Make the Way Straight

makethewaystraight.com

Message Boards

Forum Home > General Discussion > Re:13:2: And the beast which I saw was like... the feet of a bear,...

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Revelation/Galah Raz:13:2: And the beast which I saw was like... the feet of a bear...

07/14/6991* [5771] 6th day of the week [09/24/10]

Updated 04/01/6992* [5771] 1st day of the week [07/03/11]

Updated 10/09/6992* [5772] 4th day of the week [01/03/12]

Updated 10/05/6994* [5774] 1st day of the week [12/08/13]

Updated 04/07/6995* [5774] 1st day of the week [07/06/14]

Updated 12/11/6995* [5775] 3rd day of the week [03/03/15]

Updated 01/10/6996* [5775] 1st day of the week [03/29/15]

Updated 04/29/6996* [5775] 3rd day of the week [07/14/15]

*Time has been set back one year to adjust for House of Yudah's membership into the UN in 1949 CE. Originally I had the time set at 1948 CE when they became a nation, but I see now that they did not put themselves under the Babylonian king’s thumb until 1949 CE. In Yirmiyah 25:12 and Daniy'Yah 9:2, YaHVeH has established a 70 year time line for the king of Babylon to be destroyed.

1 Corinthians: 13:12: For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Scripture is taken from KJV and Revised Standard and edited to remove blasphemous names (Rev. 17:3), words and titles and to give a more Iybriy/Hebrew rooted understanding; edited also because the "Mother of Harlots" has inserted these names to cover up the names of YaHVeH/יהוה and HIS Ben Yahvshua/יהושׁוּע, and to counterfeit a Babylonian Greco-Roman "god", "lord" "Jesus" "Christ"…etc. and promote its demonic idolatrous pagan customs and "holidays" by replacing YaHVeH's Sabbaths (Dan. 7:25).

Daniy'yah/Daniel: 2:32: This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

Daniel: 7:5: And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up it self on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it:and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

Revelation/Raz Galah/Secrets Revealed: 6:5: And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say,Come and see.And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

Re:6:6: And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see you hurt not the oil and the wine.

Revelation: 6:5 - 6 deals with economy, highly effected by oil, hence the black horse with balances.

Revelation: 13:1: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Re:13:2: And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

T'hiyliym/Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against YOUR people, and consulted against YOUR hidden ones.

Yirmiyah/Jeremiah: 13:21: What will you say when HE shall punish you? For you have taught them to be captains, and as chief over you: shall not sorrows take you, as a woman in travail?

Articles to read:

33: http://www.makethewaystraight.com/33endtimescenario.htm

36: http://www.makethewaystraight.com/36tenkingsofrev13.htm

44: http://www.makethewaystraight.com/44the8thkingofrev.htm

Iran = Persia = Bear of Daniel Chapter 7 and the feet of the bear on the beast of Revelation Chapter 13.

Rouhani Vows to Breach Iran Deal with Missile Sales

After threatening war if deal fails, Iran's president says 'we will trade rockets and won't wait for any permission,' despite UN resolution.

By Ari Yashar

First Publish: 8/23/2015, 11:44 AM

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/199792#.VdmcupfZH-s

The Iran nuclear deal sealed last month stipulates that the UN embargo on conventional weapons will continue another five years, and missile sanctions will remain for another eight years - but Iranian President Hassan Rouhani vowed Saturday to breach those conditions of the deal.

"We will purchase weapons from wherever we deem necessary and we are not waiting for anyone's permission; if we deem necessary we will sell our weapons and we will do this without paying attention to any resolution," Rouhani said at a National Defense Industry Day ceremony according to the semi-official Fars News Agency.

The comment comes after Rouhani threatened war if the Iran nuclear deal fails, saying, "Iran's strategy is based on defense and deterrence. The first line is diplomats and the second line is generals. Diplomats should be backed by generals. If they fail, it is the generals' turn to come forward."

Critics of the deal already have condemned the agreement for weakening the restrictions on the missile trade of the leading state sponsor of terror, but Rouhani's latest remarks indicate he doesn't intend to even wait for the deal to remove the embargoes and sanctions.

While the UN Security Council resolution adopting the nuclear deal stipulates that the transfer to Iran of ballistic missile technology during the next eight years will be subject to the approval of the council, US President Barack Obama's administration has said it would veto that request.

Rouhani continued on Saturday, saying, "there is a high-speed movement towards self-sufficiency in the defense industry sector. We pursue the policy of détente, convergence and confidence-building with the world, yet this policy does not run counter to our defensive power and industry."

Iran has made clear it intends to breach another section of the agreement, when it vowed to flout the part of the UN resolution that adopted the nuclear deal in which Iran is required not to test long-range ballistic missiles that can be used to carry a nuclear payload.

Iranian Revolutionary Guards (IRGC) Aerospace Force Commander Brig. Gen. Amir Ali Hajizadeh was quoted by Fars on Friday reiterating the promise to hold ballistic missile tests in breach of the UN resolution.

"The IRGC Aerospace Force will hold a large-scale ballistic missiles war-games soon," Hajizadeh vowed.

Despite its protestations to the contrary, Iran's domestic long-range ballistic missiles are in fact nuclear capable according to international reports, particularly the Shahab 3 and Sejjil 2.

During the annual Defense Industry Day, a new fighter jet meant to combat Israel was deployed to the Iranian Air Force. Likewise a new advanced missile was unveiled, as was a satellite launcher that experts estimate paves the way for Iran's development of intercontinental ballistic missiles (ICBM).

August 23, 2015 at 5:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Revelation/Galah Raz:13:2: And the beast which I saw was like... the feet of a bear...

*Time has been set back one year to adjust for House of Yudah's membership into the UN in 1949 CE. Originally I had the time set at 1948 CE when they became a nation, but I see now that they did not put themselves under the Babylonian king’s thumb until 1949 CE. In Yirmiyah 25:12 and Daniy'Yah 9:2, YaHVeH has established a 70 year time line for the king of Babylon to be destroyed.

1 Corinthians: 13:12: For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Scripture is taken from KJV and Revised Standard and edited to remove blasphemous names (Rev. 17:3), words and titles and to give a more Iybriy/Hebrew rooted understanding; edited also because the "Mother of Harlots" has inserted these names to cover up the names of YaHVeH/יהוה and HIS Ben Yahvshua/יהושׁוּע, and to counterfeit a Babylonian Greco-Roman "god", "lord" "Jesus" "Christ"…etc. and promote its demonic idolatrous pagan customs and "holidays" by replacing YaHVeH's Sabbaths (Dan. 7:25).

Daniy'yah/Daniel: 2:32: This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass,

Daniel: 7:5: And behold another beast, a second, like to a bear, and it raised up it self on one side, and it had three ribs in the mouth of it between the teeth of it:and they said thus unto it, Arise, devour much flesh.

Revelation/Raz Galah/Secrets Revealed: 6:5: And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say,Come and see.And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.

Re:6:6: And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see you hurt not the oil and the wine.

Revelation: 6:5 - 6 deals with economy, highly effected by oil, hence the black horse with balances.

Revelation: 13:1: And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

Re:13:2: And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

T'hiyliym/Psalms:83:3: They have taken crafty counsel against YOUR people, and consulted against YOUR hidden ones.

Yirmiyah/Jeremiah: 13:21: What will you say when HE shall punish you? For you have taught them to be captains, and as chief over you: shall not sorrows take you, as a woman in travail?

Articles to read:

Iran = Persia = Bear of Daniel Chapter 7 and the feet of the bear on the beast of Revelation Chapter 13.

Iran warns Turkey: Don't renew ties with Israel

Iranian official says that Turkey restoring ties with Israel goes against the rights of the Palestinian people.

By Elad Benari

First Publish: 12/22/2015, 3:16 AM

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/205284#.VnnSO1K33E1

Iran on Monday chimed in on the reports that Israel and Turkey are set to normalize ties, asking the Turkish government to rethink the idea.

Speaking to reporters in Tehran and quoted by the semiofficial Fars news agency, Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hossein Jaber Ansari warned Turkey about attempts to resume relations with Israel, claiming that doing so would be against the rights of Palestinian Arabs.

"The Muslim governments should adopt policies which meet their and the Islamic Ummah's interests as well as the rights of the Palestinian nation," he said.

"The Turkish government shouldn’t pursue a different path (in relations) with the Quds occupying regime under such conditions that its relations with the neighboring governments have gone under certain developments," Jaber Ansari added, according to Fars.

Last week it was reported that Israel and Turkey, in secret talks in Switzerland, had reached "understandings" to normalize ties that were downgraded following the 2010 Mavi Marmara incident.

According to those reported understandings, the deal would have Israel pay compensation to the families of the radical activists on board the flotilla who attacked IDF soldiers with lethal force, and would also launch talks on natural gas exports to Turkey. Turkey, in return, will not allow terrorist activity on its soil, and will not allow Hamas leader Salah Al-Arouri to enter the country.

On Sunday, the deputy chairman of Turkey’s ruling AKP party, said that no deal had yet been signed to normalize relations with Israel, though he stressed that Turkey viewed the Israeli people as “friends” and its criticism was solely directed at the Israeli government and its “extreme and illegitimate” policies.

Meanwhile, Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu made clear on Monday that Israel will not remove the blockade on Gaza as part of a rapprochement deal with Turkey.

"We still don't have understandings and we aren't there for a simple reason: there are topics that interest us, such as Hamas activity, but that's not enough for us, we want to ensure that there won't be any terrorist activity from Turkish territory," he stressed.

"They (Turkey) argued against the blockade on Gaza and of course we don't intend to change our naval blockade policy," said Netanyahu. "Even though Israel is the country that transfers the (goods for the) existence and rehabilitation of the Gaza Strip, we cannot give up on our security."

December 22, 2015 at 6:01 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

Khamenei: The Americans are trying to destroy Islam

Iran's Supreme Leader warns against Americans who, he claims, are trying to create divisions among Muslims.

By Ben Ariel

First Publish: 12/30/2015, 6:42 AM

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/205691#.VoQQ4FK33E0

The United States is seeking to destroy Islamic civilization and Iranians should be aware of that, the country’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei warned on Tuesday.

"One of the main tools used by the enemies to prevent the birth of modern Islamic civilization is through creating divisions among Muslims," he told a meeting of Muslim scholars, thinkers and political figures in Tehran, according to the semiofficial Fars news agency.

Khamenei said that the Americans are against the principles of Islam and no one should be deceived by their statements in support of some sects, citing "the statements of the former president (George W. Bush) who after the September 11 spoke about the war of the crusades, in fact, indicated the war between the arrogant world and Islam."

The Supreme Leader then cited statements of by current U.S. officials who claim to be in agreement with Islam and blasted them as untrue.

"The present U.S. officials are against the principles of Islam and unlike their statements they are after fomenting differences among Muslims and its example is creating terrorist groups like Daesh (the Arabic word for the Islamic State or ISIS) and other groups that have been created through the funding of the U.S. affiliates and their political aids; they (the American officials) have caused the recent tragedies in the Muslim world," he charged.

Khamenei pointed out the statements of an American politician who had said that Islamism is the enemy of the United States, and said, "The Shiite or Sunni does not make any difference for the Americans; they are against any Muslim who wants to live in accordance with Islamic rules and make efforts to that end."

He also claimed that the main goal of the “arrogant powers” is creating an internal war among Muslims and destroying the Muslim countries' infrastructures in Syria, Yemen and Libya.

Muslims, said Khamenei, "should not remain silent and surrender to this plot, rather they should stand against these plots insightfully and by maintaining their resistance".

The comments are the latest among the Supreme Leader’s many verbal attacks against the United States, which he refers to as the “Great Satan”.

In October, Khamenei banned any further negotiations between Iran and the United States following the nuclear deal reached last summer.

A month later he ordered the Iranian government to implement a blockade of U.S. imports as part of an outline for creating an "economy of resistance."

And, more recently, Khamenei accused the United States of using "money and sexual attractions" to wreak havoc on the Islamic Republic's way of life.

December 30, 2015 at 1:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

Ahead of election, Iran's leader warns of Western 'plot'

By Samia Nakhoul

Reuters

February 24, 2016

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/irans-leader-calls-parliament-stands-west-084823028.html

By Samia Nakhoul

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's top leader warned voters on Wednesday the West was plotting to influence elections pitting centrists close to President Hassan Rouhani against conservative hardliners in a contest that could shape the Islamic Republic for years to come.

In remarks reflecting an abiding mistrust of Rouhani's rapprochement with the West, Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said he was confident Iranians would vote in favor of keeping Iran's anti-Western stance on Friday in the first elections since last year's nuclear accord with world powers.

Rouhani's allies, who hope the deal will hasten Iran's opening up to the world after years of sanctions, have come under increasing pressure in the election campaign from hardliners who accuse them of links to Western powers including the United States and Britain.

Those accusations seek to tap into Iranians' wariness of Western motives and memories of a 1953 coup against nationalist prime minister Mohammad Mossadegh that was orchestrated by the United States and Britain and strengthened the Shah's rule.

Rouhani on Wednesday denied accusations from hardliners that the candidates close to him were affiliated with Western powers, calling it an insult to the intelligence of Iranians.

In remarks on his official website, Khamenei was quoted as saying he was certain the United States had concocted a plot after the nuclear deal to "infiltrate" the Islamic Republic.

"When I talked about a U.S. infiltration plot, it made some people in the country frustrated," said the Shi'ite clerical leader, who has final say on all major state policy in Iran.

"INFILTRATION"

"They complain (about) why we talk about infiltration all the time ... But this is a real plot. Sometimes even the infiltrators don't know they are a part of it," he said.

"One of the enemy's ruses is to portray a false dichotomy between a pro-government and anti-government parliament," Khamenei was quoted as saying by state news agency IRNA.

"The nation does not want a pro- or anti-government parliament, but rather a strong and faithful parliament that is aware of its duties and is not intimidated by the United States," he said.

Supporters of Rouhani, buoyed by Iran's nuclear deal, aim to gain influence in the elections for the 290-seat parliament and the 88-member Assembly of Experts, which will choose the country's next supreme leader.

But potential detente with the West has alarmed hardliners, who have seen a flood of European trade and investment delegations arrive in Tehran to discuss possible deals in the wake of the nuclear agreement.

Since then, hardline security officials have arrested dozens of artists, journalists and businessmen, including Iranians holding joint U.S. or British citizenship, as part of a crackdown on "Western infiltration".

Rouhani had criticized the arrests before, saying some "play with the infiltration word" to pursue their own political goals.

Moves by hardliners to block moderate candidates and portray them as stooges of the West have soured the mood in the final days of campaigning, and Rouhani complained on Wednesday of a public discourse rife with "abuse, accusations and insults".

Addressing political activists, former president Hashemi Rafsanjani, one of Rouhani's most powerful allies, said Rouhani's election in 2013 "was Iranians’ first step to bring the country back to a path of moderation".

"I hope people take the second step in Friday’s elections," he said.

In an apparent reference to hardliners' accusations that moderates were under Western influence, Rafsanjani said in a statement published on ISNA news agency: "Labeling rivals, in order to turn people’s hopes into despair, has no results."

"The Iranians ... will prove that they are seeking Iran’s political independence and will say no to colonialism, extremism and tyranny."

Opposition figure Mehdi Karoubi, under house arrest since 2009, will cast his vote in elections on Friday, his son Taghi said in a Facebook posting, a move that may provide a boost to reformist candidates close to Rouhani.

It would be the first time Karoubi has voted in an election since his arrest. His son said a mobile ballot box may be taken to his father's house.

February 24, 2016 at 5:49 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

Iran test-fires missiles in defiance of US sanctions

Published time: 8 Mar, 2016 11:08Edited time: 8 Mar, 2016 16:06

https://www.rt.com/news/334880-iran-ballistic-missile-test/" target="_blank">https://www.rt.com/news/334880-iran-ballistic-missile-test/

Iran has test-fired several ballistic missiles from silos across the country, the Revolutionary Guard reported. The US has previously imposed missile-related sanctions against Tehran over the testing of the new intermediate-range Emad ballistic missile.

The test on Tuesday was intended "to show Iran's deterrent power and also the Islamic Republic's ability to confront any threat against the Revolution, the state and the sovereignty of the country," the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps statement published on its website said.

The Revolutionary Guard and the Iranian media did not specify which missiles were used in the test. The underground silos in Iran were first revealed to the public in October 2015, almost coinciding with the revelation of the Emad ballistic missile, and were said to be capable of firing "Iranian missiles of varying ranges.” Iranian news channel Press TV used archive footage of an October test of the Emad missile when reporting the Tuesday test.

The Emad missile is believed to be developed from Iran’s Shahab-3 missile. It is a liquid-propellant ballistic missile with a claimed range of 1,700km and a 750 kg payload. The missile’s primary improvement is said to be a better guidance system of the re-entry vehicle, reportedly reaching an accuracy of 500 meters.

The US will push for an “appropriate response” to Iran’s ballistic missile test by raising the issue in the UN Security Council, if the reports about the Tuesday test are confirmed, US State Department spokesman Mark Toner told journalists.

“We're aware of and following closely the reports that Iran has just conducted several ballistic missile tests,” he said, adding that such tests would not violate the nuclear deal signed by Iran and world powers in July 2015, Reuters reports.

At the same time, he added that the US will “continue to aggressively apply [its] unilateral tools to counter threats from Iran's missile program.”

The test in October was condemned by the US and its allies, with Washington saying the missile was “inherently capable of delivering a nuclear weapon,” and that testing it violated UN Security Council Resolution 1929. Tehran denied the allegation, saying it has never tried to develop a nuclear weapon and hasn’t designed any of its missiles to carry one.

READ MORE: US & allies demand UN 'action' against Iran after missile test

The resolution tackled Iran’s controversial nuclear program and was among those which expired in January, when the UN’s nuclear watchdog the IAEA confirmed Tehran’s compliance with the terms of a nuclear deal it struck last year with six leading world powers. In October, at the time of testing, the resolution was still in force.

The UNSC has since adopted another resolution, which called upon Iran not to undertake any work on missiles "designed to" deliver nuclear weapons.

READ MORE: Iranian moderates secure majority in parliament and assembly of experts

Iran is currently undergoing a political transition, with President Hassan Rouhani and his allies securing in an election in February a majority of seats at the Assembly of Experts – the body tasked with electing the Supreme Leader of Iran, the most powerful figure in the country. The seat is now held by 76-year-old Ayatollah Ali Khamenei.

Some Iran watchers said that after the Rouhani-sponsored nuclear deal turned out to be a success, the conservative camp insisted on a demonstration of force to reassert Iran’s strength.

March 9, 2016 at 6:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

Iran vows to defend Muslim nations against terrorism, Israel

Apr 17, 6:59 AM EDT

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ML_IRAN?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-04-17-06-59-28

TEHRAN, Iran (AP) -- Iran's President Hassan Rouhani on Sunday vowed to defend Muslim countries against terrorism and Israel while insisting that its neighbors should not feel threatened.

Speaking during a National Army Day parade in which Iranian forces displayed sophisticated air defense systems recently acquired from Russia, Rouhani praised Tehran's role in helping the Syrian and Iraqi governments roll back the Islamic State group.

"If tomorrow your capitals face danger from terrorism or Zionism, the power that will give you a positive answer is the Islamic Republic of Iran," he said. But he added that Iran would only help if Muslim countries asked it to, and said its military power was purely for defensive and deterrent purposes.

"The power of our armed forces is not against our southern, northern, eastern and western neighbors," he said.

He appeared to be referring to Gulf Arab states, which have long viewed Iran as seeking to dominate the region. Saudi Arabia and Iran are longtime rivals that back opposite sides in the Syrian and Yemeni civil wars.

During the parade, the army displayed Russian-made S-300 air defense missiles delivered earlier this month.

In 2010, Russia froze a deal to supply the sophisticated systems to Iran, linking the decision to U.N. sanctions. President Vladimir Putin lifted the suspension last year following Iran's deal with six world powers that curbed its nuclear program in exchange for relief from international sanctions.

The United States and Israel have expressed concern over the missile systems, fearing they could upset the regional balance of military power.

Iran also displayed tanks, light submarines, short-range missiles and other weapons.

April 19, 2016 at 10:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

Iranian commander threatens to close Strait of Hormuz to US

Hossein Salami also says in speech aired on state TV that ‘Americans cannot make safe any part of the world’

By AP May 4, 2016, 1:22 pm 246

http://www.timesofisrael.com/iranian-commander-threatens-to-close-strait-of-hormuz-to-us/

TEHRAN, Iran — The deputy commander of Iran’s powerful Revolutionary Guard said Iranian forces will close the strategic Strait of Hormuz to the United States and its allies if they “threaten” the Islamic Republic, Iranian state media reported on Wednesday.

The comments by Gen. Hossein Salami, carried on state television, follow a long history of both rhetoric and confrontation between Iran and the US over the narrow strait, through which nearly a third of all oil traded by sea passes.

The remarks by the acting commander of the Guard also follow those of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei who on Monday criticized US activities in the Persian Gulf. It’s unclear whether that signals any new Iranian concern over the strait or possible confrontation with the US following its nuclear deal with world powers.

The US Navy’s 5th Fleet, based in Bahrain, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

In his remarks, Salami said that “Americans should learn from recent historical truths,” likely referring to the January capture of 10 US sailors who entered Iranian waters. The sailors were released less than a day later, though state TV aired footage of the sailors on their knees with their hands on their heads.

“If the Americans and their regional allies want to pass through the Strait of Hormuz and threaten us, we will not allow any entry,” Salami said, without elaborating on what he and other leaders would consider a threat.

He added: “Americans cannot make safe any part of the world.”

The US and Iran have a long history of confrontations in the Persian Gulf. They even fought a one-day naval battle on April 18, 1988, after the near-sinking of the missile frigate USS Samuel B. Roberts by an Iranian mine. That day, US forces attacked two Iranian oil rigs and sank or damaged six Iranian vessels.

A few months later, in July 1988, the USS Vincennes in the strait mistook an Iran Air flight heading to Dubai for an attacking fighter jet, shooting down the plane and killing all 290 people aboard.

US Navy officials say they face near-daily encounters with Iranian naval vessels. In January, an unarmed Iranian drone flew over a US aircraft carrier in the Persian Gulf, the first since 2014, according to Navy records obtained by The Associated Press.

The US has also criticized what it called a “highly provocative” Iranian rocket test in December near its warships and commercial traffic. Iran said it has the right to conduct tests in the strait and elsewhere in Gulf.

Iran also sank a replica of a US aircraft carrier near the strait in February 2015 and has said it is testing “suicide drones” that could attack ships.

May 8, 2016 at 11:46 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Updated 04/29/6996* [5775] 3rd day of the week [07/14/15

Updated 07/14/6997* [5777] 6th day of the week/day before Sukkah [10/14/16]

Yechizki`Yah/Ezekiel: 16:37: Observe, therefore I will gather all your lovers, with whom you have taken pleasure, and all them that you have loved, with all them that you have hated; I will even gather them round about against you, and will discover your nakedness to them, that they see all your nakedness.

Articles to read:

Republicans slam eased restrictions on business with Iran

Montana Sen. Steve Daines: US should not be making 'sweetheart deals' with Iran

Senators question legality of administration’s new guidelines, say more money will now flow to Tehran’s Revolutionary Guards

By Eric Cortellessa October 13, 2016, 11:38 am

http://www.timesofisrael.com/republicans-slam-eased-restrictions-on-business-with-iran/?utm_source=The+Times+of+Israel+Daily+Edition&utm_campaign=add2179ef9-2016_10_13&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_adb46cec92-add2179ef9-54602061

WASHINGTON — Republican lawmakers already leery of the Iran nuclear deal railed this week at new US Treasury Department guidelines indicating foreign companies will not be sanctioned for doing business with Iranian entities.

The updated guidelines, which were published last Friday, allow for business dealings inside Iran so long as the US financial system and Americans are not involved.

They also specified that transactions are permitted with blacklisted individuals and companies, including terrorists with whom US citizens are prohibited from doing business, if that person or entity maintains only a minority interest in those ventures.

Some have said the move amounts to a “loosening of sanctions,” like Eric Lorber, a senior associate at the Financial Integrity Network and an expert on economic sanctions and regulatory compliance. A Treasury Department official, however, told Bloomberg News the changes were not akin to further sanction relief.

Since the announcement was made, GOP senators have not only denounced the Treasury’s ruling but have questioned the legality of the administration’s ability to make such decisions unilaterally.

Arkansas Sen. Tom Cotton claimed that issuing the guidelines constitutes “contravening clear US statutory law,” and accused US President Barack Obama of trying to “funnel as much business to Iran as possible.”

In an email to The Times of Israel, he said: “The new guidance overturns the long-running understanding that the US dollar cannot be used to facilitate international trade with any Iranian entities, let alone sanctioned entities.”

The Obama administration contends that integrating Iran into the international economy could help to empower President Hassan Rouhani and relatively moderate forces inside the country and strengthen the July 2015 nuclear accord, in which world powers reached an agreement to limit Iran’s nuclear program in exchange for lifting sanctions on the country.

The US still maintains sanctions on Iran, as well as on Iranian companies and people on the Specially Designated Nationals (SDN) list.

American law does forbid Iranian banks and companies from conducting business through US banks. The Treasury Department’s new guidelines indicated it was legally permissible for Tehran to work with non-US banks and institutions — provided they have no relationship with the US financial system.

Other Republican lawmakers expressed concern that the directive would result in more money being channeled to the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, Iran’s elite military unit.

Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk, chair of the Senate banking committee with oversight on Iran sanctions law, said allowing for such transactions would enable the regime’s nefarious designs in the region, including the promulgation of further terrorist activities.

“In yet another unilateral move, the Administration has given the green light for money, including American dollars, to flow more aggressively into Iranian companies owned or controlled in part by Iran’s terrorist Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps,” he said in a statement.

“Given the severe financial and reputational risks raised by doing business with Iran, the world’s biggest state sponsor of terrorism according to our own State Department, foreign banks and business are walking into dangerous territory if they take the Administration’s Iranian bait,” he added.

The administration has recently taken steps to initiate more economic activity with Iran. Last month, the Treasury Department approved the sale of 80 Boeing IranAir commercial passenger aircraft to Iran, a $20 billion provisional deal that was the largest transaction between the two countries since the 1979 Islamic revolution.

Montana Sen. Steve Daines was also among those assailing the updated Treasury guidelines released Friday, calling them a “capitulation.” He told The Times of Israel the US should not be “making sweetheart deals” with Iran.

October 14, 2016 at 8:56 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yechizki`Yah/Ezekiel: 16:37: Observe, therefore I will gather all your lovers, with whom you have taken pleasure, and all them that you have loved, with all them that you have hated; I will even gather them round about against you, and will discover your nakedness to them, that they see all your nakedness.

Articles to read:

Trump National Security Adviser: We are putting Iran on notice

US National Security Adviser Michael Flynn accuses Iran of destabilizing activity following ballistic missile test.

Gary Willig, 01/02/17 22:21

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/224259

US President Donald Trump's National Security Adviser, Michael Flynn, said the United States was putting Iran 'on notice' following reports that Iran test-fired a medium range ballistic missile in violation of a UN Security Council resolution over the weekend.

"As of today, we are officially putting Iran on notice," Flynn told reporters at a White House Press Briefing Wednesday.

He accused Iran of "destabilizing activity" and violating a Security Council resolution prohibiting Iran from carrying out activities related to ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads.

Flynn did not say what actions the US would take against Iran.

Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said in response to the ballistic missile test that he would raise the Iranian threat with President Trump when the two leaders meet on February 15 and that he would discuss restoring sanctions against Iran.

"Iranian aggression must not go unanswered." the Prime Minister said.

February 1, 2017 at 4:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

Pence warns Iran: Don't test us

Vice President warns Iranian regime not to test patience of Trump administration.

David Rosenberg, 05/02/17 19:09

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/224449

Vice President Mike Pence warned the Iranian regime against provoking the United States, advising the country’s Islamist government to halt all “hostile and belligerent actions” towards America and its allies.

Speaking with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos on Sunday, Pence suggested military options were on the table should Iran continue to provoke the United States and flagrantly violate restrictions on ballistic missiles tests.

“Iran would do well not to test the resolve of this new president,” said Pence, adding that Iran should “think twice about their continued hostile and belligerent actions.”

“Iran should be standing up and be essentially working with the world community. But instead, what we see is this kind of belligerent and hostile behavior, defiant behavior to the world community.”

Should Iran continue to violate restrictions on its ballistic missile program and provoke the US, said Pence, the Trump administration would consider harsher measures, including military options, against Iran.

“[The] President said everything is on the table,” continued Pence.

On Thursday, Trump warned Iran that he was putting the country “on notice” following its latest ballistic missile test, in violation of resolutions against the Islamic regime. A day later, the Trump administration slapped new sanctions on Iran, a year and a half after the Obama administration signed the Iranian nuclear deal with eased the economic measures that had for years weakened the Iranian economy.

February 5, 2017 at 2:15 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

Experts Warn: Iran-Allied Shiite Militias in Iraq to Threaten U.S. After Mosul Falls

by Edwin Mora1 Mar 2017

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/03/01/experts-lawmakers-iran-allied-shiite-militias-iraq-threaten-u-s-interests/

The U.S.-led coalition and its Iraqi partners should be vigilant against a near certain reemergence attempt by the Islamic State (ISIS/ISIL) after it loses its territory in Iraq, where tens of thousands of Iran-allied Shiite militias pose just as serious of a threat to America’s interests, experts warned.

Dr. Michael Knights, a Boston-based fellow at The Washington Institute for Near East Policy that champions conservative perspectives, and Hardin Lang, a fellow at the liberal Center for American Progress (CAP), testified before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

They suggested that the United States should leave behind a military force of between 3,000 to 5,000 troops to continue working with their Iraqi counterparts for at least three years.

Dr. Knights specifically warned against withdrawing American troops from the country prematurely, adding, “Just two and a half years after the U.S. military left the country, ISIL took over Mosul and a third of Iraq. ISIL’s success and the complete and hasty withdrawal of U.S. military support to Iraq was no coincidence.”

Meanwhile, Lang reminded lawmakers that Shiite, or Shia, militiamen backed by Iran killed about 500 American troops in Iraq between 2003 and 2011.

“We need to make smart choices now while we are still keenly focused on the threats to U.S. interests that are present in Iraq,” testified Dr. Knights, according to his prepared remarks. “These threats include not only ISIL but also Shia militias groups that parasitically exploit ISIL’s presence and which make up part of the Iranian threat network discussed in this committee earlier this month.”

“The regime in the Tehran, the world’s largest state sponsor of terrorism, has an ambitious agenda inside Iraq,” he added. “Tehran seeks to exploit the justifiable fear of ISIL that is felt by Iraqi Shia majority in Iraq.”

When alluding to the Shiite fighters, Lang singled out the Iraqi government-sanctioned Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF), an Iran-affiliated umbrella network of mainly Shiite fighters currently fighting ISIS in Iraq.

Th PMF represents the largest alliance of all Shiite militias in Iraq and is also known as the Popular Mobilization Units (PMF) and al-Hashd al-Shabi.

Lang estimates the size of the Shiite militia force in Iraq to be between 100,000 and 120,000.

In his written testimony, the CAP expert acknowledged that “one of the biggest threats to reconciliation [primarily between Sunnis and Shias] remains sectarian Shia militias, adding:

There is a very real risk that the PMF could take root as a Hezbollah-style Iranian [terrorist] proxy. Such a development would threaten Iraqi sovereignty and undercut attempts at national reconciliation. There are no easy solutions to managing the threat posed by Iranian- backed PMF units, but the U.S. could play a constructive role in facilitating the demobilization or integration of the remaining PMF units into the ISF [Iraqi Security Forces].

While participating in the ongoing Mosul offensive in Iraq, the U.S. military is providing assistance to the PMF.

The Pentagon says it is only providing support to Shiite militiamen vetted for links to Iran and terrorist groups, as mandated by law.

“A large proportion [of the PMF] receives direct Iranian backing,” testified Lang. The CAP expert acknowledged that U.S. policy towards the PMF changed under former President Barack Obama.

“In 2014, U.S. refused to provide them military support, but since mid-2015, American policy has evolved to include air and other support for those PMF units not beholden to Iran,” he explained, noting that the Iraqi parliament legalized the PMF in November 2016.

Some news reports have accused the U.S. military of providing support to all Shiite militiamen, including those linked to Iran who may have American blood on their hands. The Pentagon has denied the allegations.

March 1, 2017 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

Obama’s hidden Iran deal giveaway

By dropping charges against major arms targets, the administration infuriated Justice Department officials — and undermined its own counterproliferation task forces.

By Josh Meyer

04/24/17 05:00 AM EDT

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/04/24/obama-iran-nuclear-deal-prisoner-release-236966

When President Barack Obama announced the “one-time gesture” of releasing Iranian-born prisoners who “were not charged with terrorism or any violent offenses” last year, his administration presented the move as a modest trade-off for the greater good of the Iran nuclear agreement and Tehran’s pledge to free five Americans.

“Iran had a significantly higher number of individuals, of course, at the beginning of this negotiation that they would have liked to have seen released,” one senior Obama administration official told reporters in a background briefing arranged by the White House, adding that “we were able to winnow that down to these seven individuals, six of whom are Iranian-Americans.”

But Obama, the senior official and other administration representatives weren’t telling the whole story on Jan. 17, 2016, in their highly choreographed rollout of the prisoner swap and simultaneous implementation of the six-party nuclear deal, according to a POLITICO investigation.

In his Sunday morning address to the American people, Obama portrayed the seven men he freed as “civilians.” The senior official described them as businessmen convicted of or awaiting trial for mere “sanctions-related offenses, violations of the trade embargo.”

In reality, some of them were accused by Obama’s own Justice Department of posing threats to national security. Three allegedly were part of an illegal procurement network supplying Iran with U.S.-made microelectronics with applications in surface-to-air and cruise missiles like the kind Tehran test-fired recently, prompting a still-escalating exchange of threats with the Trump administration. Another was serving an eight-year sentence for conspiring to supply Iran with satellite technology and hardware. As part of the deal, U.S. officials even dropped their demand for $10 million that a jury said the aerospace engineer illegally received from Tehran.

And in a series of unpublicized court filings, the Justice Department dropped charges and international arrest warrants against 14 other men, all of them fugitives. The administration didn’t disclose their names or what they were accused of doing, noting only in an unattributed, 152-word statement about the swap that the U.S. “also removed any Interpol red notices and dismissed any charges against 14 Iranians for whom it was assessed that extradition requests were unlikely to be successful.”

Three of the fugitives allegedly sought to lease Boeing aircraft for an Iranian airline that authorities say had supported Hezbollah, the U.S.-designated terrorist organization. A fourth, Behrouz Dolatzadeh, was charged with conspiring to buy thousands of U.S.-made assault rifles and illegally import them into Iran.

A fifth, Amin Ravan, was charged with smuggling U.S. military antennas to Hong Kong and Singapore for use in Iran. U.S. authorities also believe he was part of a procurement network providing Iran with high-tech components for an especially deadly type of IED used by Shiite militias to kill hundreds of American troops in Iraq.

The biggest fish, though, was Seyed Abolfazl Shahab Jamili, who had been charged with being part of a conspiracy that from 2005 to 2012 procured thousands of parts with nuclear applications for Iran via China. That included hundreds of U.S.-made sensors for the uranium enrichment centrifuges in Iran whose progress had prompted the nuclear deal talks in the first place.

When federal prosecutors and agents learned the true extent of the releases, many were shocked and angry. Some had spent years, if not decades, working to penetrate the global proliferation networks that allowed Iranian arms traders both to obtain crucial materials for Tehran’s illicit nuclear and ballistic missile programs and, in some cases, to provide dangerous materials to other countries.

“They didn’t just dismiss a bunch of innocent business guys,” said one former federal law enforcement supervisor centrally involved in the hunt for Iranian arms traffickers and nuclear smugglers. “And then they didn’t give a full story of it.”

In its determination to win support for the nuclear deal and prisoner swap from Tehran — and from Congress and the American people — the Obama administration did a lot more than just downplay the threats posed by the men it let off the hook, according to POLITICO’s findings.

Through action in some cases and inaction in others, the White House derailed its own much-touted National Counterproliferation Initiative at a time when it was making unprecedented headway in thwarting Iran’s proliferation networks. In addition, the POLITICO investigation found that Justice and State Department officials denied or delayed requests from prosecutors and agents to lure some key Iranian fugitives to friendly countries so they could be arrested. Similarly, Justice and State, at times in consultation with the White House, slowed down efforts to extradite some suspects already in custody overseas, according to current and former officials and others involved in the counterproliferation effort.

And as far back as the fall of 2014, Obama administration officials began slow-walking some significant investigations and prosecutions of Iranian procurement networks operating in the U.S. These previously undisclosed findings are based on interviews with key participants at all levels of government and an extensive review of court records and other documents.

“Clearly, there was an embargo on any Iranian cases,” according to the former federal supervisor.

“Of course it pissed people off, but it’s more significant that these guys were freed, and that people were killed because of the actions of one of them,” the supervisor added, in reference to Ravan and the IED network.

The supervisor noted that in agreeing to lift crippling sanctions against Tehran, the Obama administration had insisted on retaining the right to go after Iran for its efforts to develop ballistic missiles capable of delivering nuclear warheads and cruise missiles that could penetrate U.S. defenses, and to illegally procure components for its nuclear, military and weapons systems.

“Then why would you be dismissing the people that you know about who are involved in that?” the former official asked.

A SHREWD CALCULATION

The saga of how the Obama administration threw a monkey wrench into its own Justice Department-led counterproliferation effort continues to play out almost entirely out of public view, largely because of the highly secretive nature of the cases and the negotiations that affected them.

That may be about to change, as the Trump administration and both chambers of Congress have pledged to crack down on Tehran’s nuclear and ballistic missile programs. Last Wednesday, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced a government-wide review of U.S. policy toward Iran in the face of “alarming and ongoing provocations that export terror and violence, destabilizing more than one country at a time.”

On Thursday, President Donald Trump declared that even if Iran is meeting the terms of its deal with the Obama administration and other world powers, “they are not living up to the spirit of it, I can tell you that. And we’re analyzing it very, very carefully, and we’ll have something to say about that in the not-too-distant future.”

Such reviews are likely to train a spotlight on an aspect of the nuclear deal and prisoner swap that has infuriated the federal law enforcement community most — the hidden damage it has caused to investigations and prosecutions into a wide array of Iranian smuggling networks with U.S. connections.

Valerie Lincy, executive director of the nonpartisan Wisconsin Project on Nuclear Arms Control, said Obama administration officials made a shrewd political calculation in focusing public attention on just those seven men it was freeing in the United States, and portraying them as mere sanctions violators.

Click on above link to read entire article.

April 29, 2017 at 4:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

Trump Must Withdraw From Iran Nuclear Deal – Now

Posted on July 17, 2017

https://counterjihadreport.com/2017/07/17/trump-must-withdraw-from-iran-nuclear-deal-now/

Gatestone Institute, by John R. Bolton, July 17, 2017:

• Tehran’s violations of the deal have become public, including: exceeding limits on uranium enrichment and production of heavy water; illicit efforts at international procurement of dual-use nuclear and missile technology; and obstructing international inspection efforts (which were insufficient to begin with).

• There is ominous talk of America “not living up to its word.” This is nonsense. The president’s primary obligation is to keep American citizens safe from foreign threats. Should President George W. Bush have kept the United States in the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty, rather than withdraw to allow the creation of a limited national missile-defense shield to protect against rogue-state nuclear attacks?

• Care to bet how close Tehran — and North Korea — now are? Consider the costs of betting wrong.

For the second time during the Trump administration, the State Department has reportedly decided to certify that Iran is complying with its 2015 nuclear deal with the Security Council’s five permanent members and Germany, known formally as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA).

If true, it will be the administration’s second unforced error regarding the JCPOA. Over the past two years, considerable information detailing Tehran’s violations of the deal have become public, including: exceeding limits on uranium enrichment and production of heavy water; illicit efforts at international procurement of dual-use nuclear and missile technology; and obstructing international inspection efforts (which were insufficient to begin with).

Since international verification is fatally inadequate, and our own intelligence far from perfect, these violations undoubtedly only scratch the surface of the ayatollahs’ inexhaustible mendaciousness.

Certification is an unforced error because the applicable statute (the Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015, or INARA) requires neither certifying Iranian compliance nor certifying Iranian noncompliance. Paula DeSutter and I previously explained that INARA requires merely that the Secretary of State (to whom President Obama delegated the task) “determine…whether [he] is able to certify” compliance (emphasis added). The secretary can satisfy the statute simply by “determining” that he is not prepared for now to certify compliance and that U.S. policy is under review.

This is a policy of true neutrality while the review continues. Certifying compliance is far from neutral. Indeed, it risks damaging American credibility should a decision subsequently be made to abrogate the deal.

Beyond the procedural question, however, is the importance of swiftly resolving the underlying policy gridlock. President Trump has repeatedly made clear his view that the Iran deal was a diplomatic debacle. It is not renegotiable, as some argue, because there is no chance that Iran, designated by Ronald Reagan as a state sponsor of terrorism in January 1984, will agree to any serious changes. Why should it? President Obama gave them unimaginably favorable terms, and there is no reason to think China and Russia will do us any favors revising them.

Accordingly, withdrawing from the JCPOA as soon as possible should be the highest priority. The administration should stop reviewing and start deciding. Even assuming, contrary to fact, that Iran is complying with the JCPOA, it remains palpably harmful to American national interests. It should not have taken six months to reach this conclusion. Well before Jan. 20, we saw 18 months of Iranian noncompliance and other hostile behavior as evidence. The Trump transition team should have identified abrogating the deal as one of the incoming administration’s highest policy priorities.

Within the Trump administration, JCPOA supporters contend that rejecting the deal would harm the United States by calling into question our commitment to international agreements generally. There is ominous talk of America “not living up to its word.”

This is nonsense. The president’s primary obligation is to keep American citizens safe from foreign threats. Should President George W. Bush have kept the United States in the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty, rather than withdraw to allow the creation of a limited national missile-defense shield to protect against rogue-state nuclear attacks? Was Washington’s “commitment” to the ABM Treaty more important than protecting innocent civilians from nuclear attacks by the ayatollahs or North Korea’s Kim family dictatorship?

Similarly, President Bush directed that we unsign the treaty creating the International Criminal Court because we had no intention of ever becoming a party. Was he also wrong to extricate American service members and intelligence personnel — not to mention ordinary citizens — from the risk of arbitrary, unjustified and politically motivated ICC detention and prosecution?

Of course, the answer is “no.” The president would be derelict in his duty if he failed to put the interests of U.S. citizens first, rather than worrying about “the international community” developing a case of the vapors. The Trump administration itself has already shown the courage of its convictions by withdrawing from the Paris climate accords. Compared to that, abrogating the JCPOA is a one-inch putt.

John R. Bolton, former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations, is Chairman of Gatestone Institute, a senior fellow at the American Enterprise Institute, and author of “Surrender Is Not an Option: Defending America at the United Nations and Abroad”.

Click on above link to read entire article.

July 17, 2017 at 7:10 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

“Devotion of Martyrs Will Destroy Israel”, Iranian Army Chief Proclaims

By Abra Forman August 27, 2017 , 12:30 pm

https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/93845/israel-wont-exist-25-years/?utm_source=Breaking+Israel+News&utm_campaign=984427741c-BIN_evening_8_17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b6d3627f72-984427741c-86785929&mc_cid=984427741c&mc_eid=d23ee10fe1#uuo1e93Ti86vQ8Y7.97" target="_blank">https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/93845/israel-wont-exist-25-years/?utm_source=Breaking+Israel+News&utm_campaign=984427741c-BIN_evening_8_17&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b6d3627f72-984427741c-86785929&mc_cid=984427741c&mc_eid=d23ee10fe1#uuo1e93Ti86vQ8Y7.97

New Iranian army chief Major General Abdolrahim Mousavi. (Screenshot)

New Iranian army chief Maj. Gen. Abdolrahim Mousavi said on Friday that Israel would no longer exist in 25 years, but would be destroyed by “acts of devotion” from “martyrs”, Iranian news agency Tasnin reported.

Speaking at a cultural event in the Iranian city of Qom on Thursday, the new chief said that should any country attempt to wage war against Iran, “Iran will be the one that will design the outcome.”

Giving an example of the type of martyr who would make Israel’s destruction possible, Mousavi cited Mohsen Hojaji, a member of the Iranian support team in Syria who was taken hostage and beheaded by the Islamic State earlier in the month.

Mousavi stated the world has realized it would be “impossible” to win against Iran militarily, calling the country “a symbol of resistance against the global hegemony”, according to Tasnin.

The general said the era of “hit and run” against Iran had ended.

Mousavi’s threats echoed those of other ranking Iranians who have predicted Israel’s downfall, including Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, who said in 2015 that the “Zionist regime… would not see the next 25 years.”

August 27, 2017 at 7:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

US: Hamas boasts are proof of Iranian violations

US Ambassador to the UN says Hamas statements of receiving weapons from Iran show Iran is violating Un resolutions banning weapons exports.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/234877

AFP, 31/08/17 21:43

The United States on Thursday described remarks by a Hamas leader boasting of strong

military ties with Iran as a "stunning admission" that showed Tehran was violating a UN ban on arms exports.

Hamas leader Yahya al-Sinwar, who heads the Islamist terrorist movement in Gaza, told reporters on Monday that Iran was the "biggest supporter" of Hamas's military wing, the Ezzedine al-Qassam Brigades.

"The Iranian military support to Hamas and al-Qassam is strategic," said Sinwar, adding that ties with Iran had "become fantastic and returned to its former era."

In a statement, the US mission to the United Nations recalled that Iran is barred from exporting weapons under a key UN resolution that endorsed the 2015 nuclear deal with world powers.

"Once again, Iran is showing its true colors," said US Ambassador Nikki Haley.

Iran must abide by UN resolutions or decide "whether it wants to be the leader of a jihadist terrorist movement," she added.

"It's long past time for the international community to hold Iran to the same standard that all countries who actually value peace and security are held to."

A strong supporter of Israel, Haley has repeatedly criticized Iran at the United Nations and cast doubt over its commitment to the nuclear deal.

The United States considers Hamas, which has fought three wars with Israel since 2008, a terrorist organization.

Hamas has run Gaza since 2007 and received Iranian financial and military support for years, but the movement had distanced itself from Iran over Tehran's strong backing of President Bashar al-Assad in Syria.

Sinwar, however, has sought to rebuild relations, sending a high-level delegation to meet Iranian officials.

September 2, 2017 at 1:54 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

Ruthless Iranian militia vows to turn against U.S. troops once Islamic State is defeated in Iraq

https://counterjihadreport.com/2017/09/10/ruthless-iranian-militia-vows-to-turn-against-u-s-troops-once-islamic-state-is-defeated-in-iraq/

Washington Times, by Rowan Scarborough, Sept. 7, 2017:

The U.S. military is keeping a wary eye on Iran’s most violent proxy militia in Iraq, which has vowed to start killing Americans again once the Islamic State is expelled.

With the Islamic State’s defeat in Iraq coming closer — the U.S. estimates that the once 25,000-strong terrorist group is down to a few thousand followers at most holding only pockets of resistance — the danger from the Hezbollah Brigades is fast approaching.

A commander in the Shiiite battalion, also known as Kata’ib Hezbollah (KH) and the largest and most ruthless Iranian-trained militia fighting in Iraq and Syria, warned Americans on Sunday that they must leave Iraq or face a new war, Iran’s Fars News Agency reported.

Said the Fars headline, “Iraqi Popular Forces Warn to Target US Forces after Defeating ISIL Terrorists.”

Spokesman Jafar al-Hosseini issued a similar threat in March. His scripted messages on Beirut’s al-Mayadeen Arab-language TV station suggest the militia is not bluffing and is preparing for that day.

A military official told The Washington Times that the U.S. has plans to counter KH if it begins attacking Americans.

“Regarding the sense of Iranian malign influence, we’re trying alert NATO, the coalition, the State Department, the U.N. and the Gulf countries,” the military official said. “It’s a really big question. We’re very aware of it. We’re watching the move to post-ISIS. What the Iranians are saying is of significant concern.”

The Hezbollah Brigades of 5,000 fighters already has American blood on its hands.

Tehran organized the group in 2007 via its Quds Force, an arm of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, to target American troops in Iraq.

Quds operatives schooled the Shiites in building improvised explosive devices and rocket systems that ultimately killed about 500 U.S. personnel, the Pentagon reported.

Analysts say Iran’s broader goal is not just the defeat of the Salafist Sunni Islamic State in Iraq but also to spread a crescent of Shiite hegemony across Iraq, Syria and Lebanon. Tehran finances and equips the powerful Lebanese Hezbollah.

The 2015 nuclear deal with the Obama administration provided Tehran with billions of dollars to increase the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps budget and pay various militias, according to the National Council of Resistance of Iran.

Standing in the way is the U.S. military, which wants to maintain some force presence in Iraq and nurture a more independent Baghdad not controlled by Tehran.

“With the Iranians, clearly the goal is a pathway all the way to Lebanese Hezbollah,” the military official said.

This is why scholars such as Michael Rubin at the American Enterprise Institute say that the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps “has a history of saying what it means, no matter how inconvenient that might be for the wishful thinking in which so many in Washington and Europe engage.”

He added, “Iranian leaders aren’t willing to let U.S. forces stick around. They see U.S. commitment as weak, especially on the homefront, and they believe that so long as they use proxies, they can enjoy plausible deniability. After three decades of not being held to account for their actions, the Revolutionary Guards has grown cocky.”

The military official said the U.S.-led coalition’s downing of an armed drone in Syria in June shows how closely it watches Iran’s proxies. U.S. Central Command described the drone’s operators as “pro-regime.”

“Our actions speak for ourselves,” the U.S. source said. “We’ve shown that if they come even close to threatening any position, we’re going to take action in self-defense. We absolutely take it seriously.”

The official said U.S. commanders talk to the Russians about the Shiite militia activities because Russian officials “talk to people we don’t talk to.”

There is a big difference in the Iraq battlefield from what it was in 2007 and 2008. At the peak of the troop surge, over 157,000 Americans fought in Iraq, primarily against a Sunni insurgency, al Qaeda in Iraq.

Today, only about 5,000 U.S. military personnel are inside Iraq. As trainers and advisers, they maintain an arm’s length from ground combat.

“We really changed our strategy,” the official said. “The good news is there is not a lot of force presence to be targeted for that sort of thing. That makes it a little less complicated for us.”

Click above link to read entire article.

September 10, 2017 at 4:30 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Articles to read:

Defying US warnings, Iran tests new missile capable of reaching Israel

Iranian President Hassan Rouhani delivers a speech during the annual military parade marking the anniversary of the outbreak of Iran’s 1980-1988 war with Saddam Hussein’s Iraq, on September 22, 2017 in Tehran. (AFP/Stringer)

Tehran hails successful test launch of Khoramshahr, with a 1,250-mile range and ability to carry multiple warheads

Iran vows to continue strengthening defense capabilities

By Agencies and TOI staff September 23, 2017, 9:57 am

https://www.timesofisrael.com/defying-us-warnings-iran-tests-new-missile-capable-of-reaching-israel/" target="_blank">https://www.timesofisrael.com/defying-us-warnings-iran-tests-new-missile-capable-of-reaching-israel/

Iran said on Saturday that it had successfully tested a new medium-range missile, in defiance of warnings from Washington that it is ready to ditch a landmark nuclear deal over the issue.

State television carried footage of the launch of the Khoramshahr missile, which was first displayed at a high-profile military parade in Tehran on Friday. It also carried in-flight video from the nose cone.

The broadcaster gave no date for the test, although officials had said on Friday that it would be tested “soon.”

“As long as some speak in the language of threats, the strengthening of the country’s defense capabilities will continue and Iran will not seek permission from any country for producing various kinds of missile,” Defence Minister Amir Hatami said in a statement Saturday.

Revolutionary Guards aerospace chief General Amir Ali Hajizadeh was quoted by the official IRNA news agency as saying on Friday, when the missile was unveiled, that “the Khoramshahr missile has a range of 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles) and can carry multiple warheads.”

Iran says all of its missiles are designed to carry conventional warheads only and has limited their range to a maximum of 2,000 kilometers, although commanders say they have the technology to go further.

That makes them only medium-range but still sufficient to reach Israel or US bases in the Gulf.

Previous Iranian missile launches have triggered US sanctions and accusations that they violate the spirit of the 2015 nuclear deal between Tehran and major powers.

Click above link to read entire article.

September 24, 2017 at 6:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.