis and Palestinians as "irreversible" and urges greater diplomatic efforts to secure a deal.

The resolution is the first on the Middle East issue adopted by the 15-member council in almost five years.

It passed by 14 votes to zero. One council member, Libya, abstained.

The draft calls on both parties to "refrain from any steps that could undermine confidence or prejudice the outcome of negotiations".

It also urges an "intensification of diplomatic efforts" to build lasting peace in the Middle East.

The US-brokered negotiations were launched at Annapolis, Maryland, in November 2007, with the goal of achieving a peace deal before President George W Bush leaves office on 20 January 2009.

This is not going to happen but, says the BBC's Laura Trevelyan at the UN, the resolution gives the security council's backing for the talks to continue.

Diplomats say the resolution is America's attempt to carry over any progress to Barack Obama's administration.

Polls suggest the hawkish Binjamin Netanyahu could be elected Israeli prime minister in February, however, and he does not want to carry on with the negotiations in their current format, our correspondent adds.

December 16, 2008 at 4:21 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phillip
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH!  surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yahushalayim, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

YirmiYah/Jeremiah: 6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

1Thessalonians:5:3: For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Revelation:13:1: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah :13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee?  for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12: Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long wilt THOU not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Yahudah, against which THOU hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

Zec:12:2: Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Yahudah and against Jerusalem.
Zec:12:3: And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Revelation:9:12: One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.
Re:9:13: And the sixth malak sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before YaHVeH,
Re:9:14: Saying to the sixth malak which had the trumpet, Loose the four malakim which are bound in the great river Euphrates.
Re:9:15: And the four malakim were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.
Re:9:16: And the number of the army of the horsemen were two hundred thousand thousand: and I heard the number of them.

Daniy'Yah/Daniel:11:44: But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.

Matit'Yah-ha Leviy/Matthew:23:37: O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!
M't:23:39: For I say unto you, Ye shall not see Me henceforth, till ye shall say, Barak is He that cometh in the name of YaHVeH.

Read articles:

Amidst Rockets Red Glare, Hillary Clinton to Show Mideast Care

Adar 5, 5769, 01 March 09 12:02
by Avraham Zuroff

(IsraelNN.com) U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton departed Sunday for her first official State Department tour of the Middle East region. She will begin her three-day tour by attending the Sharm El-Sheikh donor nations conference, which will discuss providing humanitarian aid to Gaza residents. The U.S. has already committed to providing over $10 million in aid.

On Monday evening, Clinton will arrive in Jerusalem for meetings with Prime Minister Ehud Olmert, President Shimon Peres, and Prime Minister-designate Binyamin Netanyahu. She will also meet with Palestinian Authority leaders in Ramallah.

Hamas "welcomed" Clinton's visit by attacking the coastal city of Ashkelon with three Grad rockets on Saturday, returning Israel closer to the situation that prompted the Olmert government to launch Operation Cast Lead.

In addition, Hamas leaders on Saturday rejected an offer by the rival Fatah faction leader and Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas for a new unity government. Abbas said that Hamas had to respect a two-state solution, which would mean recognizing Israel, although the Samaria-based PA has not formally recognized the Jewish state.

In an interview with Voice of America on Friday, Clinton stated, "We want to strengthen a Palestinian partner willing to accept the conditions outlined by the Quartet and the Arab summit; in other words, a renouncement of violence, a recognition of Israel, and a commitment to abide by the previous agreements entered in by the Palestinian Authority."

She furthermore stated that American humanitarian aid to Gaza will be contingent on being channeled to the proper recipients. "They'll be spent only in service of the goals that will help people feel more secure in their lives, and therefore more confident that progress toward peace would serve them better than retreating to violence and rejectionism. And I will be announcing a commitment to a significant aid package, but it will only be spent if we determine that our goals can be furthered rather than undermined or subverted," the Secretary of State said.

Clinton also mentioned that if Hamas wishes to reconcile with Fatah in order to form a unified Palestinian Authority, it "must renounce violence, recognize Israel, and abide by previous commitments." The Secretary of State added, "otherwise, I don't think it will result in the kind of positive step forward either for the Palestinian people or as a vehicle for a reinvigorated effort to obtain peace that leads to a Palestinian state."

Visit with Old Friends
Clinton said she looks forward to returning to Israel. Her last time in the Jewish State was in 2005, with her husband, the former U.S. president. Although she calls her coming visit as "a visit with old friends," Clinton acknowledges that it is a sensitive time in Israeli politics as the government is in the process of forming a coalition and intends to discuss the "U.S.-Israel relationship and talk about the best way to move peace forward." Her take on "moving peace forward" is bringing forward a two-state solution.

Israel reconfirmed its adherence to determining a "final status," at the November 2007 Annapolis Initiative. This included Israel's agreement to a two-state solution. The Kadima party, headed by Foreign Affairs Minister Tzipi Livni, has focused its platform on unilaterally withdrawing from some areas of Judea and Samaria which hold a majority of Arabs. In contrast, Kadima's rival, Likud, is committed to preserving Jewish towns in Judea and Samaria. President Shimon Peres has chosen Likud chairman MK Binyamin Netanyahu to create a coalition, which is expected to reject a two-state solution.

Clinton will be working with Middle East Envoy George C. Mitchell, who arrived in the region last week, to help end the conflict between Israel and the Arabs. She additionally wants to create an independent Palestinian Authority state, and to provide Israel with what she has called "the peace and security that it has long sought and which the people deserve to have."

When asked how the Secretary of State will react to Netanyahu's rejection of a two-state solution " a fundamental part of U.S. Mideast policy " Clinton responded, "Our policy remains, as it is the policy of the Quartet and the Arab League peace initiative to move toward a two-state solution. And there is not yet a government in Israel, so clearly, we have not had an opportunity to consult with anyone, but we will certainly convey our strong commitment to a two-state solution."

March 2, 2009 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12: Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long wilt THOU not have mercy on Yahushalayim and on the cities of Yahudah, against which THOU hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

Zec:12:2: Behold, I will make Yahushalayim a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Yahudah and against Yahushalayim.
Zec:12:3: And in that day will I make Yahushalayim a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Matit'Yah-ha Leviy/Matthew:23:37: O Yahushalayim, Yahushalayim, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Read articles:

Page last updated at 13:01 GMT, Wednesday, 25 March 2009

Netanyahu 'will be peace partner'

Netanyahu: Peace is 'enduring goal'

Israel's next prime minister, Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu, has said his incoming government will be a "partner for peace" with the Palestinians.

He said he would negotiate with the Palestinian Authority, a change of tack after being critical of previous talks.

Correspondents say the right-winger is trying to temper his image as an opponent of the peace process.

Palestinian officials said Mr Netanyahu must back the idea of a Palestinian state to be considered a partner.

The incoming prime minister, who previously led Israel from 1996 to 1999, is also coming under international pressure to publicly support a two-state solution.

Obama factor

Mr Netanyahu was speaking at an economic conference in Jerusalem, one day after broadening what had been a narrow right-wing and far-right coalition to include the centre-left Labour party.

He said his previously-stated intention to shore up the Palestinian economy would not be a substitute for peace talks.

An Israeli government that refuses the two-state solution will not be a partner to us
Saeb Erekat
Palestinian negotiator

"Peace: It's not the last goal. It's a common and enduring goal for all Israelis and all Israeli governments - mine included.

"This means I will negotiate with the Palestinian Authority for peace," he said.

"I think that the Palestinians should understand that they have in our government a partner for peace, for security and for rapid economic development of the Palestinian economy," he added.

But Mr Netanyahu gave no hint of whether or not he would support the creation of an independent Palestinian state.

Palestinian negotiators have been urging him to back the plan, embraced by international mediators, including US President Barack Obama, and more moderate Israeli leaders.

In a televised news conference on Tuesday, US President Barack Obama - who also backs Palestinian statehood - said peace efforts would not get "easier" with a Netanyahu government, but were "just as necessary".

Reacting to Mr Netanyahu's comments, senior Palestinian officials were sceptical, but said the incoming prime minister would be judged on his actions.

"As far as we're concerned an Israeli government that refuses the two-state solution and continues the settlement, will not be a partner to us," senior negotiator Saeb Erekat told the BBC.

He said the new Israeli government must be obliged to sign up to past agreements, in the same way that the Palestinian Authority was forced to after the militant Hamas movement won its legislative elections in 2006.

March 26, 2009 at 6:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

Page last updated at 14:19 GMT, Sunday, 12 April 2009 15:19 UK

Netanyahu 'ready for peace talks'

Benjamin Netanyahu in an image from 25 March
Mr Netanyahu offered 'economic peace' to Palestinians, not statehood

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu has told Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas he intends to resume talks and co-operation to promote peace.

It was their first contact since Mr Netanyahu took office on 31 March.

Mr Abbas initiated the telephone call, which Mr Netanyahu's office described as "friendly and warm".

The new Israeli leader has not publicly endorsed the creation of a fully independent Palestinian state - a fundamental demand of the Palestinians.

An Israeli statement said that during his conversation with Mr Abbas, Mr Netanyahu "recalled their past co-operation and conversations, and how he intended to resume this in the future in order to advance peace".

'Not binding'

Mr Netanyahu leads a right-leaning coalition, which combines the centre-right, centre-left and far-right parties.

During his campaign, he said he was willing to negotiate with the Palestinians but that it was premature to talk of statehood. Instead, he offered Palestinians "economic peace".

Israeli Foreign Minister Avigdor Lieberman, who leads the right-wing Yisrael Beiteinu party, has dismissed past peace initiatives by US administrations.

He has also said the previous Israeli government's acceptance of Palestinian statehood was not binding.

On Saturday, chief Palestinian negotiator Saeb Erekat reiterated his administration's position that that for peace talks to resume, Israel must declare its support for a two-state solution.

April 13, 2009 at 7:49 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yahushalayim, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

YirmiYah/Jeremiah: 6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the ruach into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah :13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12: Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long wilt THOU not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Yahudah, against which THOU hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

Re:9:13: And the sixth malak sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before YaHVeH,

Re:9:14: Saying to the sixth malak which had the trumpet, Loose the four malakim which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

Re:9:15: And the four malakim were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

Read articles:

36) Ten Kings of Rev. 13

44) The 8th king of Rev.

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

66)UK & USA shepherd....

71)ScoffersInTheLastDays

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

84)1948BeganTheCountdown

http://euobserver.com/9/28042

Israel threatens to end EU diplomatic role

ANDREW WILLIS

Today @ 09:28 CET

Israel is deeply unhappy with comments made by EU officials regarding its government and the Palestinian peace process and has threatened to end the bloc's mediation role in the region.

"Israel is asking Europe to lower the tone and conduct a discreet dialogue," deputy director for Europe at the Israeli Foreign Ministry, Rafi Barak, told European ambassadors in Israel this week reports Israeli newspaper Ha'aretz.

The EU insists on a two-state solution to the decades-old conflict. (Photo: wikipedia)

"However, if these declarations continue, Europe will not be able to be part of the diplomatic process, and both sides will lose," he said.

EU external affairs commissioner Benita Ferrero-Waldner is causing the Israeli government particular concern after the EU froze plans to upgrade the bloc's ties with the country at the beginning of the year.

Talks to upgrade the current association agreement that defines relations between the EU and Israel began in December 2008, but were suspended in January over Israel's 22-day assault on the Gaza Strip that killed over 1,400 Palestinians.

Last Thursday, Ms Ferrero-Waldner told journalists in Brussels that the upgrade in bilateral ties would continue to be postponed until the "new Israeli government shows a clear commitment to pursue peace negotiations with the Palestinians."

But Mr Barak said it was unclear what gave Ms Ferrero-Waldner the authority to make the statement on delaying closer ties as EU member state governments had not made a formal decision on the matter.

"We want the European Union to be a partner [in the diplomatic process], but it is important to hold a mature and discreet dialogue and not to resort to public declarations," Barak told the European ambassadors in a series of telephone conversations.

The Israeli military recently conducted an internal investigation into claims of human rights abuses during the short war and concluded it had not broken international law, although human rights organisations were quick to point out flaws in the investigation.

Brussels has campaigned for a two-state solution to the decades-old problem and opposes continued Israeli settlement expansion in the West Bank.

Tensions at home

While EU member states have not always shared a unified position on the Israeli-Palestine question, recently it appears differences in opinion have opened up between the EU institutions.

Speaking to journalists after a meeting of foreign ministers in Luxembourg on Monday, Czech foreign minister Karel Schwarzenberg acknowledged that there were conflicting opinions between the Czech EU presidency and the European Commission.

But he said the situation had "escalated quite unnecessarily", referring to a recent spat between outgoing Czech Prime Minister Mirek Topolanek and Ms Ferrero-Waldner.

Mr Topolanek recently said that comments made by Ms Ferrero-Waldner stating EU relations with Israel would only improve if Israel promised to continue peace talks as an example of the "European Commission's arrogance", reports the Prague Daily Monitor.

"Yes, the talks on the action plan [with Israel] have been stalled, but the decision is up to the Council. She overstepped her powers," said Mr Topolanek.

May 1, 2009 at 6:13 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yahushalayim, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the heart

YirmiYah/Jeremiah: 6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the  ruach  into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Re:17:5: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah :13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hast taught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrows take thee, as a woman in travail?

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against THY people, and consulted against THY hidden ones.

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12: Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long wilt THOU not have compassion Yahushalayim  and cities of Yahudah, against which THOU hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

Zec:12:3: And in that day will I make Yahushalayim burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Re:9:13: And the sixth malak sounded, and I heard a voice from the four horns of the golden altar which is before YaHVeH,

Re:9:14: Saying to the sixth malak which had the trumpet, Loose the four malakim which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

Re:9:15: And the four malakim were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

Matit'Yah-ha Leviy/Matthew:23:37: O Yahushalayim,Yahushalayim   thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Read articles:

36) Ten Kings of Rev. 13

44) The 8th king of Rev.

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

66)UK & USA shepherd....

71)ScoffersInTheLastDays

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

84)1948BeganTheCountdown

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131318

Pope’sBridge for Peace’ Cracking in Troubled Waters

Iyar 18, 5769, 12 May 09 05:11

by Tzvi Ben Gedalyahu(IsraelNN.com) Pope Benedict XVI billed his Middle East tour as a “bridge for peace,” but it has run into troubled waters. Following negative remarks by Israeli secular and religious leaders following the Pope’s emotional but neutral remarks at the Yad VaShem Holocaust Museum and Memorial Center Monday evening, the Vatican issued a sharp denial that the Catholic leader was in the Hitler Youth movement as a teenager.

Contradicting the Pope’s own admission that he was an involuntary member of the pro-Hitler group, Vatican spokesman Federico Lombardi claimed at a news conference that the pope was a member of an auxiliary air defense squad. It "had nothing to do with Nazism or Nazi ideology," and he “never, never was a member of the Hitler Youth, which was a movement of fanatical volunteers,” the spokesman declared.

The German-born pope also did not offer any apology for his Nazi past. “The pope was never in the Hitler Jugend… and he should not have to apologize for being forced to wear Wehrmacht uniform.” according to Lombardi.

Yad VaShem Chairman Rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau, former Chief Rabbi of Israel and a Holocaust survivor, responded to the Pope’s remarks by noting that he omitted any direct reference to Hitler or Nazis and stated that “millions” were killed without using the more descriptive brutal term” murdered.”

The Vatican’s remarks did not omit the inciting anti-Israeli outburst by a Muslim cleric before the Pope Monday night. The spokesman stated, “In a meeting dedicated to dialogue, this intervention was a direct negation of what a dialogue should be.” International media dutifully reported and then sparingly referred to the outburst by Sheikh Taysir Tamimi at the interfaith conference at the Notre Dame church in eastern Jerusalem.

Speaking in Arabic, the sheikh charged that the Israeli “occupation” of eastern Jerusalem and Judea and Samaria was an excuse to murder children. He called on Pope Benedict to “pressure the Israeli government to stop its aggression against the Palestinian people.”

The Jerusalem grand mufti, Mohammed Hussein, handed the pope a letter stating that peace is dependent on “the end of occupation and with our Palestinian people regaining their freedom.”

The papal visit was implicitly political from the moment the pope landed at Ben Gurion Airport from Jordan Monday. At the Vatican’s request, Israel removed its national flag from the welcoming ceremony while Pope Benedict implicitly called for the establishment of a new Palestinian Authority state.

“I plead with all those responsible to explore every possible avenue in the search for a just resolution of the outstanding difficulties, so that both peoples may live in peace in a homeland of their own within secure and internationally recognized borders," he stated.

The pope’s visit the rest of the week will take him to Bethlehem and the Galilee city of Sakhnin, where the town mayor earlier this year led an anti-Israel rally during the Operation Cast Lead counterterrorist campaign in Gaza.

Officials are expected to try to ensure that there will be no repetition of Monday night’s outburst by Sheikh Tamimi.

May 13, 2009 at 4:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yahushalayim, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the heart.

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the ruach into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12: Then the Malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long wilt THOU not have compassion on Yahushalayim and on the cities of Yahudah, against which THOU hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

Zec:12:2: Behold, I will make Yahushalayim a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Yahudah and against Yahushalayim.

Zec:12:3: And in that day will I make Yahushalayim a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Matit'Yah-ha Leviy/Matthew:23:37: O Yahushalayim, Yahushalayim, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

M't:23:39: For I say unto you, Ye shall not see Me henceforth, till ye shall say, Baruach is He that cometh in the name of YaHVeH.

Read articles:

36) Ten Kings of Rev. 13

44) The 8th king of Rev.

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

66)UK & USA shepherd....

71)ScoffersInTheLastDays

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

84)1948BeganTheCountdown

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131374

Pope Deflects Netanyahu’s Request to Denounce Iran

Iyar 21, 5769, 15 May 09 08:56

by Gil Ronen

(IsraelNN.com) Pope Benedict XVI deflected Thursday a request by Prime Minister Binyamin (Bibi) Netanyahu that he denounce Iran and its president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, for anti-Semitic statements.

“I asked him as a moral figure to make his voice heard loudly and continuously against the declarations coming from Iran about their intentions to destroy the state of Israel,” Netanyahu said in a television interview after meeting Pope Benedict. “It cannot be that at the start of the 21st century, a state arises that says it intends to destroy the Jewish state and that a very strong and aggressive voice isn’t heard condemning this phenomenon,” the Prime Minister elaborated.

“Blocking the Iranian danger will advance peace,” he told the pope. “We want peace with the Palestinians, but one that brings security. We do not seek to rule a different people, but we also do not want an Iranian-backed terror state to develop beside us and endanger Israel,” he explained to the visitor from the Vatican.

The pope replied by saying that he believes that the moderate elements in the region should be strengthened and the extremist ones should be fought. He added that as pope, he leads the global battle against anti-Semitism.

The pope and Mr. Netanyahu held a private 15-minute meeting in Nazareth and discussed “how to advance the terms of the peace process,” Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said. Netanyahu stated that he and the pope had discussed “the historic process of reconciliation between Christianity and Judaism.”

Pope Benedict has never directly spoken about Ahmadinejad’s statements on Israel and his denials of the Holocaust. However, Lombardi said on Thursday, “We have made objections in the past."

'Extremist and offensive political positions'

After Ahmadinejad called Israel the "most cruel and repressive racist regime" in the recent U.N. conference on racism in Geneva, Switzerland, Lombardi issued a statement deploring the Iranian leader’s attempt to use the forum to tout “political positions, of an extremist and offensive nature,” Catholic News Agency reported at the time.

Father Lombardi added that the “Holy See deplores the use of this United Nations forum for the adoption of political positions, of an extremist and offensive nature, against any State. This does not contribute to dialogue and it provokes an unacceptable atmosphere of conflict.

“What is needed is to make good use of this important opportunity to engage in dialogue together, according to the line of action that the Holy See has always adopted, with a view to effectively combating the racism and intolerance that still today affect children, women, those of African descent, migrants, indigenous peoples, etc., in every part of the world.”

May 20, 2009 at 6:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yahushalayim, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the heart.

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12: Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long wilt THOU not have kindness on Yahushalayim and on the cities of Yahudah, against which THOU hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

Zec:12:2: Behold, I will make Yahushalayim a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Yahudah and against Yahushalayim.

Zec:12:3: And in that day will I make Yahushalayim a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Read articles:

36) Ten Kings of Rev. 13

44) The 8th king of Rev.

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

66)UK & USA shepherd....

71)ScoffersInTheLastDays

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

84)1948BeganTheCountdown

Obama 'confident' on two-state solution

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8072741.stm

US President Barack Obama says he is confident that Israel will recognise that a two-state solution is in the best interests of its security.

Speaking after White House talks with Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, Mr Obama again urged Israel to freeze settlement expansion.

Israel has insisted it will allow existing settlements to expand, despite pressure from Washington.

President Obama also said Palestinians must rein in anti-Israeli violence.

For his part, Mr Abbas said he was committed to all obligations under the Mid-East peace plan "roadmap".

However, without a halt to Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank, the Palestinians have said there can be no progress towards peace.

'Israel's interests'

Mr Obama said he was a "strong believer in a two-state solution" and believed Israel would recognise that it was in the best interests of its long-term security.

WEST BANK SETTLEMENTS

• Construction of settlements began in 1967, shortly after the Six Day War

• Some 280,000 Israelis now live in the 121 officially-recognised settlements in the West Bank

• A further 190,000 Israelis live in settlements in Palestinian East Jerusalem

• The largest West Bank settlement is Maale Adumim, where more than 30,000 people were living in 2005

• There are r 102 unauthorised outposts which are not officially sanctioned by Israel

• Source: Peace Now

He said it was important for all countries, but particularly Arab states, to be supportive of the two-state solution.

"I am confident that we can move this forward if all parties are ready to meet their obligations," he said.

Mr Abbas said the need for progress in the stalled process was urgent.

He added that "time is of the essence" - a phrase also used by Mr Obama.

He said that he had shared ideas with Mr Obama based on the 2003 peace plan and the 2002 Saudi peace plan supported by the Arab league.

Under the US-backed 2003 roadmap to peace, Israel is obliged to end all settlement activity, specifically including natural growth.

The plan also requires the Palestinian Authority to crack down on militants who seek to attack Israelis.

President Obama said he had been "very clear" in his meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu last week on the need to "stop settlements".

Mr Netanyahu later said no new settlements would be built but natural growth in existing settlements should be allowed.

SETTLEMENT GROWTH 2006-2009

• 4,560 new housing units constructed in West Bank (excluding E Jerusalem)

• Tenders issued for 1,523 new housing units in West Bank (excluding E Jerusalem)

• Tenders issued for 2,437 new housing units in E Jerusalem

• 40% of all construction was east of West Bank barrier

• 560 new structures built in unauthorised outposts Figures refer to term of former PM Ehud Olmert, Jan 2006 to Jan 2009

Source: Peace Now

The BBC's Justin Webb in Washington says Mr Obama's public reiteration of his view - a day after his Secretary of State Hillary Clinton had laid it out only to have it shot down by the Israeli government - has raised eyebrows in Washington.

Ahead of his visit to the Middle East next week, Mr Obama has put Mr Netanyahu on notice that this White House has a firm agenda of its own, our correspondent adds.

Stalled talks

The White House meeting between the two leaders is part of an effort by the Obama administration to restart stalled peace talks.

Mr Obama has already met King Abdullah of Jordan and Mr Netanyahu. He plans to meet Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak in Cairo on 4 June.

Earlier on Thursday, Mrs Clinton said Washington was pushing for a two-state solution in the Middle East as it was in the "best interests" of both the Palestinians and Israelis.

Speaking after a dinner with Mr Abbas, she said: "We believe strongly in a two-state solution."

However, Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev said on Thursday that Israel would continue to allow some construction in West Bank settlements despite US calls for a freeze on its work.

He said the fate of the settlements should be decided in peace talks with the Palestinians.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/8072741.stm

Published: 2009/05/29 04:43:13 GMT

May 29, 2009 at 6:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:4:10: Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yahushalayim, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the sword reacheth unto the soul.

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12: Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long wilt THOU not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Yahudah, against which THOU hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

Read articles:

36) Ten Kings of Rev. 13

44) The 8th king of Rev.

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

66)UK & USA shepherd....

71)ScoffersInTheLastDays

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

84)1948BeganTheCountdown

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131707

Peres Calls for Bilateral Talks, Peace

Sivan 12, 5769, 04 June 09 12:47

by Hillel Fendel(IsraelNN.com) President Shimon Peres has written an op-ed in the Times of London, saying “it seems the time is ripe to end the Israeli-Arab conflict once and for all.”

As U.S. President Barack Obama begins what is touted as his “historic” visit to Islamic countries Saudi Arabia and Egypt, Israel's Peres takes the unusual step of calling for peace in the Middle East from the pages of a major international newspaper.

Peres writes that Obama’s journey “could be an opportunity,” and that it requires Israel’s enemies to negotiate, and normalize relations, with Israel. There must be “bilateral negotiations between Israel and each of its neighbours - the Palestinians, Syria and Lebanon,” Peres writes, “and in tandem with this, a regional process of normalisation of relations between Israel and the Arab states.”

Peres notes the Saudi initiative, which he calls “significant,” and praises Jordan’s “57-state solution” as having “much wisdom.” Both plans, issued by the countries’ respective kings, call for the formation of a Palestinian Authority state in Judea and Samaria.

The more detailed Saudi initiative, adopted by the Arab League, has three main points: Full Israeli withdrawal from all the territories “occupied” since 1967; a “just solution” to the “Palestinian Refugee” problem; and the establishment of a Palestinian state in Judea and Samaria with eastern Jerusalem as its capital.

“The kings are right,” Peres writes, “in seeing both the proper destination and the surest path for its realisation. With the support of the leadership in Egypt, it seems the time is ripe to end the Israeli-Arab conflict once and for all.”

Israel Need Not Accept Every Word

Peres reserves Israel’s right not to accept every detail of the Saudi plan – but just barely: “Israel did not take part in the wording of the Arab peace initiative and, therefore, should not be expected to accept its every word. But Israel will refrain from imposing its own wording on other parties and is ready to negotiate common ground.”

Dramatic Gestures Required

President Peres says that dramatic peace gestures can be more valuable than “well-formulated peace plans.” He cites examples from Egypt’s Sadat and Jordan’s Hussein:

“What brought about the Egyptian-Israeli peace treaty, signed in 1979, was a journey of less than an hour - the time it took Anwar Sadat to fly from Cairo to Jerusalem. This hour changed the course of history in the Middle East. Not because it exerted pressure, but because it diminished old fears. It captured people's imaginations and created a turning point far more powerful than outside pressure. Israel and Egypt were surprised by the tremendous effect of this journey. It put an end to the history of suspicion.

“King Abdullah of Jordan's father did something similar in 1997 after seven Israeli girls were murdered by a Jordanian soldier. Their families lived in Beit Shemesh, a town close to Jerusalem. King Hussein, disregarding protocol, surprisingly drove to Beit Shemesh, where he visited each and every one of the bereaved families. He sought genuine forgiveness. The impact of this unexpected gesture on the Israeli public was spectacular. To this very day, this visit is regarded as a turning point in the relations between our two countries.”

Time to Sail the Strong Wind

In typical fashion, Peres concludes with an imaginative metaphor: “It is time to sail the strong wind, which today is blowing in the right direction. There is no greater strength than the power of an idea that has come to fruition. That is the case for peace today. The passengers are ready. The ship is waiting. It is time for the navigators to decisively take the helm.”

June 5, 2009 at 6:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

36) Ten Kings of Rev. 13

44) The 8th king of Rev.

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

66)UK & USA shepherd....

71)ScoffersInTheLastDays

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

84)1948BeganTheCountdown

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/131741

Netanyahu: Israel Wants Peace and Security

Sivan 15, 5769, 07 June 09 12:49by Hana Levi Julian(IsraelNN.com) Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu announced Sunday that he will make his official response in a few days to the speech in Cairo last week by U.S. President Barack Obama.

The prime minister told ministers at the weekly Cabinet meeting that next week he will make a "major diplomatic speech" in which he plans to detail "our principles for achieving peace and security."

Netanyahu slammed media coverage of the past few days, saying he had read and heard quotes attributed to him that he did not say. "I would like to make it clear," he said. "We want to achieve peace with the Palestinians and with the countries of the Arab world, while attempting to reach the maximum understanding with the U.S. and our friends around the world."

However, Netanyahu added, "My aspiration is to achieve a stable peace that rests on a solid foundation of security for the State of Israel and its citizens." The prime minister said that he intends to discuss the issue with his coalition partners and "other elements among the Israeli public" prior to delivering his address.

Obama: No More Settlements

Obama warned in his speech that Israel must not build or expand Jewish communities in Judea or Samaria. He also called for the establishment of a Palestinian Authority state to assuage "the pain of dislocation" that he said PA Arabs had endured "for more than 60 years."

The Netanyahu administration issued a formal news release following the address, delivered Thursday from Cairo University, saying Israel will allow construction within existing Jewish communities.

Report: Gov't Will Set Up Israeli-American Monitoring Team

The government intends to offer to create an Israeli-American team to monitor settlement construction, according to a report published Sunday in the Hebrew-language newspaper Yediot Acharonot. The team would ensure that construction does not exceed the current boundaries of given communities and that no new settlements are begun.

Obama's special envoy to the Middle East, George Mitchell, arrives this week Israel to set up a permanent base and to conduct meetings with Israeli and PA leaders. Mitchell plans to monitor construction in existing towns and dismantling of start-up communities in Judea and Samaria.

U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said she is refusing to honor an American promise that Israel can retain its large Jewish population centers that were built in Judea, Samaria and significant parts of Jerusalem.

She repeated a claim that the Roadmap requires Israel to surrender all of Judea, Samaria and Gaza - although in truth the document only calls for the future borders of Israel and a new PA state to be

June 8, 2009 at 4:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

36) Ten Kings of Rev. 13

44) The 8th king of Rev.

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

66)UK & USA shepherd....

71)ScoffersInTheLastDays

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

84)1948BeganTheCountdown

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/168586

Mitchell Discussed Syrian Peace with Barak

Reported: 11:57 AM - Jul/27/09

(IsraelNN.com) U.S. envoy to the Middle East George Mitchell discussed a possible peace agreement between Syria and Israel in his meeting with Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Sunday, according to Jerusalem sources.

Mitchell reportedly said that peace with Syria would come as part of a regional peace that would also include Lebanon and the Palestinian Authority. It would also involve an Israeli pullback from the Golan Heights.

July 28, 2009 at 6:08 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12: Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long wilt THOU not have mercy on Yahushalam and on the cities of Yahudah, against which THOU hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

Zec:12:2: Behold, I will make Yahushalam a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Yahudah and against Yahushalam.

Zec:12:3: And in that day will I make Yahushalam a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Matit'Yah-ha Leviy/Matthew:23:37: O Yahushalam, Yahushalam, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Read articles:

36) Ten Kings of Rev. 13

44) The 8th king of Rev.

58) Relavence of Jer. 13

61) Zechariah 5 & 6

66)UK & USA shepherd....

71)ScoffersInTheLastDays

72) How Ezekiel 16....

74) The Flaming Sword...

83)TheLast7yearsof 70...

84)1948BeganTheCountdown

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8221559.stm

Israel-US settlement deal 'close'

Israel says it is nearing agreement with the US on settlement building in the occupied West Bank, after its PM held talks with a US envoy in London.

The US wants Israel to comply with Palestinian demands that it stop all building before peace talks can start.

The US and Israel were "getting closer" to a "bridging formula", a spokesman for Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu said.

Mr Netanyahu said earlier that he hoped talks with the Palestinians would restart "shortly".

BBC Middle East editor Jeremy Bowen says US President Barack Obama is hoping to unveil a Middle East peace plan at the United Nations in September.

ANALYSIS

Jeremy Bowen, BBC Middle East Editor According to Mr Netanyahu's spokesman, Israel is ready to restrict construction for Jews in the occupied Palestinian territories. But it looks as if it won't be the comprehensive freeze that the Americans - and Palestinians - wanted. Israel says it won't accept any restrictions on what it does in Jerusalem, part of which is occupied territory. A senior Israeli official said they were confident that the Americans would persuade the Palestinians to go along with the deal they're poised to make. It's all aimed at paving the way for a resumption of US sponsored peace talks in the next few weeks. After that President Obama is hoping to unveil a Middle East peace plan at the UN in New York next month. During this visit to London Mr Netanyahu has also quoted approvingly a call by the US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for crippling sanctions against Iran. She said they'd be necessary if diplomacy failed to stop Iran's programme of nuclear enrichment.

Mr Netanyahu and US envoy George Mitchell released a joint statement after their four-hour meeting at the Park Lane Hotel, saying Israeli officials would meet Mr Mitchell again next week, AFP news agency reported.

Before the two met, Mr Netanyahu said the US and Israel were "making headway" and said he hoped the two sides would "shortly be able to resume normal talks".

There has been speculation that Mr Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas could meet on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly in September.

Speaking anonymously, Palestinian officials said this was a possibility, although the two could only meet for talks, not formal negotiations.

The Palestinians have refused to resume peace negotiations unless Israel stops all settlement building.

Wednesday's meeting in London followed talks with UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown, when Mr Netanyahu rejected any construction freeze in occupied East Jerusalem.

He reiterated his demand that the Palestinians recognise Israel as a Jewish state.

Mr Netanyahu has said Israel will not build new settlements, but wants to continue building within existing ones to allow for the "natural growth" of the communities living there.

The American pressure on Mr Netanyahu has strained normally close Israel-US ties.

After meeting Mr Mitchell in London, Mr Netanyahu is travelling to Berlin, the next stop on his four-day European tour.

Dispute

Some 450,000 Israeli settlers live in the West Bank, including East Jerusalem. The settlements are illegal under international law, although Israel disputes this.

Israel agreed to freeze settlement activity as part of the 2003 staged international peace plan known as the roadmap.

But Israeli officials say there was an unwritten understanding with the administration of former US President George W Bush that allowed limited growth within existing settlements to continue.

Mr Netanyahu's right-leaning government has not published tenders for new housing units in settlements since it came to power in April.

But the left-wing Israeli group Peace Now, which monitors building in settlements, says government-backed projects make up only 40% of construction and that building has been continuing on the ground in many places.

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/8221559.stm

Published: 2009/08/26 15:27:14 GMT

August 26, 2009 at 4:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

36:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/36tenkingsofrev13.htm

44:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/44the8thkingofrev.htm  

58:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/58relavenceofjer13.htm   

61:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/61zechariah56.htm

66:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/66ukusashepherd.htm

71:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/71scoffersinthelastdays.htm

72:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/72howezekiel16.htm

74:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/74theflamingsword.htm

83:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/83thelast7yearsof70.htm

84:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/841948beganthecountdown.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8242387.stm

Obama Mid-East plans in jeopardy

Page last updated at 14:53 GMT, Monday, 7 September 2009 15:53 UK

By Roger Hardy

BBC Middle East analyst

President Obama is hoping to re-launch Middle East peace talks

One of US President Barack Obama's most important foreign policy initiatives is in jeopardy.

The Netanyahu government in Israel has approved the building of 455 new homes for settlers in the West Bank - in defiance of Mr Obama's call for a complete settlement freeze.

One former US diplomat with extensive experience of the Middle East calls it "a huge slap in the face" for the Obama administration.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is trying to have it both ways.

He wants to appease the settler lobby by allowing new construction, and to appease the Americans by finalising an agreement on a temporary freeze.

But he is in danger of satisfying no-one.

The White House has been quick to condemn the new announcement.

A Palestinian spokesman, Saeb Erakat, said the Israeli decision "nullifies any effect that a settlement freeze, when and if announced, will have".

Even the settlers and their supporters are unimpressed.

One Israeli analyst - quoted by the French news agency AFP - called the announcement "a sedative given to the settler lobby before proceeding with the painful operation of freezing settlements".

Good intentions

On the Middle East, as on other issues, Barack Obama entered the White House full of good intentions.

WEST BANK SETTLEMENTS

Construction of settlements began in 1967, shortly after the Middle East War

Some 280,000 Israelis now live in the 121 officially-recognised settlements in the West Bank

A further 190,000 Israelis live in settlements in occupied East Jerusalem

The largest West Bank settlement is Modiin Illit, where 38,000 people live

There are a further 102 unauthorised outposts in the West Bank which are not officially recognised by Israel

The population of West Bank settlements has been growing at a rate of 5-6% since 2001

Source: Peace Now

Challenge of Israeli settlements

The Bush administration had neglected the peace process. He would revive it.

Mr Bush had shunned Iran and Syria. Mr Obama would talk to them.

But like other presidents before him, he has discovered how resistant the region's problems are to solution.

Mr Obama, and his tireless Middle East special envoy George Mitchell, are still struggling to achieve some sort of breakthrough before 23 September.

That's when the president is expected to address the new session of the UN General Assembly.

He would like to use the occasion for a three-way meeting in New York with Mr Netanyahu and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas.

This would set the seal on the re-launch of Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.

Question of credibility

But, with little more than two weeks to go, the pieces of the puzzle are stubbornly refusing to fall into place.

Mr Mitchell is due to return to Israel in a few days, for one more shot at finalising a settlement freeze.

But even if there is deal, this will not be the "complete" freeze Mr Obama has been calling for. The signs are that it would be temporary - for six to nine months - and would exclude Jerusalem.

Would that entice the Arabs into the game?

Mr Abbas says that without a meaningful freeze he won't resume talks.

The Arab states would be reluctant to take even modest steps towards normalising relations with Israel, as the Americans are urging them to.

Failure in the Middle East would damage Mr Obama's credibility.

As he grapples with the domestically difficult issue of healthcare and with an unpopular war in Afghanistan, many would conclude that he had bitten off more than he can chew.

September 8, 2009 at 3:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

36:

44:

58:

61:

66:

71:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/71scoffersinthelastdays.htm

72:

74:

83:

84:

http://www.freewebs.com/bodyofyahshuakeptinyahvehsname/841948beganthecountdown

No settlement freeze - Netanyahu

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8255244.stm

Page last updated at 19:58 GMT, Monday, 14 September 2009 20:58 UK

The Palestinian leadership insists settlement construction must stop

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has rebuffed US demands for a total freeze on settlement building in the West Bank.

He is quoted as saying he had told Washington he would instead consider "scaling down construction".

US Mid-East envoy George Mitchell is in the region to finalise terms for renewed peace talks.

The Palestinians have said they will not take part unless Israel stops all construction in its settlements.

The US hopes the Israeli and Palestinian leaders can meet on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly meeting in New York later this month.

After talks with Israeli President Shimon Peres on Sunday, Mr Mitchell said they were working hard to reach agreement on "many outstanding issues".

The US envoy had been set to meet Mr Netanyahu on Monday, but talks were delayed so both men could attend the funeral of an Israeli air force pilot.

Lt Assaf Ramon - son of Ilan Ramon, the Israeli astronaut killed in the 2003 Columbia space shuttle disaster - died when his fighter jet crashed in the West Bank on Sunday.

'Strike a balance'

Mr Netanyahu is reported to have laid out his position on settlement construction to the Knesset's Security and Foreign Affairs committee on Monday.

Jerusalem is not a settlement, and construction there will continue as usual

Benjamin Netanyahu

Obama Mid-East plans in jeopardy

He told them that Mr Mitchell had requested a complete halt to the building work.

"We made clear that we will build 2,500 housing units which are already in construction," Mr Netanyahu is quoted as saying by a parliamentary official.

"A few days ago, we confirmed 450 additional housing units. I told the Americans that we shall consider scaling down construction."

He said Israel would strike a balance between offering a gesture that would help restart peace negotiations and ensuring a "normal life" for residents in the West Bank settlements.

He also said that any scaling down of construction would be "for a temporary period", not as yet agreed with the Americans.

"The Palestinians expected a complete halt to construction, a freeze, now it is clear that will not be," he went on to say. "Jerusalem is not a settlement, and construction there will continue as usual."

In a statement late Monday, Mr Netanyahu's office said no meeting for peace talks had been set.

But his office added he was ready to move forward a visit to New York, currently set for 23 September, if necessary to enable dialogue.

The US has been preparing a package for peace talks that would see Israel halt settlement construction and Arab nations that have no peace deal with Israel take the first steps towards recognising Israel.

Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas insists he will not meet his Israeli counterparts until there is a freeze on the settlement of occupied territory, which is illegal under international law.

When news emerged of Israel's plan to build 450 new homes last week, he said there was no point attending a summit with Mr Netanyahu.

Sabri Seidam, an aide to Mr Abbas, told reporters: "Israel has to stop stalling and focus on creating the atmosphere for a resumption of the peace process.

"Its sole track should lead to the establishment of the Palestinian state."

Regarding other Arab states' recognition of Israel, a former Saudi ambassador to the US, Turki al-Faisal, wrote in the New York Times that diplomatic ties could be renewed "only after they [Israel] have released their grip on Arab lands".

Mr Abbas and the Israel prime minister are due to hold separate talks with Mr Mitchell on Tuesday.

Israeli-Palestinian peace talks have been suspended since December.

September 14, 2009 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Read articles:

36:

44:

58:

61:

66:

71:

72:

74:

83:

84:

Abbas 'will not seek re-election'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8344687.stm

Page last updated at 21:25 GMT, Thursday, 5 November 2009

Mahmoud Abbas rules himself out of January's elections

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas has announced that he will not seek re-election in polls in January.

In a televised speech, Mr Abbas said the impasse in efforts to resume peace negotiations with Israel had prompted his decision not to run again.

But he reiterated his belief that peace with Israel was "still possible".

Correspondents say Mr Abbas could stay in post for some time, however, as the election may be postponed because Hamas says it will not allow a vote in Gaza.

The White House meanwhile hailed Mr Abbas as a "true partner" for the US, but refused to discuss the implications for peace.

This decision does not at all amount to bargaining or political manoeuvring

Mahmoud Abbas

Palestinian Authority president

US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said she looked forward to working with him in "any new capacity".

Mrs Clinton said she and Mr Abbas had discussed his political future during her visit to the Middle East last week.

"He reiterated his personal commitment to do whatever he can to achieve a two-state solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict... I look forward to working with President Abbas in any new capacity in order to help achieve this goal," she said.

Settlements issue

Speaking in Ramallah, Mr Abbas announced that he had no intention of standing in the presidential election scheduled for 24 January in the West Bank and Gaza.

MAHMOUD ABBAS

Born in Safed in British Mandate Palestine (now northern Israel) in 1935; studied law in Egypt and gained doctorate in Moscow

A founder member, with Yasser Arafat, of Palestinian political faction Fatah

Held security role within the PLO in the early 1970s

Appointed head of the PLO's department for national and international relations in 1980

Widely regarded as an architect of the 1993 Oslo Peace Accords

In January 2005, elected president of the Palestinian Authority

Profile: Mahmoud Abbas

"I have informed brothers in [the PLO and Fatah] that I do not wish to present my candidacy in the forthcoming presidential election," he said.

"This decision does not at all amount to bargaining or political manoeuvring... It is worth noting that I shall take other steps when the time comes."

The 74-year-old leader accused the US of backtracking on its Middle East policy and refusing to persuade Israel to freeze the construction of Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank.

"We were optimistic when [US] President [Barack] Obama announced the need for a complete halt to settlements including natural growth," he said. "We were surprised by his [later] support for the Israeli position."

Nevertheless, Mr Abbas said Washington still had a pivotal role to play in eventually achieving peace in the region, which he was confident would happen.

"The two-state solution with Israel and Palestine living side-by-side in peace and security is still possible," he added.

Faltering peace

The BBC's Middle East editor, Jeremy Bowen, says the decision is another serious blow to the US government's unravelling Middle East policy.

Its strategy is faltering, and without President Abbas it will come to a dead stop while would-be successors compete for power, he says.

Mr Abbas took over as head of the PLO after Yasser Arafat died in 2004, and became Palestinian Authority president a year later.

But he has struggled to make headway towards a peace deal in negotiations with Israel, amid deadlock over the issue of Israeli settlements.

He has also faced rivalry from the Hamas movement, which won legislative elections in January 2006 and ousted Fatah from Gaza.

In recent months Egypt has tried to broker a unity deal between Hamas and Fatah but its efforts have been unsuccessful so far.

Mr Abbas had said he would call elections even if no unity deal was reached.

The four-year term of the Palestinian Legislative Council, or parliament, is due to expire in January 2010, at which time fresh elections must be held, according to the Palestinian constitution.

Mr Abbas' presidential term expired earlier this year.

November 5, 2009 at 5:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:4:10:Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! surely THOU hast greatly deceived thispeople and Yahushalayim, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the swordreacheth unto the soul.

YirmiYah/Jeremiah:6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY peopleslightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

1Thessalonians:5:3:For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destructioncometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shallnot escape.

Revelation:13:1:And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out ofthe sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns tencrowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Re:17:3:So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw awoman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy,having seven heads and ten horns.

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hasttaught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrowstake thee, as a woman in travail?

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12:Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how longwilt THOU not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Yahudah,against which THOU hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

Zec:12:2:Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the peopleround about, when they shall be in the siege both against Yahudah andagainst Jerusalem.

Zec:12:3:And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for allpeople: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces,though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Re:9:15:And the four malakim were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, anda day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

Daniy'Yah/Daniel:11:44:But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him:therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly tomake away many.

Matit'Yah-haLeviy/Matthew:23:37: O Yahushalam, Yahushalam, thou that killest theprophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would Ihave gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth herchickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Read articles:

36:

44:

58:

61:

66:

71:

72:

74:

83:

84:

Rabbis to US Ambassador: Time to 'Go Biblical' with Arabs 

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/135283

Tevet 13, 5770, 30 December 09 08:58

by Gil Ronen

(Israelnationalnews.com) A delegation of the Rabbinical Congress for Peace(RCP) met with U.S. Ambassador to Israel, Mr. James Cunningham, today andcalled for a reassessment of the entire U.S. policy vis-à-vis the Israelis andPalestinians. The rabbis told Ambassador Cunningham that it was time to try theBiblical approach to the dispute over the Land of Israel.

"The past 17 years have proven without a shadow of a doubt that everysquare inch ceded by Israelto the Palestinians was transformed into a platform of hatred andterrorism," RCP Director Rabbi Avrohom Shmuel Lewin told the ambassador."In other words, the 'land for peace' formula in the Israel-Palestiniancontext, besides being a formula that goes against the Divine will, isineffective, obsolete, and an exercise in futility. Most of all it is adangerous policy that only leads to bloodshed and instability in the region andharms vital American interests in the region as well," Lewin said.

'Land for peace doesn't work'

The delegation was headed by Rabbi Joseph Gerlitzky, Chairman of the RCP,who is also the Rabbi of Central Tel Aviv where the US embassy is located. RabbiGerlitzky presented the ambassador with the Halachic (Jewish legal) rulingsigned by over 350 prominent rabbis in Israelthat it is forbidden to give up even one inch of territory controlled by Israel todaybecause it will bring bloodshed and instability to the region.

"In the name of the overwhelming majority of rabbis in Israel," he said, "we request of youMr. Ambassador, to convey our Halachic message to President Barack Obama thatit is time for a complete reversal and reassessment of U.S. policy in the Middle East. The 'land for peace' policy never worked and harms U.S. interestsin the region and the world at large."

Left to right: Rabbi Sholom Gold, Mr. Marc Sievers of the US Embassy,Rabbi Dov Lior, Rabbi Joseph Gerlitzky, Ambassador James Cunningham, RabbiMoshe Havlin, Rabbi Avrohom S. Lewin. The Rabbis handed  the ambassador aHalachic Ruling signed by over 350 rabbis in Israelthat forbids giving up land controlled by Israel today.   

The ambassador was visibly moved by Rabbi Sholom Gold, a leading rabbi in Jerusalem, who describedthe suffering that the Jewish People have endured ever since the implementationof the Oslo Accords and the agreements that followed. "It's all a play ofwords, there is no peace process," he said. "From the day that westarted conceding and withdrawing we did not have one day of rest and peace.Why should our enemies want to make peace with us when they see that withterrorism they get what they want? Even the U.S.,Israel'ssupposedly best friend, sides with them in demanding a freeze and evacuation ofsettlements. Is the triumph of Arab terror one of American interests?"Gold asked.

Going Biblical

Rabbi Dov Lior, the Rabbi of Kiryat Arba-Hevron, said: "G-d gave the US the power and influence to affect the rest ofthe world and supporting Israelis the key to America'ssuccess."

Ambassador Cunningham told the rabbis that he does not see how the problemcan be solved “without taking into consideration the Palestinians,” to whichRabbi Gold remarked: "Ever since we started taking the Palestinians intoconsideration the situation only worsened."

The ambassador asked the rabbis, "So what is your solution to theproblem?"

Rabbi Gerlitzky replied: "You must switch the entire approach to thesituation. We all believe in the Holy Bible and up until now we tried everyformula except for that which is delineated in the Bible. Let's try it and whoknows, Mr. Ambassador, maybe this is your defining moment, that G-d Almightyhas placed you in this capacity in order to precipitate a new course which willbring a true peace to the entire region." 

December 31, 2009 at 11:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:4:10:Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! surely THOU hast greatly deceived thispeople and Yahushalayim, saying, Ye shall have peace; whereas the swordreacheth unto the soul.

YirmiYah/Jeremiah:6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY peopleslightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

1Thessalonians:5:3:For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destructioncometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shallnot escape.

Revelation:13:1:And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out ofthe sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns tencrowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Re:17:3:So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw awoman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy,having seven heads and ten horns.

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21: What wilt thou say when HE shall punish thee? for thou hasttaught them to be captains, and as chief over thee: shall not sorrowstake thee, as a woman in travail?

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12:Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how longwilt THOU not have mercy on Jerusalem and on the cities of Yahudah,against which THOU hast had indignation these threescore and ten years?

Zec:12:2:Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the peopleround about, when they shall be in the siege both against Yahudah andagainst Jerusalem.

Zec:12:3:And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for allpeople: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces,though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Re:9:15:And the four malakim were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, anda day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

Daniy'Yah/Daniel:11:44:But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him:therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly tomake away many.

Matit'Yah-haLeviy/Matthew:23:37: O Yahushalam, Yahushalam, thou that killest theprophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would Ihave gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth herchickens under her wings, and ye would not!

Read articles:

36:

44:

58:

61:

66:

71:

72:

74:

83:

84:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8547240.stm

Arab ministers back peace talks

Arab foreign ministers have agreed to back the resumption of indirect Palestinian-Israeli talks, which could see fresh negotiations soon.

The move was quickly welcomed by the Israelis and comes after months of separate negotiations between the US and both sides.

But speaking at a meeting in Cairo, the foreign ministers said there must be a four-month time limit to the talks.

Talks between the two sides have been stalled for more than a year.

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas said he would accept the decision of the Arab foreign ministers and the principle of indirect talks.

The Palestine Liberation Organisation must now agree to the proposal for it to go ahead. The organisation is due to meet at the end of this week.

Time limit

Mark Regev, a spokesman for Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, said the move was welcome.

ANALYSIS

Paul Wood, BBC News, Jerusalem

It was Mr Abbas who called for this meeting and it has now given him the desired result. He leaves Cairo with a face-saving measure to extricate himself from a position he had put himself in (with a little help from the White House, which has also caved in to Israel on the settlement issue).

This may help him in particular with public opinion in the West Bank, but Mr Abbas has still been left looking pretty weak by what is in reality a U-turn. It comes about after pressure from the US, Egypt and Jordan for some kind of talks to restart.

These will be so-called proximity talks - indirect negotiations. They will probably involve a US mediator shuttling between Jerusalem and Ramallah, the seat of the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank.

Palestinian officials are not optimistic. They say there has in effect already been a year of shuttle diplomacy with the US special envoy George Mitchell's efforts to restart the peace process.

"Prime Minister Netanyahu has been calling for the resumption of talks for some time and we hope now the talks can move forward," he said.

But the Arab foreign ministers said there should be a limited timeframe for the talks to be held to prevent them stalling.

"The committee [of foreign ministers] does not object to indirect negotiations and, if nothing is achieved four months from now, the issue will be taken to the UN Security Council," Syrian ambassador to the Arab League, Yusef Ahmed said.

A Palestinian spokesman said that direct talks between the two sides were still not an option.

The issues of the construction of Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank and who will control East Jerusalem have proved stumbling blocks.

The Palestinians have demanded a complete halt to settlement building, the Israeli prime minister has promised a 10-month pause in building.

Palestinians want East Jerusalem as the capital of a future Palestinian state, but the Israeli government says Jerusalem is "eternal and indivisible".

Peace talks broke down after the Israeli incursion into the Gaza Strip between December 2008 and January 2009.

The attempt to restart what are known as "proximity talks" has been driven by the US, whose envoy, former senator George Mitchell, has visited the Middle East many times in the past year.

In recent weeks Palestinian leaders have increased their condemnation of Israel following an announcement that the Israeli government would list two West Bank shrines as "Israeli heritage sites".

Story from BBC NEWS:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/2/hi/middle_east/8547240.stm

Published: 2010/03/03 12:56:04 GMT

March 3, 2010 at 6:19 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Updated 02/12/6992 [5770] 3rd day of the week (04/27/10)

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:4:10:Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yahushalayim, saying, You shall have peace; where as the sword reachs to the life.

YirmiYah/Jeremiah:6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

1Thessalonians:5:3: For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail on a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Revelation:13:1: And I stood on the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads the name of blasphemy.

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the Ruach into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit on a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21: What will you say when HE shall punish you? for you have taught them to be captains, and as chief over you: shall not sorrows take you, as a woman in travail?

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against YOUR people, and consulted against YOUR hidden ones.

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12:Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long will YOU not have compassion on Yahushalam and on the cities of Yahudah, against which YOU have had indignation these seventy years?

Zec:12:2: Behold, I will make Yahushalam a cup of trembling to all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Yahudah and against Yahushalam.

Zec:12:3: And in that day will I make Yahushalam a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Revelation:9:12: One woe is past; and, observe, there come two woes more here after.

Re:9:14: Saying to the sixth malak which had the trumpet, Loose the four malakiym which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

Re:9:15:And the four malakiym were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

Matit'Yah-haLeviy/Matthew:23:37: O Yahushalam, Yahushalam, you that kill the prophets/Nabiym, and stone them which are sent to you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and you all would not!

M't:23:38: Behold, your house is left to you desolate.

M't:23:39: For I say to you, You all shall not see Me from here on, till you all shall say, Barak is He that comes in the name of YaHVeH.

Read articles:

36:

44:

58:

61:

66:

71:

72:

74:

83:

84:

Israel demolishes ‘Obama's Shack’

Move comes amid signs Mideast peace talks could resume

By DANIELLA CHESLOW

updated 2 hours, 22 minutes ago

04/27/10

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36806605/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

JERUSALEM - Israeli security forces demolished a handful of illegal structures in West Bank settlements Tuesday, including a wooden bunker that hard-line Jewish activists had defiantly named after President Barack Obama.

Israeli forces also clashed with Palestinian protesters opposed to construction of Israel's West Bank separation barrier. In one incident, paramilitary border police wrestled a teenage boy to the ground, then fired pepper spray directly into his face to subdue him. The youth, screaming in pain, was then arrested.

Nine structures in Jewish settlements were removed, including a wooden bunker north of Jerusalem known as "Obama's Shack," Israeli military officials said. Young settlers threw burning tires at security forces in another location, and two people were arrested.

The crackdown coincided with growing signs that Israel and the Palestinians are on the verge of resuming peace talks after a breakdown of more than a year.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday that he will discuss resuming the talks with Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak when he travels early next week to Egypt, which is a key mediator between the sides.

On Monday, Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas signaled he is ready to start indirect negotiations.

"I heard with satisfaction that the Palestinian Authority president intends to resume talks," Netanyahu said at a convention of his Likud party. "I will be happy if this happens next week. We are committed to a real peace process."

Goodwill gestures

The Obama administration has urged Israel to make goodwill gestures since it announced plans for a contentious housing project in disputed east Jerusalem last month. The announcement, coming during a visit by Vice President Joe Biden, set off a diplomatic crisis between Israel and Washington and prompted the Palestinians to call off the start of indirect peace talks.

Authorities said the structures demolished Tuesday had been built in violation of a 10-month freeze on new construction in West Bank settlements.

Netanyahu announced the freeze in November under pressure from Obama, who opposes settlement construction in the West Bank and east Jerusalem — captured lands that the Palestinians claim for a future state.

Netanyahu has repeatedly said he will not freeze construction in east Jerusalem. Israel considers the area, home to sensitive Jewish, Muslim and Christian holy sites, part of its eternal, undivided capital.

But this week, Jerusalem municipal officials said Netanyahu has imposed an unofficial freeze in east Jerusalem since the dispute with Biden erupted on March 9. Netanyahu has not commented publicly on the claims.

April 27, 2010 at 5:31 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:4:10:Then said I, Ah, Rabbi YaHVeH! surely THOU hast greatly deceived this people and Yahushalayim, saying, You shall have peace; where as the sword reachs to the life.

YirmiYah/Jeremiah:6:14: They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of MY people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

1Thessalonians:5:3: For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes on them, as travail on a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

Revelation:13:1: And I stood on the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and on his horns ten crowns, and on his heads the name of blasphemy.

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the Ruach into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit on a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Yirmi'Yah/Jeremiah:13:21: What will you say when HE shall punish you? for you have taught them to be captains, and as chief over you: shall not sorrows take you, as a woman in travail?

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against YOUR people, and consulted against YOUR hidden ones.

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12:Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long will YOU not have compassion on Yahushalam and on the cities of Yahudah, against which YOU have had indignation these seventy years?

Zec:12:2: Behold, I will make Yahushalam a cup of trembling to all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Yahudah and against Yahushalam.

Zec:12:3: And in that day will I make Yahushalam a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Revelation:9:12: One woe is past; and, observe, there come two woes more here after.

Re:9:14: Saying to the sixth malak which had the trumpet, Loose the four malakiym which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

Re:9:15:And the four malakiym were loosed, which were prepared for an hour, and a day, and a month, and a year, for to slay the third part of men.

Matit'Yah-haLeviy/Matthew:23:37: O Yahushalam, Yahushalam, you that kill the prophets/Nabiym, and stone them which are sent to you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and you all would not!

M't:23:39: For I say to you, You all shall not see Me from here on, till you all shall say, Barak is He that comes in the name of YaHVeH.

Read articles:

36:

44:

58:

61:

66:

71:

72:

74:

83:

84:

Mitchell: US Wants Comprehensive Middle East Peace

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/Flash.aspx/187516

Sivan 21, 5770, 03 June 10 11:02

(Israelnationalnews.com) Middle East Envoy George Mitchell of the United States said Thursday evening that the goal of the United States under President Barack Obama is clearly comprehensive peace in the Middle East. Speaking at the office of Defense Minister Ehud Barak in Tel Aviv, the former senator said that includes peace between Israel and the Palestinian Authority, Lebanon and Syria, as well as normalization of relations.

He said the U.S. is firm in its intent to invest energy and effort toward this goal.

June 3, 2010 at 6:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Re:17:3: So he carried me away in the Ruach into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit on a scarlet colored beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.

Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against YOUR people, and consulted against YOUR hidden ones.

Zechar'Yah/Zechariah:1:12:Then the malak of YaHVeH answered and said, O YaHVeH of hosts, how long will YOU not have compassion on Yahushalam and on the cities of Yahudah, against which YOU have had indignation these seventy years?

Zec:12:2: Behold, I will make Yahushalam a cup of trembling to all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Yahudah and against Yahushalam.

Zec:12:3: And in that day will I make Yahushalam a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Matit'Yah-haLeviy/Matthew:23:37: O Yahushalam, Yahushalam, you that kill the prophets/Nabiym, and stone them which are sent to you, how often would I have gathered your children together, even as a hen gathers her chickens under her wings, and you all would not!

M't:23:39: For I say to you, You all shall not see Me from here on, till you all shall say, Barak is He that comes in the name of YaHVeH.

Read articles:

36:

44:

58:

61:

66:

71:

72:

74:

83:

84:

Netanyahu: Where's Abbas?

Tammuz 26, 5770, 08 July 10 01:35

by Hillel Fendel

(Israelnationalnews.com) Speaking on the ABC network's "Good Morning America" program, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu sidestepped questions about whether he would extend the construction freeze, and repeated numerous times that Palestinian Authority Chairman Mahmoud Abbas must agree to face-to-face talks with Israel. He also provided Israel's nationalist camp with reason for concern.

Interviewer George Stephanopoulos began the talk by noting the very warm and friendly reception Mr. and Mrs. Netanyahu received from U.S. President Barack Obama and his wife. He then asked, "What concrete steps are you prepared to take" to advance the peace process with the Palestinian Authority?

Netanyahu noted that Israel and the US had recently come "closer together" on several issues, most notably on "how to make sure to clarify to the world that America's policy regarding the NPT… vis-a-vis Israel stands firm in the way that it's always stood."

"But the main thing that came out of these very good discussions I had with the President," Netanyahu said, "is that we want to advance peace. And the simplest way to advance peace is to put aside all the grievances and all the preconditions and all the excuses that have been put up to prevent me and President Abbas of the Palestinian Authority from sitting down."

Netanyahu reiterated that he's "ready to sit down with him in Jerusalem, in Ramallah - that's 10 minutes away from my office - to discuss peace without preconditions. And if we do it, we can defy the world."

Next Move is Israel's

Stephanopoulos appeared to take it as a given that the next move in the "peace process" must be taken by Israel. He said, "You did say you were prepared to take concrete steps to advance this process. You know the Palestinians need to see that. What are you prepared to do? More security autonomy for the Palestinians on the West Bank? Prisoner releases? Are you willing to extend the settlement freeze past its deadline of September? "

Netanyahu mentioned three areas in which Israel has come towards the PA, saying Israel has "done quite a bit in relaxing hundreds of roadblocks and checkpoints," as well as "I've talked about my vision of peace of a demilitarized Palestinian state that recognizes the Jewish State of Israel." The third item was the freeze: "We adopted a moratorium seven months ago for the Palestinians to enter the talks. They haven't so far done that."

"Abbas Should Shake My Hand"

He implied that there could be "additional easing of movements" and economic projects – "but what we want to see finally is one thing. We want President Abbas to grasp my hand, get into a room, shake it, sit down and negotiate a final settlement of peace between Israel and the Palestinians."

Netanyahu repeated several more times his seemingly innocuous hope that Abbas would agree to direct talks, and added his insistence on "very strong security arrangements so that the areas that we vacate do not turn into Iranian strongholds for flying rockets and sending terrorists against us," as has occurred in Gaza and Lebanon.

But he also added some side remarks that aroused some concern among his nationalist-camp supporters back home: "There will be risks for us, for me, also for my country… I'm confident that if I'm convinced that our security needs are met, I think I can bring the peace that the majority of the people of Israel will support."

What's a Majority?

For one thing, it is not clear how such a "majority" would be measured. In the past, the Oslo Accords were passed in the Knesset by a one-vote majority; the decisive vote was swayed by the promise of a Mitsubishi. In 2005, Ariel Sharon promised to hold a referendum among Likud voters to decide whether to carry out the Disengagement from Gush Katif; the majority voted against the withdrawal, but Sharon ignored the vote and pulled it off anyway.

In addition, Netanyahu's confidence that he "can bring the peace that the majority of Israel will support" implies that the PA will support it as well. However, PA leaders have made it clear that 98% of Judea and Samaria is too little for them, that rights of millions of Arabs to "return" to Israel must be recognized, and that Gaza and Judea/Samaria do not intend to be merged anytime soon. It is therefore not clear what type of peace Netanyahu envisions.

Extend the Freeze? Netanyahu: "Realities May Change..."

Stephanopoulos asked, "What exactly do you need to see from the Palestinians in order to extend that settlement freeze past the deadline in September?" Netanyahu said: "We discussed the concrete steps that need to be taken… literally in the next few days and weeks to finally begin these direct negotiations for peace. I think once we get there, realities may change…"

July 8, 2010 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.