Make the Way Straight

makethewaystraight.com

Message Boards

Forum Home > General Discussion > Yeshayah: 3:12... As for MY people, children are their oppressors...

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yeshayah: 3:12: As for MY people, children are their oppressors…

012/06/6998* [5778] 3rd day of the week [02/20/18]

Yeshayah: 3:12: As for MY people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O MY people, they which lead you causes you to err, and destroy the way of your paths.

Hoshea: 4:1: Hear the Word of the YaHVeH, you children of Yisrael: for YaHVeH, has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor compassion, nor knowledge of Elohiym in the land…

Hoshea: 4:6… My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you shalt be no kohen to ME: seeing you have forgotten the Law/Torah of your Elohiym, I will also forget thy children…

2 Melekiym: 2:15: And when the benniym of the nebiyiym which were to view at Yericho saw him, they said, the ruach of Eliyah does rest on Eliysha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

2 Melekiym: 2:23: And he went up from there to Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came out little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said to him, Go up, you bald head; go up, you bald head.

2 Melekiym: 2:24: And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of YaHVeH. And there came out two she bears out of the woods, and tore forty two children of them.

Florida Students, Mainstream Media Ramp Up Campaign Against “Child-Murdering” NRA

CNN publishes “name-and-shame” list of politicians who receive contributions from the NRA

Clifford Cunningham | Infowars.com - February 20, 2018

https://www.infowars.com/florida-students-mainstream-media-ramp-up-campaign-against-child-murdering-nra/" target="_blank">https://www.infowars.com/florida-students-mainstream-media-ramp-up-campaign-against-child-murdering-nra/

The mainstream media, along with Democrats and supposedly apolitical student activists, have ratcheted up their campaign against the “child murdering” National Rifle Association, with a politician in Dallas calling for the NRA to move its convention from the city.

As part of its crusade to promote gun control, CNN has directed much of its criticism towards the National Rifle Association, recently publishing a “name-and-shame” list of Florida politicians who have received campaign contributions from the NRA.

Dallas Mayor Pro Temp Dwaine Caraway, a Democrat, has called on the NRA to move its annual convention from the city.

“It is a tough call when you ask the NRA to reconsider coming to Dallas,” he said. “But it is putting all citizens first and getting them to come to the table and elected officials to come to the table, and to address this madness now.”

Supposedly apolitical student activists who survived the high school shooting in Parkland, Florida wasted little time in attacking the NRA, with one suggesting the organization supports “child murderers” and another calling for it to disband.

“Here’s a time to talk about gun control: March 24. My message for the people in office is: You’re either with us or against us. We are losing our lives while the adults are playing around,” declared high school student Cameron Kasky in an interview with CNN.

Another student demanded the organization immediately disband, while claiming politicians who receive campaign contributions from the NRA are “accepting blood money” and are “against the children.”

“Disband, dismantle … don’t make another organization under a different name. Don’t you dare come back here,” said student Emma Gonzalez. “The fact that you were in power for so long and that you had so much influence for so long in America just goes to show how much time and effort we still need to spend on fixing our country.”

She also noted gun control “is just the first thing” they are focused on – leading one to question just how non-partisan their supposedly apolitical grassroots activism really is.

Mayim Bialik, an actresss on “The Big Bang Theory,” took to Facebook to declare support for the upcoming National Student Walkout – organized by the same far-left donors who funded the Women’s March against President Trump – and called for “civil disobedience” to push Congress to enact more gun control.

“Say yes to civil disobedience. Walk out, sit down, stand up, encourage others to do the same, whatever it takes,” she said in a video.

Bialik argued the main contributing factor to school shootings is not “the media and video games glorifying and encouraging violence,” “toxic masculinity,” or the “lack of mental health care for people in this country.” Rather, it is the availability of the AR-15 rifle, without which “these kinds of killings would not happen.”

Echoing the same talking points as the students calling for gun control in interviews on CNN, Bialik leveled blame on the NRA and called for her viewers to “make it your life’s goal to support and vote for every single person who challenges a politician with NRA money behind them.”

February 20, 2018 at 5:40 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Yeshayah: 3:12: As for MY people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O MY people, they which lead you causes you to err, and destroy the way of your paths.

Hoshea: 4:1: Hear the Word of the YaHVeH, you children of Yisrael: for YaHVeH, has a controversy with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no truth, nor compassion, nor knowledge of Elohiym in the land…

Hoshea: 4:6… My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you shalt be no kohen to ME: seeing you have forgotten the Law/Torah of your Elohiym, I will also forget thy children…

2 Melekiym: 2:15: And when the benniym of the nebiyiym which were to view at Yericho saw him, they said, the ruach of Eliyah does rest on Eliysha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

2 Melekiym: 2:23: And he went up from there to Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came out little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said to him, Go up, you bald head; go up, you bald head.

2 Melekiym: 2:24: And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of YaHVeH. And there came out two she bears out of the woods, and tore forty two children of them.

Pope to young people: Don’t let your elders silence voices

by UPI25 Mar 2018

http://www.breitbart.com/news/pope-to-young-people-dont-let-your-elders-silence-voices/

March 25 (UPI) — Pope France began Holy Week on Palm Sunday by urging young people to not let the older generation silence their voices.

One day after young Americans and their supporters rallied across the United States to demand tighter gun laws, the pontiff spoke directly to the younger generation seven days before Easter. He didn’t mention the demonstrators but he has condemned the use of weapons and mass shootings.

On Palm Sunday, the pope appeared before tens of thousands in St. Peter’s Square at the Vatican, many of them young people participating in Catholic Church’s World Day of Youth.

“There are many ways to silence young people and make them invisible,” he said. “Many ways to anesthetize them, to make them keep quiet, ask nothing, question nothing. There are many ways to sedate them, to keep them from getting involved, to make their dreams flat and dreary, petty and plaintive.”

Francis urged them not to be manipulated.

“Dear young people, the joy that Jesus awakens in you is a source of anger and irritation to some, since a joyful young person is hard to manipulate,” he said.

During the homily, Francis recalled the words of Jesus to the Pharisees who sought to silence his disciples. To “Teacher, rebuke your disciples,” Jesus replied, “I tell you, if these were silent, the very stones would cry out.”

On Palm Sunday, Jesus rode into Jerusalem and was hailed as a savior, according to the Bible.

Francis drew parallels to when people welcomed Jesus with palms rather than those who shouted for his crucifixion only days later.

“Dear young people, you have it in you to shout,” he said. “It is up to you not to keep quiet. Even if others keep quiet, if we older people and leaders, some corrupt, keep quiet, if the whole world keeps quiet and loses its joy, I ask you: Will you cry out?”

Sunday marked the end of the five-day pre-synodal meeting in Rome, which gathered some 300 youth from around the world and additional 15,000 on social media.

After Sunday’s liturgy, young people presented Pope Francis with their 16 pages conclusions after their week of discussions.

March 26, 2018 at 6:32 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Washington, D.C., may allow 16-year-olds to vote for president in the 2020 election

USA Today NetworkPeggy Fox, WUSA-TV, Washington, D.C.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2018/04/17/washington-d-c-may-allow-16-year-olds-vote-president-2020-election/523301002/

WASHINGTON -- By the 2020 presidential election, 16 and 17-year-olds may be able to vote in the nation's capital.

Washington, D.C. may lower the voting age for federal and local elections to 16. The legislation was introduced last Tuesday by D.C. council member Charles Allen (D-Ward 6), who said he was inspired by the high schoolers that came to D.C. to protest at the March for our lives.

Advocates of the measure say they have the support of seven of 13, a majority of D.C. Council members.

"I think people are getting excited about this, especially with what's going on in the nation right now in terms of youth leading social change. So I think that people are going to be very excited about it and want to get on board," said Alisha Chopra, 18, a senior at School Without Walls.

The Parkland students who survived a mass shooting in February are already credited for changing laws in Florida.

Now, a group of young people in D.C. are working on getting the vote for 16 and 17-year-olds.

"We work, we pay taxes, we care for family members, we can drive, we can do so many other things. So, adding voting onto that isn't going to be that big of a responsibility. We can handle it," said Alex Shyer, a 16-year-old Sophomore at Woodrow Wilson High School.

The last time the voting age was changed in this country was four decades ago. The Vietnam War was raging, and students protested that it was unfair 18-year-old could be drafted but could not vote.

In 1971, Congress passed the 26th Amendment giving people 18 and older the right to vote.

In 2013, Takoma Park, Md., allowed 16 and 17-year-olds to vote in local elections, and other cities, including Berkely, Calif., also extended voting rights. But while cities can only extend voting rights in municipal elections, the District of Columbia is treated a state in some cases, and can, therefore, change the voting age to allow 16 and 17-year-olds to vote for President of the United States in addition to local elections.

Supporters of the legislation are hoping to have a public hearing set up in June and then a vote on the measure before the end of the year.

April 17, 2018 at 6:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Phil Makethewaystraight
Site Owner

Warning: Keep Amazon’s Alexa Away From Your Kids

Written By: Sam Biddle May 21, 2018

http://www.technocracy.news/warning-keep-amazons-alexa-away-from-your-kids/

Amazon says it takes privacy seriously, but the bigger issue here is the mental health of the child exposed to Artificial Intelligence. Health risks are the last thing from a Technocrat’s mind when inventing technology to ‘advance’ mankind. ⁃ TN Editor

What’s the best way to keep adults from questioning the use of a deeply problematic product? Get them started when they’re too young to question anything. Amazon has a new addition to its line of voice-commanded artificial intelligence Alexa assistants, marketed for use by children as young as 5 years old, who can barely grasp a box of juice, let alone digital privacy. Now, a coalition of children’s privacy and psychology advocates are warning parents away from Amazon’s latest, cutest device, saying it could normalize surveillance and harm children’s mental development.

The Echo Dot for kids is functionally identical to the Echo Dot for adults, except that it’s brightly colored and inexplicably costs $30 more than the grown-up version. Cosmetics aside, Echo Dot is still an AI-powered microphone that listens constantly for an activation keyword, relays a user’s voice to remote servers where it is analyzed and processed opaquely, and then responds to an increasingly long list of commands; on its packaging, Amazon highlights commands like “tell me a story” and “start SpongeBob.” Dot for kids will not only perpetually listen to and entertain your children, but attempt to teach them manners in your stead: “Alexa even provides positive feedback when kids ask questions and remember to say ‘please,’” says Amazon.

But a group of experts says Amazon’s little Play-Doh-colored pucks have no place near children. A statement released today by the Campaign for a Commercial Free Childhood, or CCFC, which previously led a prominent campaign against a version of Facebook Messenger aimed at kids, claims that Dot for kids and its ability to streamline a kid’s interaction with brands “pose significant threats to children’s wellbeing and privacy.” The CCFC statement is joined by critical letters from Sen. Edward Markey and Rep. Joe Barton. According to the CCFC’s Executive Director Josh Golin, “Amazon wants kids to be dependent on its data-gathering device from the moment they wake up until they go to bed at night. … AI devices raise a host of privacy concerns and interfere with the face-to-face interactions and self-driven play that children need to thrive.” Jeff Chester, executive director of the Center for Digital Democracy, which co-signed the statement, added his concerns:

Commercially-produced voice-recognition technologies, such as Amazon Echo, are primarily designed to promote products and brands. Amazon is acting irresponsibly by urging parents to unleash an AI-driven Alexa product into their children’s lives, without first ensuring that it will not harm their cognitive and emotional development. Echo Dot Kids is designed to encourage children to give up their personal information so it can drive even more revenues for the E-Commerce colossus.

In particular, Amazon’s relatively cheap devices, including Kindle and Echo, are more or less openly a play at getting consumers locked into the Amazon Prime ecosystem of services, serving as a firehose of Amazon-licensed content and, of course, an easy way to buy goods from the megastore.

Amazon provided counter-statements to both the CCFC statement and the congressional letter, stating that the company “will be working directly with the Senator’s office to address each question, and that “Amazon takes privacy and security seriously.” Amazon also touted the “communal nature” of Dot for Kids:

Technology– in general – isn’t a replacement for parenting or social connection. One of the great things about Alexa and Echo is the communal nature of the device – parents and kids can join in the learning and fun together. We believe one of the core benefits of FreeTime and FreeTime Unlimited is that the services provide parents the tools they need to help manage the interactions between their child and Alexa as they see fit. For example, parents can review and listen to all their children’s voice recordings in the Alexa app, they can also review FreeTime Unlimited activity via the Parent Dashboard, and set bedtime limits or pause the device whenever they’d like.

The CCFC statement includes critical statements from a variety of experts in a variety of fields, including Massachusetts Institute of Technology professor Sherry Turkle, developmental pediatrician Jenny Radesky, and Kade Crockford of the American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts, who stressed that “children cannot consent to the type of surveillance a device like this will perform on them. They are too young to understand what it means to provide Amazon and potentially numerous other entities with their sensitive information, or to understand what it means to interact with artificial intelligence.”

Read more:

http://theintercept.com/2018/05/11/experts-say-keep-amazons-alexa-away-from-your-kids/

May 24, 2018 at 5:06 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.